British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adonis

is anybody interested in MDL any more

No results ever get posted on the meetings  either here or on facebook ,  looks like the MDl  is a dead duck 

24 minutes ago, adonis said:

No results ever get posted on the meetings  either here or on facebook ,  looks like the MDl  is a dead duck 

Sadly true. The introduction of the SDL has been a positive in some lights but still with 5 teams in each its very light on fixtures. 4 H & 4 A is certainly not going to see many riders develop at a substantial rate. Add in that even tracks/track staff that host teams don't always offer much support which is sadly mud in the eye to the few amazing individuals who run the sides and the riders who travel huge distances in an attempt to better themselves.

• Like 2

If you check the MDL Facebook page, you'll find I posted all the averages, results and league table up to and including the 30th June.

So in answer to the question posed by 'adonis', yes somebody does care, and I spend endless hours trying to publicise these details for all three junior leagues, plus the British Amateur Riders' League thank you very much.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

If you check the MDL Facebook page, you'll find I posted all the averages, results and league table up to and including the 30th June.

So in answer to the question posed by 'adonis', yes somebody does care, and I spend endless hours trying to publicise these details for all three junior leagues, plus the British Amateur Riders' League thank you very much.  

Hats off i did not know about the facebook page but then i don't do facebook. However you are included in my list of tireless volunteers who put so much in for the pure love of it. 

P.S fingers crossed for a return of a Kings Lynn MDL team in the not too distant future

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've tried uploading the latest stats onto the BSF, but unfortunately I'm being denied the chance to do so, as the files are to large.

Facebook is accepting them okay, and they are on the MDL Facebook page, but if don't use FB, then there's nothing I can do from that point of view.

If you want to PM me your e-mail address, I can try sending them to you like that, if you want to see the up to date information.

Cheers

Mike

On 7/19/2018 at 3:06 PM, Mimmo said:

I've tried uploading the latest stats onto the BSF, but unfortunately I'm being denied the chance to do so, as the files are to large.

Facebook is accepting them okay, and they are on the MDL Facebook page, but if don't use FB, then there's nothing I can do from that point of view.

If you want to PM me your e-mail address, I can try sending them to you like that, if you want to see the up to date information.

Cheers

Mike

found it on Facebook , Speedway midland development league , but the photos are so small i can't read any of it . 

• Haha 1

Well I hope people are still interested. Myself, Nigel Hinchliffe and Laurence Rogers put a lot of hard work into this project and although I'm no longer involved in speedway I'm pleased to see that it is still running. My only gripe is that I now see the league and the SDL as being infiltrated by fantasists running ghost teams of whom there is very little chance of them ever getting land for a track. Some call themselves promoters but would not dare put their money where their mouth is. On one side of the coin the ghost teams are giving young riders an opportunity but unfortunately on the other side all they serve as is an ego trip for the fantasists who run them.

• Like 1

Sadly my only real gripe about the development leagues is the lack of team spirit & more that it has become purely an opportunity for riders to get additional track time (no bad thing on its own) but the number of guests used now is creeping ever higher and teams are being put together depending on opposition rather than fully utilise the squads as per the intention.

My biggest bug bear is the costs involved with trying to run teams, standalone clubs face huge bills whereas teams associated with a parent club can run much cheaper e.g Birmingham Bulls entry & admin costs are significantly lower than Milton Keynes for example and both run from the same track, however that is not due to the development leagues organisation but the greed of the SCB/BSPA yet again who bleat about the future of the sport and do limited amounts to help it.

• Like 1

Real fans/followers want to know the result but we need volunteers  to  post etc. Just like track staff in all the leagues we do it for love of the sport.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 8:14 PM, kelvinlapworth said:

Well I hope people are still interested. Myself, Nigel Hinchliffe and Laurence Rogers put a lot of hard work into this project and although I'm no longer involved in speedway I'm pleased to see that it is still running. My only gripe is that I now see the league and the SDL as being infiltrated by fantasists running ghost teams of whom there is very little chance of them ever getting land for a track. Some call themselves promoters but would not dare put their money where their mouth is. On one side of the coin the ghost teams are giving young riders an opportunity but unfortunately on the other side all they serve as is an ego trip for the fantasists who run them.

yes kelvin .I know you , Nigel Hinchcliffe and Richard Hollingworth put a lot of effort into the project , and i don't think its fair to leave  someone out who was actually involved in the inception and add  someone who wasn't . 

On 8/9/2018 at 9:18 PM, Topcat said:

Real fans/followers want to know the result but we need volunteers  to  post etc. Just like track staff in all the leagues we do it for love of the sport.

someone posts all the NJL  fixtures and results .but no one does the MDL or SJL .  

On 9/17/2018 at 1:34 PM, adonis said:

someone posts all the NJL  fixtures and results .but no one does the MDL or SJL .  

That's me. I put them on the Youth section to increase the awareness of our NJL and my team, and it also gives MIMMO another stream to allow him to calculate his averages. If I can, I also put on the others teams results, but it's usually my own team, Newcastle Gems results, that I concentrate on. 

I've been producing averages for the MDL & NJL for a few years now, plus of course the SDL.

They've always appeared on Facebook, British Speedway Website and appear in the Peter Oakes Yearbook every year.

I've only stopped posting NJL results, because some people don't agree with me not including bonus points, which is the official way, and the fact the Tsunami who I assume posts them in an official capacity.    

• Thanks 1

Any ideas when the AGM(s) take place for the development leagues take place or if they have taken place? Ive seen nothing with regards to the competing teams for 2019 although i believe Weymouth have already completed their squad.