British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adonis

is anybody interested in MDL any more

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Hi don't think I have any records prior to 2012.

I will at some point have a look at doing what you want from 2012 onwards, but it won't be immediate.

Phil,

I can find records dating back to 2011, but I believe the NJL started in 2010 didn't it?

If so, do you know where I can locate the results and scorers?

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Phil,

I can find records dating back to 2011, but I believe the NJL started in 2010 didn't it?

no sorry I don't 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Phil,

Dick Barrie (press officer at Berwick?) may be your best bet. I'm sure he was the one running it from 2010 - 2012. After that Jamie Swales took it over for a bit.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2019 at 7:22 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Hey mike you fancy doing the same for the njl

I haven't been able to get any riders points for 2010 I'm afraid, so this is from 2011 onwards.

NORTHERN JUNIOR LEAGUE RIDERS' POINTS 2011-2018

Archie Freeman 239 Corban Pavitt 221 Josh Embleton 204 Kieran Douglas 187 Sam McGurk 177 Jordan Palin 176 James Hitchen 175 Ryan MacDonald 170 Gavin Parr 159 Kevin Whelan 157 Carl Basford 153 Dale Lamb 153 Luke Harrison 150 Daniel Phillips 144 Elliot Kelly 143 Harry McGurk 143
Lewis Millar 135 Kean Dicken 133 Leon Flint 130 Gregor Millar 121 Kieran McCoy(aka Taylor) 119 Ben Basford 110 James McBain 105
George Rothery 103 
Ryan Morris 97 Kyle Bickley 96 Tommy Fenwick 96 Jack Wright 94 Luke Ruddick 84 Dan Gilkes 82 Alex Goldsbrough 81
Paul Bowen 77 Max Perry 71 David Morgan 70 
Peter Johnson 63 Rob Shuttleworth 57 Stefan Farnaby 56 Mark Mclkenny 55 Luke McKenna 54
Lloyd Ditchburn 52 Joe Lawlor 52 Sheldon Davies 50 Liam Carr 47 Blair Smith 42 
Jay Farish 40 Chris Hay 40 Kyran Lyden 39 Sam Darroch 38
Jack Bell 36 John MacPhail 35 
Dale Pate 35 Ben Rathbone 35 Steven Morris 32 Kevin Keay 30 Danny Smith 30 Jack Flynn 29 Andrew Sturrock 28
Tom Spencer 28 Brenton Barnfield 27 Jamie Halder 27 
Rikki Anderson 20 Gary Flint 20 Beau Stonehewer 20 Ace Pijper 19 Connor Lamb 18
Bailey Fellows 17 Greg Mackie 16 Arlo Bugeja 15 Adam Kenyon 15 Caydin Martin 15 Brady Mudgway 14 Kyle Deans 13 Matt Williamson 13
Callum Gill 12 Max Clegg 11 
Daniel Mitchell 11 David Pye 11 Liam Little 10 Michael Neale 10 Glyn Picken 10 James Cartmell 9 Marty Rathbone 9 Montana Jowett 8 Lee Baldwin 7 William Cairns 7 Emerson Jones 7 William O’Keefe 7 John Atkinson 6 Jake Isherwood 6 Alex Wilson 6 Jack Hall 5
Phil Learmonth 5 Adam Barber 4 John Gaskell 4 Rachel Hellowell 4 
Ashton Vale 4 Connor Coles 3 James Culbert 3 Dean Douglas 3 Joe Fisher 3
Freddie Fox-Baron 3 Dan Thompson 3 Joe Thompson 3 Ben Trigger 3 Luke Whitehead 3 Luke Woodhull 3 Andrew Blackburn 2 Sam Chapman 2 Kris Forster 2 Archie Wareham 1 Stephen Whitehouse 1 Daniel Woodward 1 Lewis Winthrop 0

Compiled by Mike Moseley.

• Like 1

Just seen that Milton Keynes have managed to secure a home  for MDL this year At brum / having seen the announcement  of their squad . especailly  who has been named captain . I no lionger have any interest in MDL , 39 year olds who have been in mdl  for at least 5 years and have  still got 0 point averages  hold no interest for me I'm afraid

On 2/23/2019 at 10:58 PM, adonis said:

Just seen that Milton Keynes have managed to secure a home  for MDL this year At brum / having seen the announcement  of their squad . especailly  who has been named captain . I no lionger have any interest in MDL , 39 year olds who have been in mdl  for at least 5 years and have  still got 0 point averages  hold no interest for me I'm afraid

Sadly MK don't have the scope within the lower ranks of the sport anymore to find / introduce riders not quite ready for the step up (as per the leagues initial concept) although in their defence they are not alone. The league though is becoming clogged up with riders who are just starting out in the sport rather than having a couple of years at amateur level then pushing for dev league spots, in turn this is dragging down the standard of the leagues and tarnishing the good names that the hard working volunteers are trying to protect. 

On 2/23/2019 at 10:58 PM, adonis said:

I understand where your'e coming from but "mature riders" are nothing new in the MDL. If you go back to the first couple of editions of the MDL a good number of the riders were over 30 but thankfully league developed into what it was intended and the majority of riders are now under 20. 

