British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

A plea to BT Sport and the BSPA for Monday July 23rd

For the first time in many years, the 7 remaining teams  are all of a similar quality and each are capable of beating the other team.     I think the Swindon match against Leicester  will be closely fought and offers the BT sport crew a  decent match with a tight finish.   I for one am pleased this is not on the tele, giving me the opportunity to watch another meeting  apart from the one I go to.   (selfish, I know)     I cant remember this being mentioned before, but when there is live  TV on a Monday night, what effect does the  it have on attendances from the other matches at the same time.    There must be some who  get the weekly dosage  off the box in preference in shelling out to see their home team live.    

Because of their standing,  usually our matches against Poole are well attended and I don't see this any differently.   No doubt Buster wouldn't want to jeopardise his biggest gate of the season by having the TV cameras there for a pittance they receive for the privilege.  

Id like to think there will be other opportunities.  when the business end of the season comes around, when these two will be in competition.   Probably better to leave the TV cameras till then….    

The track preparation needs to be way better than those who went yesterday reported. Another own goal if the racing is poor because the track offers little to those who want to race at Swindon. If it always looks as if it is "first away wins" no newbies will be tempted to try a track visit near their own base. And even die-hards like myself will believe even more powerfully that the racing part of speedway racing is now a distant memory on most UK tracks.

57 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

The track preparation needs to be way better than those who went yesterday reported. Another own goal if the racing is poor because the track offers little to those who want to race at Swindon. If it always looks as if it is "first away wins" no newbies will be tempted to try a track visit near their own base. And even die-hards like myself will believe even more powerfully that the racing part of speedway racing is now a distant memory on most UK tracks.

Josh auty will struggle as he is a racer 

Looks like we are going to get a repeat in quality to last weeks meeting. Swindon/Leicester the two worst tracks in the whole country. Racing? Well to the first bend.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looks like we are going to get a repeat in quality to last weeks meeting. Swindon/Leicester the two worst tracks in the whole country. Racing? Well to the first bend.

Did you misspell Poole? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

At least the Abbey hasn't got holes on the first bend as big as football's.!!!

• Like 1

On 17 July 2018 at 5:19 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Because it would save me a ten hour round trip. 

So, if it was televised, you wouldn't go?

Rather supports my long-held view that televising league matches keeps attendances down, reducing track promotion income

16 hours ago, ray c said:

Josh auty will struggle as he is a racer 

Perhaps Scott too? Didn't he have a somewhat disastrous time as a Robin?

Blimey. Five minute feature on speedway on BBC Breakfast this morning!!!!  And it was good!  :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Blimey. Five minute feature on speedway on BBC Breakfast this morning!!!!  And it was good!  :)

Good bit of publicity for Robert Lambert too...

• Like 2

An excellent piece 

A paid promotional time slot such as that would cost many thousands - well done to whoever brokered that :t:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

An excellent piece 

A paid promotional time slot such as that would cost many thousands - well done to whoever brokered that :t:

Thats 2 days running on BBC Breakfast Sport!!  Someone seems to have got to grips with it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Thats 2 days running on BBC Breakfast Sport!!  Someone seems to have got to grips with it.

Lets hope they feel it worthwhile to report the result.....

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lets hope they feel it worthwhile to report the result.....

Or showing one or part of a race would be good, providing they pick the right one, but so far great publicity.

• Like 1