British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Monday 23rd July 2018

On 7/20/2018 at 10:00 AM, Bagpuss said:

Did he not get an enormous score for Leicester a couple of years ago from reserve?

Nope, that was the 9 from 7. 3 heat wins then 4 zero's

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2018 at 7:42 AM, Sidney the robin said:

A very important meeting this for both clubs Kings Lynn coming off that brilliant away win to win this i believe.Poole I think have to win this meeting to have any chance of getting a top four place.For the Stars Proctor at reserve is a bonus and i  have noticed Jorgensen has hit a bit of form lately he is important Klindt for Poole is key as well if the track is grippy even if he gates he can be picked off.

Think Garrity is at reserve.

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Think Garrity is at reserve.

Just wish we knew. All will be revealed sometime tomorrow no doubt.

S.Lambert and Garrity at reserve as they have the lowest 2 averages for the Stars.

For Poole, Bomber is at 5 and needs to score decent points in each of his races as that was what Linus was doing mostly, albeit 1point or 1+1.

From kingslynnstars.co

KING’S LYNN boss Dale Allitt is warning his riders to expect a tough test against a new-look Poole side at the Adrian Flux Arena on Monday (7.30).

In a rare Monday night outing on home shale – the meeting is not on TV – the club are looking to catch up with their fixture backlog.

And Allitt knows the size of the task ahead despite his Tru Plant Stars going into the meeting on the back of a great away win over Leicester last week.

He said: “They’re led by Brady Kurtz at No.1 who we all know is a very talented rider and they’ve been made stronger by the recent arrivals of Frederik Jakobsen and Chris Harris – someone who needs no introduction to any British Speedway supporter.

“But they’ve got another key rider down at reserve in Nicolai Klindt who can be so quick away from the starts on his day, and he showed that by scoring 18-points in Poole’s win at Leicester a fortnight ago.

“So we know this won’t be easy, far from it, but we’re just hoping we can carry our momentum over and keep that going for when Swindon arrive here in 48-hours time.

“When you look at the current league table, it’s quite unbelievable how tight things are between all seven remaining clubs. Every single league point is going to be so important between now and the cut-off date and the race for a top four finish looks like it could go right down to the wire.”

Jason Garrity makes his Stars debut after coming in for broken leg victim Lewis Kerr.

Kerr will be at the meeting as special guest at the fanzone before the event to sign autographs and there will also be a collection for him to aid with his medical expenses.
Garrity said: “I’m raring to go for King’s Lynn, I’m delighted to be with a great club like them and I’m looking forward to my debut.”

KING’S LYNN: Niels-Kristian Iversen, Michael Palm Toft, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Robert Lambert, Simon Lambert, Jason Garrity.

POOLE: Brady Kurtz, Josh Grajczonek, Kacper Woryna, Richie Worrall, Chris Harris, Frederik Jakobsen, Nicolai Klindt.

Hope buster can give garrity a bit of track time ahead of this match. He'll need to be dialled in against the pirates reserves. 

11 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Hope buster can give garrity a bit of track time ahead of this match. He'll need to be dialled in against the pirates reserves. 

This is a must win if we want a play off place. I'd have all the team at ready for a 3pm practice on a prepared track.

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

This is a must win if we want a play off place. I'd have all the team at ready for a 3pm practice on a prepared track.

Lynn running scared? If they have any thoughts of making the playoffs a win tomorrow is a must for them. Not quite so for Pirates who should win at Leicester next monday and Swindon in the b fixture.

• Haha 1

Would be daft not to have a practice if it can be done.

Poole meetings are always close affairs and I don't see this one being any different. 

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lynn running scared? If they have any thoughts of making the playoffs a win tomorrow is a must for them. Not quite so for Pirates who should win at Leicester next monday and Swindon in the b fixture.

It's a very tight one Steve, and there's a bit at stake, so if I was the gaffer i'd have them in. That's all ;) 

Buster needs at least 12 hours for the track prep. It's not done in half an hour at KL you know ( except once or twice during the match ). he often tells us that he has not even had time for a break since dawn, so unless he does where can they fit in a practice? As for this what is it called, " win at all costs", this is Norfolk and we are very laid back about winning. And do you have anything to counter The Stars secret weapon - The Stars Anthem? Sung twice before tapes up and once in the interval, that's the Pirates scuppered.

Edited by waytogo28

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Seem to remember Poole doing that,this season too wasn't it?

This match is far more important to Lynn than Poole, after all, if we are to have any chance to be in them PO's we have to win our home meetings.   Poole will come and try to gain unexpected reward,  but for the home team its essential that we will get them 3 points.  Failing to do that will diminish the achievements of our winning at places like Leicester and  Belle Vue and the fine results we have attained on our travels   

We have already suffered an unexpected home defeat against Somerset,   appreciate we were understrength,  so any other result than a convincing win, will be massive to those other teams chasing a top 4 finish.   This is the first of a series of meetings in quick succession, where the Stars can really lay down the gauntlet and show the other teams our intent .  The outcome is in our own hands.  With this level of even competition, never has the P/O been more important.   Once there,  any of the four teams could achieve success.