British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Monday 23rd July 2018

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

same as Scotty fan carries that Dark cloud around with him.. :nono:

Wish He would bring it my way.....My grass is almost brown :D

• Haha 1

Personally I just want our boys to win these meetings for the points to climb the table, we want to be in those play offs don’t we??   If we get a good race or two along the way all well and good but if they’re all FTG for our guys so be it :)  YEP win at the cost of great racing for me ;)

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Steve dont worry about it. He likes a moan clearly not happy unless he's moaning about something., same as Scotty fan carries that Dark cloud around with him.. :nono:

Sorry forgot your the only one who's opinion counts onward and upward :nono:

1 hour ago, semion said:

Wish He would bring it my way.....My grass is almost brown :D

Tell me about it :D business not booming at the moment!

Whatever Poole's shortcomings I think Lynn deserve credit for battling away under pressure and having the character to dig in for the win. Team spirit and fitness were part of the marginal gains approach before the season began, perhaps they played a part in nicking the win last night.

Two more wins over the next week and we'll be sitting pretty.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Heat 6, 9 and 15 were the only genuine races. Some would have enjoyed the 5-1 in heat 13 but Kurtz was easy pickings, not really a race was it. Every other races were done by lap 1 then strung out. Not denying that others found it entertaining purely because the score was close. The racing (Harris & R.Lambert apart) was nothing short of abysmal.

That IS exactly how it was and nine or ten tapes to flag heats makes a borefest. Winning the points with TTF is pointless and will not attract a new generation of fans. Which is what UK speedway needs if it is to survive. 1,200 were there max. and could have been less than 1,000 - NOT enough to survive and thrive.

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why? Who is beating us on their track by any margin? A team will need an 8-10 point lead and who has done that to us recently?

Things are looking very good imo. We will reach the playoffs. We are picking up points on the road in virtually every meeting, unlike other clubs. Harris rides Poole well and we should now be solid at home.  Another three points on Wednesday then back to Leicester on Monday where we won just a couple of weeks ago, so the team will be prepared with setups.

I am confident we will be right in the mix by the playoffs.

Poole’s 2018 record of (including the Rye House matches and Somerset KO Cup Matches) 

Won 5 Drew 1(at home) Lost 13 is not playoff form or title winning form!! It is however, wooden spoon winning form.

11 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Poole’s 2018 record of (including the Rye House matches and Somerset KO Cup Matches) 

Won 5 Drew 1(at home) Lost 13 is not playoff form or title winning form!! It is however, wooden spoon winning form.

Its not current form!

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its not current form!

If you take current form as over their last 6 meetings, it’s still not title winning form:-

Won 3 Lost 3.

At this stage, it is all about getting into the top 4 and into the Play Offs.

Once that begins, anything can happen.

• Like 1

Racing was close just no passing. Swindon on the other hand. That’s what I cool poor entertainment. Halfway through that and it’s pretty terrible.

what really matters is we won. It’s a sport. I really enjoyed the story of the meeting too. But winning is what matters. It should be entertaining and it was entertaining. Just not a lot of passing. If we lost this meeting I would say our season would have been over. But a win has kept the momentum going. It’s exciting

• Like 1

While not a classic I thought it was a good meeting and am surprised at all the negative comments looking back though my program from memory there was passing after the first bend in heats 4,6,7,9,13,14 and 15 plus a couple of heats had close racing without an overtake IE heat 3 add in a close score all match with a home win in the last heat and Jasons acrobatics I went home certainly happy that I had my monies worth of entertainment for the evening and will be back tomorrow night.

• Like 5