British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

19/07/2018 : Swindon v Somerset : Premiership

2 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

One of the worst reserve performances from a home team pairing I’ve EVER witnessed.

I'm sure they are trying .

24 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

One of the worst reserve performances from a home team pairing I’ve EVER witnessed.

Where are you stood RR, I’ll come over for a chat

He's probably like me, 200 miles away, watching updates.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Terrible tactical error by Somerset in heat 11. 3-3 would have kept the gap at 4 points but Doyle winning it allows Morris in on a t/r in heat 12, chopping out a zero scoring reserve.

Luckily they got away with it but would have been 6 up instead of four.

As much I hoped we would nick it (expected better from Perks) a 4 man team is never going to beat 7, dust this one off & go again 

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Where are you stood RR, I’ll come over for a chat

Let me know if this person exists 

Congratulations to Somerset as you can only beat what's in front of you. Well done to the Robins 4 as they nearly pulled it off.

Injuries have played a bad hand to so many teams the last few years & with so few riders wanting to ride in Britain it will only get worse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Rebels didn't even need to use Doyle in heat 15

Swindon gave up. White flag raised over Blunsdon stadium before the final heat. Doubt Bellego riding would have made much of a difference. Swindon just don’t have it this year.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Well done boys!

I know we were against a weakened Robins side but they rode well and got the job done. A special shout out to Tero Aarnio who did a bloody good job for us, especially in heat 12 up against Morris and Ellis.

• Like 1

A poor meeting in front of a good crowd.

Congratulations to the Rebels they did what they had to. Aarnio particularly good value for his score.

Robins top 4 battled hard but with no back up at reserve there was little chance of winning.

Not sure why Nick didn’t come out in 15. No disrespect to Adam but Somerset are rivals for the play off. There have been meetings where it’s been done and dusted and we have won easily and yet he comes out but tonight with potentially something on it, he wasn’t called upon?

Also, what is in the middle of bend 3 and 4? There have been issues in the previous meetings where Adam came off on a couple of occasions. Tonight, Alpen nearly binned it and Nick did.

It needs to be sorted, whatever the problem is.

Best race of the night, Muesli beating Doyley, Aarnio excellent as Rebels guest. Excellent crowd weather and coiderr.