British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Monday 23rd July 2018

So Poole are doing their best to assist the Stars by promoting this meeting's preview on the Poole website already.

Both teams feature their new signings - Garrity for the Stars and Harris for the Pirates

Should be a close one.

Harris wins the meet for the Pirates

Headline... ‘Poole get Lynn by the Harris’

Edited by semion

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So Poole are doing their best to assist the Stars by promoting this meeting's preview on the Poole website already.

Both teams feature their new signings - Garrity for the Stars and Harris for the Pirates

Should be a close one.

We need 3 points nuff said.

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

We need 3 points nuff said.

We need 3 points, nuff said :wink:

Was up for this one, but it's the wifes' birthday on the 22nd, and it would of been family meal out night...… But my Daughter has a 12 hour shift Sunday, so Monday is meal time. I said i'll treat them all to one of Busters burgers and some drinks, but none of them like speedway :(

On to the meeting.. With both teams needing the points, it should be a cracker.. Very close one imho...Pity it wasn't on the box.

• Like 1

i think kings lynn should win this look stronger than poole but then they are at home :D

S/R (spectator replacement) for me on Monday. Should be back on the terraces on Wednesday. 

Will be keeping a close eye on this. A must win match for both teams to keep play off hopes alive. Everything will be crossed for a stars win. I'll take any sort of win as this could be close. Harris certainly makes Poole a bit stronger, but with the Stars back to a full side we should have enough in the tank for the win.

11 hours ago, semion said:

Harris wins the meet for the Pirates

Headline... ‘Poole get Lynn by the Harris’

This could easily be the scenario which turns out to be an accurate prediction.

Dale Allitt needs to drum into the Stars riders heads that defeat is no longer an option. 

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Prefer 4!

Don't be bloody greedy :wink:

• Like 1

As is the case with Poole,  you never know who will be riding for them.   With all their team changes of late,  their remaining riders will be trying hard to justify their place.  The inclusion of Harris will make them stronger,  but Sandstrom  was no slouch round AFA and would have scored decent points as well, so in my reckoning the inclusion of Harris will only make a few points better off.   I have always thought Poole are weak at  the top end and will therefore rely heavily on Klindt at reserve.    He goes well at Lynn but will find it a lot harder than he did at Leicester last week..  

I cant see them getting much from this fixture. I see  the Stars winning comfortably with Poole being happy to go home with a point at best.....    

Klindt needs to be roughed up on the first turn every time as he is a completely different rider without fresh air in front of him. 

• Like 3

Spot on Baggy. Remember Adam Allot ? Klindt is the same type of rider. 3  or 0

• Like 1

After the second bend, first lap, most of them are when not in front. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" springs to mind.