British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adonis

is anybody interested in MDL any more

will you still be racing at arlington skydog , with the eagles going up to the championship ?

On 7/19/2018 at 3:06 PM, Mimmo said:

I've tried uploading the latest stats onto the BSF, but unfortunately I'm being denied the chance to do so, as the files are to large.

Facebook is accepting them okay, and they are on the MDL Facebook page, but if don't use FB, then there's nothing I can do from that point of view.

If you want to PM me your e-mail address, I can try sending them to you like that, if you want to see the up to date information.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike, Just out of interest do you know who is the all time leading points scorer to date in the MDL since its debut in 2011? Cheers

18 hours ago, kelvinlapworth said:

Hi Mike, Just out of interest do you know who is the all time leading points scorer to date in the MDL since its debut in 2011? Cheers

Ooh what a great question that is. Would think Geary, Springthorpe & Strudwick  will be near the top ?

21 hours ago, kelvinlapworth said:

I'm tied up for a few days Kelvin, but I will answer your question in due course.

Was the MDL on the go in 2011?  If it was, can you give me a pointer as to what clubs were in it, as I have nor records of it?   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I'm tied up for a few days Kelvin, but I will answer your question in due course.

Was the MDL on the go in 2011?  If it was, can you give me a pointer as to what clubs were in it, as I have nor records of it?   

Thanks Mike, The 2011 edition was known as the Midland League but came to be known as the MDL half way through. It was an unofficial league as the MDL was not sanctioned by the BSPA until 2012 so I doubt any results for 2011 would be listed in their archives. For the record 5 teams took part - Halifax, Long Eaton, Scunthorpe, Sheffield and Team Viking Academy (based at Sheffield). Long Eaton and Viking Academy then raced in a 2 leg Grand Final. Unfortunately I dont have the scores  anymore as my laptop from that time has died. I will do my best to dig any info I can out though. I would have a good bet on Connor Dwyer being up there. 

In the meantime this may help http://www.spensites.co.uk/mdlinfo11.html

Edited by kelvinlapworth

5 hours ago, kelvinlapworth said:

Thanks Mike, The 2011 edition was known as the Midland League but came to be known as the MDL half way through. It was an unofficial league as the MDL was not sanctioned by the BSPA until 2012 so I doubt any results for 2011 would be listed in their archives. For the record 5 teams took part - Halifax, Long Eaton, Scunthorpe, Sheffield and Team Viking Academy (based at Sheffield). Long Eaton and Viking Academy then raced in a 2 leg Grand Final. Unfortunately I dont have the scores  anymore as my laptop from that time has died. I will do my best to dig any info I can out though. I would have a good bet on Connor Dwyer being up there. 

Kelvin it is very interesting to read your summary of that year . Heady days indeed. Thank you for everything you did in running and promoting it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Great Central said:

Kelvin it is very interesting to read your summary of that year . Heady days indeed. Thank you for everything you did in running and promoting it. 

Likewise its great to look back and see the humble beginnings which grew so rapidly in just a couple of years. Far too many dismiss the league and its racing but the list of riders who have progressed through the MDL and into NL and beyond is extensive so a great many owe you, Nigel and all the other volunteers a huge debt of thanks (if only the bspa were as supportive).

Got slightly bored but a very quick look at the archives for 2012-2014 shows just how many riders progressed through the MDL into the higher leagues (ive only listed full time places and not unattached guests as that would make it even longer. Many notable names along with some wasters but still impressive and a credit to all those involved in organising and 2 fingers to those who brand it the wobblers club.

Max Clegg            
Chris Widman       
Andy Mellish        
Tom Woolley          
Shaun Tedham         
Adam Kirby          
Jack Kingston        
David Holt       
Josh Bates          
Daniel Greenwood    
Lee Geary          
Conor Dwyer       
Tyler Govier        
Martin Knuckey       
Adam Portwood       
Ellis Perks         
Oliver Greenwood  
Liam Rumsey  
Connor Coles  
Nick Laurence  
Danno Verge   
Ryan Terry-Daley  
Adam Sheppard 
Connor Dugard 
Danny Phillips 
Martin Wrathall 
Luke Chessell 
Matt Williamson 
Rob Shuttleworth 
Adam Extance 
Sam Woods 
Nathan Greaves 
Luke Crang 
James Shanes  
Martin Knuckey 
Lewis Rose 
Josh Bailey 
Connor Mountain  
Ryan MacDonald   
Arron Mogridge   
Lee Payne   
Reece Downes 
Sam Chapman   
Layne Cupitt  
Stefan Farnaby 
Tom Bacon 
Ben Basford 
Robert Parker  
Danyon Hume 
Jason Garrad  
Paul Bowen  
Ryan Kinsley    
Alex Wilson  
Danny Ayres  
Luke Harris  

Jamie Couzins

quite an impresssive list there ,  makes it all the more dissapointing  seeing it  , that this particular production line  was largely disregarded by the BSPA except for the revenue it collected by way of licenses and registrations . I very much doubt that in another 8 years you will be able to compile such an impressive list

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2019 at 6:56 PM, kelvinlapworth said:

Here is what you wanted Kelvin. 

