British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

19/07/2018 : Swindon v Somerset : Premiership

Hi, not been to the Abbey for some while but intending to take this meet in first one for about 4 years. I read that parking at the stadium is limited? If so what time should I aim to get there is order to get a space?

Travelling from Bristol

Thanks for any advice anyone

I normally get there at 18:50 and there are plenty of spaces then. Expect crowd to be bigger than normal for this though.

KKS has been doing the same thing for years. Provides consistently wrong information whilst purporting to be “in the know”, match predictions, proposed changes to team/averages etc....( see Poole Pirates thread wanting Middleditch axed/Sundstrom replaced under the Mattfordfan guise) .and the same old grammatical errors. 

Currently Jeremycorbynfan on the Peterborough thread (where KKS was born/hatched). 

• Like 1

I

3 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

KKS has been doing the same thing for years. Provides consistently wrong information whilst purporting to be “in the know”, match predictions, proposed changes to team/averages etc....( see Poole Pirates thread wanting Middleditch axed/Sundstrom replaced under the Mattfordfan guise) .and the same old grammatical errors. 

Currently Jeremycorbynfan on the Peterborough thread (where KKS was born/hatched). 

I think you’ve got me mixed up with somebody else. My name is Danny Green. 

5 hours ago, Anzum said:

I normally get there at 18:50 and there are plenty of spaces then. Expect crowd to be bigger than normal for this though.

Thank you

19 hours ago, OldBulldog said:

Hi, not been to the Abbey for some while but intending to take this meet in first one for about 4 years. I read that parking at the stadium is limited? If so what time should I aim to get there is order to get a space?

Travelling from Bristol

Thanks for any advice anyone

Or if you want free parking and the car park is busy drive past stadium on left and carry on about 400 yards, and park on one of the estates, 5 minute walk. Enjoy the meeting.

Hmmm.

We’ll be net losers in Nick Morris’s first three races, get 1-5 in heat 2 and 3-3 at best in heat 8 (Ellis), so we’re about minus 8 to start with.

Would take a very poor Rebels performance for Swindon to win this one!! In theory we need the 4 actual premier standard riders to score 45 that's a massive ask on current form and against Doyle and Holder 

Covatti missing for the Rebels is a big miss considering the form he has been in since signing for us. Whilst our team has changed slightly, and Swindon are missing both Bellego and Zak Waj from the  previous meeting, we got slaughtered there earlier in the year. Remarkably Swindon are the only team in the league with a 100% winning record at home too.

Swindon 48 Somerset 42 I'll go for.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:13 AM, EnglishRoundabout said:

I can see a very fired up Robins for this match. Robins to win by 6. 

They will be fired up, thats for sure. But not a 6 point win for me.  Nick, Adam, Troy and Toby need get at least 40 between them  if you have a chance of winning the meeting at all imho.Looking like a very close meeting to me. 

Just don't see how Swindon can win this match with the reserve's in 10 of the 15 heats