British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Mildenhall NL Wed 18th July

Birmingham Brummies
1. Tom Bacon 2. Callum Walker 3. R/R (Danyon Hume) 4. Leon Flint 5. James Shanes 6. Arran Butcher 7. Sheldon Davies

MILDENHALL
1. Ryan Kinsley 2. Drew Kemp 3. Josh Bailey 4. Danny Halsey 5. Danny Ayres 6. Matt Marson 7. Sam Woods

Looking at the teams: 

Bacon to outscore Kinsley   Kemp to outscore Walker RR to score equivalent to Bailey Flint to outscore Halsey Shanes to outscore Ayres Marson to outscore Butcher Woods to outscore Sheldon 

a very evenly matched fixture i think the brummies will win it big in heats 13&15 resulting in a 48-42 scoreline 

Guest GiveusaB

Depends if there's any dirt on the track....however, without Hume, I think Mildenhall will win by about 8 points!

Tough one to call. Think Marson could be the difference maker as Mildenhall look stronger at reserve along with the struggle to cover for Hume's absence. Flint can't take his RR until heat 12, Bacon isn't eligible so think RR is likely to return 6 at best rather than double figures and that swing in points in a tight meeting may be the undoing of the unlucky Brummies tonight.

Guest GiveusaB

Hopefully, in the grand scheme of things it will just dent the 'Brummies' pride a little.....we all know that it only really matters when the play-offs come round?

At the moment it's just about finishing in the top 4 ! (from a fans perspective...)

Guest GiveusaB
45 minutes ago, Argos said:

Anybody know what ex riders will be in attendance tonight 

I think there's a short list on Birminghams website?

Both Grahame's are mentioned ....John Hart....Big Arthur's always there, obviously....Archie Wilkinson (always in the stands)

Be nice to have a couple of surprises???

Brilliant meeting. Yes we will struggle with present format  but these boys are brilliant

• Like 1

A very enjoyable meeting as a neutral last night. What a ride from young Drew Kemp in heat 15 to clinch the win for the fen tigers. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a cracker, two teams well matched via various circumstances scrapping it out to a last heat decider. Wasn't there but wish i was, great advert for speedway at any level.

Very disappointed in the” Previous Birmingham Riders in attendance”  To celebrate our Anniversary, Guess how many there were?

2,yes 2 Brent Werner and Andy Grahame,

Very poor 

Guest GiveusaB
7 minutes ago, Argos said:

Very disappointed in the” Previous Birmingham Riders in attendance”  To celebrate our Anniversary, Guess how many there were?

2,yes 2 Brent Werner and Andy Grahame,

Very poor 

Agreed !!!

Hardly any effort to celebrate the 90th anniversary?

However, Alan Grahame was there and so was Jack Smith....and of course Big Arthur, who is always there : )

Very disappointing....as you quite rightly point out!

Guest GiveusaB

I shouldn't compare.....but I thought at the start of the season Leon Flint was just edging Drew Kemp with development? but after last night, I have to say what an exceptional talent Kemp is and the difference to when I last saw him earlier in the season is quite remarkable.....he's going all the way !

He was brilliant in Heat 15 !

Not only is he an emerging talent, but to hold his nerve to win a last heat decider, at his age, is beyond words!

So glad he's English !:t:

Out of all of the new generation of young guns, Drew Kemp looks the best. He looks fearless to me. When I saw him cruise to a maximum on a big track like the IOW, from the gate and the back, he certainly looked the real deal.