Sadly though with the league now combined with the southern tracks, teams may have to rely move heavily on the over 30's to travel down to the likes of Eastbourne, Isle of White and Plymouth as midland and northern based youngsters will struggle to do the journey in the week if their dads can't get time off. Lets not forget they are not paid travel expenses, etc at this level. Someone has pointed out on another thread that it won't be a problem as lads want to race regardless of where in the country it is. True, but its not the kids that are having to take the time off work and drive them around. 

I do hope the S+MDL works but I do fear it will put too much on the Midland/Northern based riders. Hopefully this is just for one season and next year more tracks will come back into the fold so the leagues can be regionalised again. 

47 minutes ago, kelvinlapworth said:

I understand where your'e coming from but "mature riders" are nothing new in the MDL. If you go back to the first couple of editions of the MDL a good number of the riders were over 30 but thankfully league developed into what it was intended and the majority of riders are now under 20. 

Sadly though with the league now combined with the southern tracks, teams may have to rely move heavily on the over 30's to travel down to the likes of Eastbourne, Isle of White and Plymouth as midland and northern based youngsters will struggle to do the journey in the week if their dads can't get time off. Lets not forget they are not paid travel expenses, etc at this level. Someone has pointed out on another thread that it won't be a problem as lads want to race regardless of where in the country it is. True, but its not the kids that are having to take the time off work and drive them around. 

I do hope the S+MDL works but I do fear it will put too much on the Midland/Northern based riders. Hopefully this is just for one season and next year more tracks will come back into the fold so the leagues can be regionalised again. 

Is it not time to introduce the 125/150 class same as the njl there’s loads of youth riders in the south on those bikes

11 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Is it not time to introduce the 125/150 class same as the njl there’s loads of youth riders in the south on those bikes

With respect are there enough 125/150 riders of a sensible level to be split between all the teams and who would be willing/able to do all the travelling for non guaranteed rides. 6 teams means 12-16 riders required, the youth rounds don't back up that there are that many out there willing to compete so its never been officially introduced.

On a personal level i find the NJL format a bit tedious and lacking variety plus despite the drop in standard of the dev leagues the sport needs more riders and opportunities to hone their skills not less.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With respect are there enough 125/150 riders of a sensible level to be split between all the teams and who would be willing/able to do all the travelling for non guaranteed rides. 6 teams means 12-16 riders required, the youth rounds don't back up that there are that many out there willing to compete so its never been officially introduced.

On a personal level i find the NJL format a bit tedious and lacking variety plus despite the drop in standard of the dev leagues the sport needs more riders and opportunities to hone their skills not less.

even if there were . I would not want to see it . the MDL has been devalued enough  with the inclusion of absolute no hopers , lets not make it into Billy smarts circus with cobbled together teams made up of anyone who owns any sort of speedway bike , this year is the death knell of amateur/development racing  ,  so make the most of it

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, adonis said:

even if there were . I would not want to see it . the MDL has been devalued enough  with the inclusion of absolute no hopers , lets not make it into Billy smarts circus with cobbled together teams made up of anyone who owns any sort of speedway bike , this year is the death knell of amateur/development racing  ,  so make the most of it

The worst bit is that no hopers can get points off other no hopers. Of course there will be differences in level but a short time ago the league was made up of NL reserves, almost NL reserves and then riders who were working towards being almost NL reserves. Now its peppered with riders who do not compete in the top tiers of amateur meetings, riders who make 4 laps look difficult and a few who barely get a slide on. This difference in level is dangerous both to riders on track and the credibility of the leagues.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 1:46 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

The worst bit is that no hopers can get points off other no hopers. Of course there will be differences in level but a short time ago the league was made up of NL reserves, almost NL reserves and then riders who were working towards being almost NL reserves. Now its peppered with riders who do not compete in the top tiers of amateur meetings, riders who make 4 laps look difficult and a few who barely get a slide on. This difference in level is dangerous both to riders on track and the credibility of the leagues.

I have not been to a speedway meeting since 2014 so I can't really comment on the current standard of the MDL but as a marker when I ran the league between 2011-13 the standard of the average rider then was between NL reserve and Open (A) class riders from the Scunthorpe amateur meetings.  

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, kelvinlapworth said:

I have not been to a speedway meeting since 2014 so I can't really comment on the current standard of the MDL but as a marker when I ran the league between 2011-13 the standard of the average rider then was between NL reserve and Open (A) class riders from the Scunthorpe amateur meetings.  

Sadly Kelvin if you pop along to some of the meetings you will be in for a nasty shock. I agree that is roughly the area riders should be at before moving into the M/SDL however there are plenty who ride in the inter / support class who compete. 

Sadly with the decline in number of amateur meetings being held around the country more and more riders are turning to the dev leagues  as ways of getting additional track time (plus the benefit that there is no entry fee). Unfortunately whilst this slide continues it belittles the good work and name of the organisers and genuine riders competing who are capable and continue to get tarred with the wobblers brush.