British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Premiership League

Let's just push all the nonsense aside for this thread and think about what's happening.

Are we witnessing a league that could potentially turn into one of the all time classics seasons ever. We're heading to the halfway point in the season and I can't ever remember a time when top and bottom have ever only been separated by a measly 8 points.

King's Lynn go into this week with 2-3 matches in hand. Also on the other teams, 2-4 less home fixtures with 3 of their home fixtures to come in 7 days from next Monday.

Leicester just need to find a "hot" reserve and they'll be back in it too.

Belle Vue, Wolverhampton & Swindon are solid, Poole have bragged their backsides out of the gutter. 

On paper Somerset are the team to have punched above their weight but with the few changes they've made to their team (for the better) they could become formidable.

Potentially, 2018, when looked back on could go down as "THE" greatest league challenge ever in British Speedway history.

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Poole bragging?  :)

Only after the playoff final.

Looks to be turning into a Poole thread already:nono:

I was looking at the table last night and was amazed just looking at each teams points difference.Cant believe the biggest -/+ difference is only +26 for Wolves and -26 for leicester.

Personally unless Leicester make changes i can see them falling to the bottom and staying there.As for the other 6,i think a play-off place is achievable for any of them.

Agree it’s wide open. Swindon are definately on the slide down unless a couple of changes are made. Somerset, Poole and Belle Vue are three of the 4 imo with the other up for grabs.

kings lynn and somerset form teams at the moment i think poole may fall short again this season

• Like 1

Think Poole will breeze into the playoffs. We have two home meetings in hand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think that statement Could come back to haunt you by the end of season

Edited by Booey boy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can you remember what any of your riders look like?  :)

• Like 2

PREMIER LEAGUE.

this has to be the only sport/league,..where over 50% of the  league  reach the play offs

you couldnt make it up as a fairy tale 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, capone said:

PREMIER LEAGUE.

this has to be the only sport/league,..where over 50% of the  league  reach the play offs

you couldnt make it up as a fairy tale 

Top 3 only now since Rye House removed. 1st go straight to grand final, 2nd v 3rd in semi

3 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Top 3 only now since Rye House removed. 1st go straight to grand final, 2nd v 3rd in semi

I am confused as i have heard this rumour before, however the official BSPA website states the following under the league table:

PLAY-OFF PICTURE - HOW IT WORKS 
- Each team will race each other twice home and away.
- Top four teams progress to the play-offs (All play-off ties raced over two legs) .
- The team finishing top gets to choose from the second, third and fourth placed teams who they wish to race in the semi-finals.

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

I am confused as i have heard this rumour before, however the official BSPA website states the following under the league table:

PLAY-OFF PICTURE - HOW IT WORKS 
- Each team will race each other twice home and away.
- Top four teams progress to the play-offs (All play-off ties raced over two legs) .
- The team finishing top gets to choose from the second, third and fourth placed teams who they wish to race in the semi-finals.

And thats how it should  still be, nothing, should change mid season.