British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

19/07/2018 : Swindon v Somerset : Premiership

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I cannot help noticing a certain irony in a Swindon fan mentioning team changes and winning leagues through them..

*cough* Tobiasz Musielak *cough*

A fine local lad who came up through the Sprockets I presume?...;)

If Speedway wants to be taken seriously as a team sport then winning has to be the ultimate attainment..

And if you are not doing enough of it, then you either improve the performance of your current personnel or you change them....

Exactly this.

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I cannot help noticing a certain irony in a Swindon fan mentioning team changes and winning leagues through them..

*cough* Tobiasz Musielak *cough*

A fine local lad who came up through the Sprockets I presume?...;)

If Speedway wants to be taken seriously as a team sport then winning has to be the ultimate attainment..

And if you are not doing enough of it, then you either improve the performance of your current personnel or you change them....

Tobi was one of Swindon’s two tactical changes in 2017 and he was brought in as an asset, kept for the season and retained this year.

How many of Poole’s and Leicester’s team changes this year have come in as assets, been kept and will be retained next year?

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Total nonsense as usual Belle Vue 1972 the greatest side i ever saw they kept the same 1/7 and they won it in the  correct manor.Of course you want to win but most fans want a team they can relate to not keep having endless changes.Your club in the last two years chasing the dream endlless changes like Lahti,Kennett,Starke, Zengota, Nielsen, R.Worrall all short term measures.

Totally agree with what you say, something the BSPA is completely oblivious to.  This is where the play-offs fail the teams that don't make the play-offs.     

45 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

God crowd. Terrible racing. It’s been absolutely awful this year. 

You know it’s bad when you see Morris slowing down Aarnio to try and get Ellis through, but Ellis can’t find anything anywhere to even get close to passing.

Trouble is with all the doubt over the future of the track and stadium, I can’t imagine that the club will be spending any money on the track at all. It suffers awfully for it.

well done to Somerset for beating what was in front of them, but I thought their middle order was bang average. It was only Aarnio’s heroics (who i wouldn’t mind seeing as a temp replacement for Bellego if it was needed) that spared them from the blushes of not putting away a team which had reserves not beating an opponent out in 10 of the 15 heats!

Hilarious seeing all the hindsight heroes having a moan about what should have been done about the team.

Ellis not being able to get past Aarnio was worrying, especially following his brilliant heat win in heat 3, but how much of that was due to the state of the track  

Just now, DC2 said:

Tobi was one of Swindon’s two tactical changes in 2017 and he was brought in as an asset, kept for the season and retained this year.

How many of Poole’s and Leicester’s team changes this year have come in as assets, been kept and will be retained next year?

We don’t know, Mystic Meg. Can you tell us what next years league structure and rules are please?

There’s no I in team and whatever riders Matt Ford puts out the fans will cheer the team.

Enjoy your same 1-7 for the rest of the season and leave the other teams to battle out the playoffs.:P

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

monster_gif_by_vamp1967-d53t7uu.gif

A little over 29 hours to Cardiff...

If you are going, pop along to a costume hire shop, and buy a mask....You will be frightening lots of people, not just kids, otherwise....

What about a Donald Trump mask ? He is a really popular bloke, just like you.....

16 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Ellis not being able to get past Aarnio was worrying, especially following his brilliant heat win in heat 3, but how much of that was due to the state of the track  

The thing that is puzzling ORLOV is that the track looks really nice but the racing this year has been dire.Apart from a really nice cutback from Doyley in one race and Ellis riding his nuts off to get to Arnio the racing was dreadful.Adam this year been really pleased with him improving by the minute and at times looks quick.A real surprise last night was how poor Jake Allen was he has never done anything at the Abbey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

I see the troll from Reading is still posting crap, just like the riders it stated would be riding for Swindon where the prog had the right riders listed .

Obsessed Stalker

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Obsessed Stalker

If you keep posting crap it will continue

Why oh why are people still engaging with them?! We all know they’re talking bollocks just to get a rise out of people, yet people keep rising to the bait time and again. How hard is it to just say nothing?!!

wise up folks.

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Well considering that we didn’t see a single genuine pass all night and we know that Ellis has had good speed and made plenty of passes this season already....

id say quite a lot of that was due to the state of the track.

It’s not like the track was producing passing every bend and Adam was the only rider unable to work it out, is it?

• Like 1

is there a presidence here, season 2017. Unfancied team sweeps all before them to win the league, season 2018 ...............................................................................ditto, maybe.

DC2 Swindon would be making changes at this moment in time. Problem is they cant get anyone because nobody want's to ride for them. Not even Stuart Robson. 

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

The thing that is puzzling ORLOV is that the track looks really nice but the racing this year has been dire.Apart from a really nice cutback from Doyley in one race and Ellis riding his nuts off to get to Arnio the racing was dreadful.Adam this year been really pleased with him improving by the minute and at times looks quick.A real surprise last night was how poor Jake Allen was he has never done anything at the Abbey.

ONLY this year the track been poor ????

30 minutes ago, sommelier said:

ONLY this year the track been poor ????

For a few years now it has been different from week to week, but have no idea what the answer is .