British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

19/07/2018 : Swindon v Somerset : Premiership

13 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

A poor meeting in front of a good crowd.

Congratulations to the Rebels they did what they had to. Aarnio particularly good value for his score.

Robins top 4 battled hard but with no back up at reserve there was little chance of winning.

Not sure why Nick didn’t come out in 15. No disrespect to Adam but Somerset are rivals for the play off. There have been meetings where it’s been done and dusted and we have won easily and yet he comes out but tonight with potentially something on it, he wasn’t called upon?

Also, what is in the middle of bend 3 and 4? There have been issues in the previous meetings where Adam came off on a couple of occasions. Tonight, Alpen nearly binned it and Nick did.

It needs to be sorted, whatever the problem is.

This will not happen next year as they will have their new stadium up and running

That was grim watching.  I didn't bother hanging around for heat 15 after 14 pretty much ftg races. I dont recall a genuine pass all meeting. Reminded me why I don't pop along the m4 very often to the Abbey.

Hoping for some redemption at Somerset tomorrow night.

P**spoor stuff tonight definitely giving Monday a miss you know the 69th anniversary! Dreadful track hopeless racing embarrassing reserves against a Somerset side that didn’t exactly convince either neither will be anywhere near winning the playoffs and at this rate Swindon won’t even make them 

• Thanks 1

RR Meeting Report - V Somerset

Highlight - Meeting Ronnie Corey (the guy doesn’t age) 

Lowlight - More Speedway merchandise stands this evening, however I’m not paying £30 for a cap. 

Swindon Rider Report

Morris - Beaten twice by Doyle, FX ended all hopes of a unlikely victory. 6/10

Ellis - Scores between 6 and 10 points most meetings, you can’t ask for much more from a rider 4th in team averages. 7/10

Musielak - Class act, beat Doyle with ease. 8/10

Batchelor - Suprisingly lost to Holder in heat 4, if only the rest showed his determination. 7/10

Perks - Dire. 0/10

Smith - Out of his depth. 1/10

Visitor MOM - Tero Aarnio

Impressed me when guesting for Robins in 2017, did even better for Somerset this evening. 

15 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Lowlight - More Speedway merchandise stands this evening, however I’m not paying £30 for a cap. 

Swindon Rider Report

Ellis - Scores between 6 and 10 points most meetings, you can’t ask for much more from a rider 4th in team averages. 7/10

Batchelor - Suprisingly lost to Holder in heat 4, if only the rest showed his determination. 7/10

Perks - Dire. 0/10

Impressed me when guesting for Robins in 2017, did even better for Somerset this evening. 

So just to confirm, you don't want Tobi out anymore? 

• Haha 1

How much longer is Rosco going to stick with Smith ? Hopeless, reminds me of a reserve couple of seasons back who if he didn't fall off he was last !

11 minutes ago, johnno4 said:

How much longer is Rosco going to stick with Smith ? Hopeless, reminds me of a reserve couple of seasons back who if he didn't fall off he was last !

Said in Press Conference after tonight’s meeting that he will be sticking with Smith for remainder of season.

Oh dear DC2.......The loud crash of those wheels falling off could be heard all the way down here in deepest Dorset......glug..glug...glug :rofl:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Said in Press Conference after tonight’s meeting that he will be sticking with Smith for remainder of season.

The press conference is on social media for all to see/hear and realise if they didn't know already, that you are a troll. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

The press conference is on social media for all to see/hear and realise if they didn't know already, that you are a troll. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Swindon Rider Report

Perks - Dire. 0/10

Were you there??? are you deliberately trying to rile people on the Swindon thread you are a pain in the ass.On  the meeting p... poor racing bored stiff the highlight of my night was having a pint with Hagonshocker a mention for Tobi a class act when on it he was superb.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

The inability to produce a decent race track on a warm evening, was yet another own goal in this awful season for British speedway. The big pre cardiff crowd looked bored by the processional racing on offer, and I was one of them. Yet another missed opportunity for this fast declining sport.

Another good result for the Rebels, is there a more improved rider in the Premier than Jack Holder?. 

Still a long way to go but everyone’s favourite team to be bottom are currently comfortably top, a tremendous achievement. Well done everyone down at the OTA, looking forward to seeing my friends down there tonight at the Pairs.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

Another good result for the Rebels, is there a more improved rider in the Premier than Jack Holder?. 

Still a long way to go but everyone’s favourite team to be bottom are currently comfortably top, a tremendous achievement. Well done everyone down at the OTA, looking forward to seeing my friends down there tonight at the Pairs.

Quite right Cliff, Jack Holder especially has been an absolute revelation. I know it feels like an age since we had a home meeting but Jack's away average is actually higher than his home average.... you don't see that very often! What a signing he's been.

I couldn't of got it more wrong either as thought Aarnio would of been poor but seems he won us the match with a great double figure score. Doyley at his best too! Anyone know why he didn't do heat 15 when the points weren't secure? 

Another cracking away result ending another unbeaten home run of a team. Few more home wins and that should be us in the play offs comfortably.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DC2 said:

Hmmm.

We’ll be net losers in Nick Morris’s first three races, get 1-5 in heat 2 and 3-3 at best in heat 8 (Ellis), so we’re about minus 8 to start with.

And there it was, minus 8.

A brave attempt by the top four, coming up just short with two instances of bad luck for Nick and Batch.

It does make you wonder about Rosco and his management of the other three positions. With all the meetings coming up we should unquestionably have had a 28 day replacement for David, a better guest than Perks who has had so little bike time this year and a new asset replacement for Jack who simply can’t score at this level without being gifted.

Plenty of odd balls there too but none would fess up to being Reading Racer, who we suspected was cosy under his Thomas the Tank duvet a hundred miles away in Peterborough. :)