MIDLAND DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE RIDERS’ POINTS 2011
(Includes Guest Rides & Tactical Rides)
(Unofficial)

Lee Geary 83 Luke Chessell 46 Chris Widman 45 Ricky Scarboro 41 Conor Dwyer 40 Oliver Greenwood 38 Adam Kirby 36 Jordan Tyrer 31
Daniel Mitchell 29 Ben Holloway 27 Liam Rumsey 27 Steven Jones 22 Adam Kenyon 20 Michael Mitchell 20 Ben Hopwood 17 Tom Woolley 17
Rachel Hellowell 13 Andrew Blackburn 12 
Connor Coles 12 Tom Hill 11 Adam Wrathall 11 Wayne Carter 9 Tamas Sike 9 Lewis Blackbird 5
Adam Briggs 5 David Holt 5 Trevor Bebbington 4 Benji Compton 4 Alex McLeod 4 Ross Walter 4 Adam Portwood 2 Paul Chester 0

Compiled by Mike Moseley

MIDLAND DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE RIDERS' POINTS 2012-2018

David Holt 403 Lee Geary 371 Layne Cupitt 337 Alex Wilson 270 Adam Portwood 258 Conor Dwyer 251 Shaun Tedham 245 Sam Chapman 234 Tom Bacon 223 Max Clegg 219 Andy Mellish 205 Rob Watts 200 Adam Sheppard 197 Luke Whitehead 194 Stephen Whitehouse 193 Tom Woolley 191 Adam Kirby 186
Josh Bailey 171 Sam Ward 154 
Connor King 153 Jeremy Pestell 146 Jack P Blackburn 144 Ryan Terry-Daley 139 Robert Parker 136 Niall Strudwick 135 Michael Neale 131 Danny Ayres 127 Sam Darroch 123 Danyon Hume 122 Sam Woolley 121 Daniel Phillips 120 Lee Springthorpe 119 Jamie Halder 114 Connor Fletcher 108 Rob Shuttleworth 106 Oliver Greenwood 103 Lee Payne 103 Kean Dicken 102 William O’Keefe 102 Kyle Roberts 101 Ben Basford 98 Sam Wright 94 Ryan Kinsley 91 Cameron Hoskins 89 Matt Williamson 84 Taylor Hampshire 83 Ben Holloway 82 George Hunter 82 Tom Spencer 82
Martin Knuckey 81 Mitchell Beckett 79 James Chattin 75 Connor Mountain 74 Sam Woods 73 Scooter Webster 72 Andrew Blackburn 70 Arran Butcher 70 Sheldon Davies 68 Danno Verge 68 Chris Bambury 63 Andy Mountain 63 Ben Hewitt 60 Dan Gilkes 56 Daniel Greenwood 52 Joe Alcock 51
Nathan Greaves 51 Chris Watts 51 Liam Rumsey 50 Bradley Andrews 47 Paul Bowen 47 Chris Hay 47 John Markham 47 Ryan MacDonald 47
Andrew Braithwaite 44 Ben Rathbone 43 Alec Wright 43 Lewis Whitmore 43 Jack Thomas 41 James Shanes 40 Reece Downes 39 Jake Isherwood 37

Connor Coles 36 Lloyd Ditchburn 36 Lewis Austen 35 Carl Basford 35 Luke Harris 34 Arron Mogridge 34 Sean Phillips 34 Henry Atkins 33
Ryan Burton 31 Craig Osborne 31 Jason Garrad 29 Sam Bebee 28 Martin Wrathall 28 Ben Woodhull 26 Josh Embleton 25 Luke Crang 25 David Morgan 25 George Rothery 25 Alex Spooner 25 Alfie Bowtell 23 Adam Extance 23 Mark Baldock 22 Ross Walter 22 Dan Miles 21 Liam Sanderson 21
Chris Widman 21 Adam Barber 20 John Gaskell 20 Ellis Perks 20 Gavin Parr 20 Bradley Seal 20 Charles Wallace 20 Lawrence Fielding 19
Josh Bates 18 Tommy Fenwick 18 Bailey Fellows 18 Nick Laurence 18 Rachel Hellowell 17 Jordan Jenkins 17 Joe Lawlor 17 
Jack Kingston 16
Luke McKenna 15 Lewis Rose 15 Paul Quarterman 13 Lewis Millar 12 
Martin Pearce 12 Tom Stokes 12 David Wallinger 12 Michael Faulkner 11
Tom Sipos 11 
Callum Walker 11 Danny Wright 11 Tim Colley 10 Kevin Whelan 10 Saul Bulley 9 Luke Chessell 9 Corban Pavitt 9 Luke Ruddick 9
Jamie Bursill 8 Joe Exley 8 Lewis Griggs 8 Dale Lamb 8 Jake Williams 8 Trevor Bebbington 7 James Hitchen 7 Alex McLeod 7 
Harvie Banks 6
Simon Allan 6 Tom Braddock 6 Jack Hall 6 James Jessop 6 Rikki Mullins 6 Jamie Sealey 6 James Spencer 6 Kurtis Scarboro 6 Stefan Farnaby 5
Damon Hall 5 
Stuart Freeman 5 Tyler Govier 5 Dan Mitchell 5 Brad Tokley 5 Stevie Anderson 4 Jamie Couzins 4 Emerson Jones 4 Harry Jones 4 Freddie Owen 4 Russell Barnett 3 Jamie Collins 3 Daniel Hunt 3 Simon Pearce 3 Ollie Rutter 3 David Speight 3 Luke Woodhull 3 Ronan Atkinson 2 Jacob Clouting 2 Connor Dugard 2 Callum Harris 2 Craig Hancock 2 Kevin Keay 2 Chris Neame 2 Blair Smith 2 Jack Smith 2 Daniel Woodward 2
Haydon Ball 1 Lloyd Barrett 1 Adam Briggs 1 David Lidgett 1 Steve Cook 0 Liam Carr 0

Compiled by Mike Moseley.

• Like 2

Huge thanks for the list (who would have suspected Liam Carr would have been bottom). Plenty of long forgotten names in there along with loads of established ones too. By my quick rough count there are over 90 riders in the list that have been declared in full league 1-7's at some point. Think thats very impressive.

14 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Hey mike you fancy doing the same for the njl

Hi don't think I have any records prior to 2012.

I will at some point have a look at doing what you want from 2012 onwards, but it won't be immediate.

• Like 1