British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

19/07/2018 : Swindon v Somerset : Premiership

5 hours ago, hyderd said:

is there a presidence here, season 2017. Unfancied team sweeps all before them to win the league, season 2018 ...............................................................................ditto, maybe.

And what is the common factor if it happens? Jason Doyle. A rider who gives much more to a side than the points he scores, which is why so many teams are trying to get him out of the league.

I'm a massive fan of Nick Morris and to be fair he has done a solid job at number one in 2018, but this is Jason Doyle we are talking about. Doyle over Morris every single time.

51 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

I'm a massive fan of Nick Morris and to be fair he has done a solid job at number one in 2018, but this is Jason Doyle we are talking about. Doyle over Morris every single time.

Nobody cares what you think. You don’t support a team or go to matches. You are irrelevant.  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Nobody cares what you think. You don’t support a team or go to matches. You are irrelevant.  :)

I live in Haydon Wick and attend every home meeting. I started attending Smallmead in 1990 with my dad and uncle. I was hooked from that moment and went every season until the closure. I moved to Swindon in 2016 and now watch the Robins every home meeting. I’m 34.

Edited by ReadingRacer2017
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

And what is the common factor if it happens? Jason Doyle. A rider who gives much more to a side than the points he scores, which is why so many teams are trying to get him out of the league.

couldn't agree more, a late starter maybe, but he's deffo there now.

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

I'm not there so don't know..I was under the impression he rides for himself and has dropped his average in a weaker league by over a point.

Lambo 9.28

Batch, and I don't like him 8.83

Masters 8.76

Doyle 8.66.

I hope he gives much more. He sure costs a whole lot more..

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

I live in Haydon Wick and attend every home meeting. I started attending Smallmead in 1990 with my dad and uncle. I was hooked from that moment and went every season until the closure. I moved to Swindon in 2016 and now watch the Robins every home meeting. I’m 34.

Were you Burghfield Bullet on here ?  And what was your first meeting in 90 - that was my first year also although i was 13 that year

My first meeting in 90 was Reading v Swindon oddly, when Per arrived on the centre green in a helicopter after winning WC, I would of been 7 or 8.

Burghfield Bullet as in Andrew Appleton, possibly it sounds familiar, would of been years ago.

Edited by ReadingRacer2017
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

My first meeting in 90 was Reading v Swindon oddly, when Per arrived on the centre green in a helicopter after winning WC, I would of been 7 or 8.

Burghfield Bullet as in Andrew Appleton, possibly it sounds familiar, would of been years ago.

It was second-ish weekend in September 90 then.  We were at the 90 World final and that was a week or so before.

Burghfield Bullet, yes i guess you used it cos of AA, no drama, i'm just mentioning it as some folk think you're Kks, and she is someone else entirely.

However, you did have pretty chequered history on the Reading forums, so maybe engage with folk here a bit more and open yourself up to perhaps catching up at a Swindon meeting with some of them, and maybe not be quite so keen to chop and change.  I'm sure you remember in our Smallmead days we didn't do that, we supported the team in bad and good, and there were many bad times you no doubt witnessed as i did also.

Anyway

Cheers

Tom

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sommelier said:

ONLY this year the track been poor ????

I would say generally the last three years it has been poor and i have said endless times forget the teams forget the averages forget the rules.The sport needs to concentrate on making it a decent night out entertainment comes way before winning or losing at the moment that is not happening.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

This post  maybe shows me you COULD????? be a genuine guy.I have been a Swindon supporter since 1968 but from 1983 until 1989 went to Reading most weeks.Loved the Monday night out and when the track was good Smallmead was decent  night out some real good racing.Reading in that time had a couple of years where they were really challenging for the title i remember one year they were there right  there to the end in the title race with Belle Vue and Ipswich.To see Per Jonsson develope the way he did was terrific he was worth going to Reading everyweek to see him a real class act Per and Gustafson at Kings Lynn both were classy.

• Like 2