British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Monday 23rd July 2018

Pleased I went to this meeting. It was kept interesting by the score. Agree that Brady is not a number 1 and did bottle it towards the end. Thought Poole were going to win this with 3 heats to go but full credit to Neil's and Robert. Impressed with Jorgensen and can consider himself unlucky not to be in heat 15. Poole deserved their point .

59 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Poole won’t be in a playoff position if they win on Wednesday....Kings Lynn are at home to Swindon so win and stay 6th lose or draw they’ll be 7th and last....Poole ain’t getting in no playoffs!!

See your still carrying that dark cloud then..

A few years back I travelled to Wimborne Rd  to see an upbeat  Stars beaten on the last lap.    Having lead the whole match, we went into the last heat leading by 2pts , we only needed a draw to win the match,   when  Holder on the last lap  went by Neils and Magic to partner Darcy to a winning 5-1.   I was devastated.  The journey home went on forever.  I've waited a long time to see them roles reversed.  so yes we know how the Poole fans will be feeling.   The rules then never allowed us a point so Poole should be grateful they did receive something from last nights effort.

Not the best of matches but the score kept it interesting..   Both teams will look at riders who could have done better.   Some performed far better than their scores suggest, while other were flattered by there's.     I thought we would have won easier, but as long as we get the 3pts that's all that mattered.  but last night our reserves were weak.   

Poole will find other tracks less accommodating than last night.  Next month Klindt will be less effective when he  moves into the team proper and Harris will not have the open spaces his riding requires.  For them to reach the PO I think there will be some more changes to come...  

woryna form is worrying not kicked on this season unless we can get a rider who can win heat 13/15 title is a little to far for us

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

woryna form is worrying not kicked on this season unless we can get a rider who can win heat 13/15 title is a little to far for us

Why? Who is beating us on their track by any margin? A team will need an 8-10 point lead and who has done that to us recently?

Things are looking very good imo. We will reach the playoffs. We are picking up points on the road in virtually every meeting, unlike other clubs. Harris rides Poole well and we should now be solid at home.  Another three points on Wednesday then back to Leicester on Monday where we won just a couple of weeks ago, so the team will be prepared with setups.

I am confident we will be right in the mix by the playoffs.

• Like 1

Get out of jail card there for Lynn.   Poole have the all round strength.  Their Reserves got them within touching distance of a win, but then when the big guns come into play in 13 & 15 they came up a little short.  That's the way Ford has built the team, its packed rather than built around 2/3 riders.  You pays ya money and takes ya choice.  Trouble is Klint is so hit and miss, and they need him to fire big time in the minor heats.

Happiness is 46-44 ........ or, indeed, any score where Poole lose. :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

Think more than 3 races,at least 4 from my old memory.

Harris on Toft,Lambert on Worrall and Woryna then them passing him back,R.Lambert on Harris,R.Lambert on Jakobsen.

You always seem to be doom and gloom on Lynn a bit like me on Cardiff;).

Heat 6, 9 and 15 were the only genuine races. Some would have enjoyed the 5-1 in heat 13 but Kurtz was easy pickings, not really a race was it. Every other races were done by lap 1 then strung out. Not denying that others found it entertaining purely because the score was close. The racing (Harris & R.Lambert apart) was nothing short of abysmal.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Heat 6, 9 and 15 were the only genuine races. Some would have enjoyed the 5-1 in heat 13 but Kurtz was easy pickings, not really a race was it. Every other races were done by lap 1 then strung out. Not denying that others found it entertaining purely because the score was close. The racing (Harris & R.Lambert apart) was nothing short of abysmal.

Whatever you say Daniel.You are never going to enjoy it at Lynn again are you.You forgot about heat 7 of course when S.Lambert got by both Woryna and Worrall and then got excited and fell to the back again(his words).Ht 14 he was involved again but Klindt then Worrall got through.And although no overtaking in ht 4,didn't you think it was good to see R.Lambert and Harris tussling for the whole 4 laps.

You have fell out with speedway and thats your choice,that is probably why you think it was abysmal last night,when in truth it wasn't as bad as you are making out.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Happiness is 46-44 ........ or, indeed, any score where Poole lose. :)

My thoughts entirely :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Whatever you say Daniel.You are never going to enjoy it at Lynn again are you.You forgot about heat 7 of course when S.Lambert got by both Woryna and Worrall and then got excited and fell to the back again(his words).Ht 14 he was involved again but Klindt then Worrall got through.And although no overtaking in ht 4,didn't you think it was good to see R.Lambert and Harris tussling for the whole 4 laps.

You have fell out with speedway and thats your choice,that is probably why you think it was abysmal last night,when in truth it wasn't as bad as you are making out.

Sorry but it was pretty processional, only kept interesting because of the tight scoreline. 

31 minutes ago, therefused said:

Sorry but it was pretty processional, only kept interesting because of the tight scoreline. 

Just saying about there were at least 4 good races+the Lambert/Harris race.I'm afraid there is no meeting that will have 8-10 good races in it,bar the odd one or two.

I have seen worse meetings than last night ,but it was pretty average. Stars were lucky to sneak a win. Thought that apart from R Lambert and T Jorgensen everyone else were poor. 

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why? Who is beating us on their track by any margin? A team will need an 8-10 point lead and who has done that to us recently?

Things are looking very good imo. We will reach the playoffs. We are picking up points on the road in virtually every meeting, unlike other clubs. Harris rides Poole well and we should now be solid at home.  Another three points on Wednesday then back to Leicester on Monday where we won just a couple of weeks ago, so the team will be prepared with setups.

Steve dont worry about it. He likes a moan clearly not happy unless he's moaning about something., same as Scotty fan carries that Dark cloud around with him.. :nono:

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think taking a point before the meeting would have been good for Poole, but to see how dominant they were and then lose, it was more 3 points lost than 1 point gained. 

• Like 1