British Speedway Forum
Argos

Birmingham Statement

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I accept all of what you say but the cock up with Trevor Harding's average and that night of 'engine failures' at Lynn are as bad as anything we've ever experienced at the Norfolk Arena. 

I'm certainly not interested in hanging Mr Rogers out to dry or abusing him but the facts over the years speak for themselves and how many clubs he has been at in that time.

To turn the argument around, you'd think that a reputation as an utter incompetent would become common knowledge and the person concerned would never get another post anywhere, wouldn't you ? 

This is what Peter Mole had to say in the Sheffield programme on Thursday :

'I must express my thanks to Laurence Rogers for stepping in on both occasions (as team manager  at Sheffield's meetings at Peterborough and Lakeside) and doing an excellent job.....and his decisions and motivation of the boys was spot on'.

Contrasts rather starkly with some of the comments we have, doesn't it ?

2 hours ago, Devilman said:

In response to Halifax Tiger I will not comment on my predecessors or successors  but were it not for the group that I worked with Plymouth Devils would have folded two years ago. One does not come out of administration smelling of roses with a pot of money at the end of a rainbow.

Your comment reeks of saving the skin of your mate by throwing mud at everyone who has the courage to air their thoughts. There is so much more detail I could add but I think it is unnecessary, he is quite capable of hanging himself.  A real mate would be taking him aside and helping him to avoid these monumental calamities.

Courage to air their thoughts' ? You mean stick the boot in on a public forum after someone else had raised the matter hiding behind a pseudonym. Very brave, that. 

On the other hand, I have chosen to stand up for someone I count as a friend because I believe that he is being harshly and vindictively treated. I have done so alone and in the face of every other comment on this thread. 

I'll let others decide which of us have shown the 'courage' here.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Fair enough....'clown' was a bit generous and as for 'liar' ? when I see Gary Flints permit I'll apologize ?

That might be your view. I merely suggested that if you do use words like that you are asking for a ban. Merely being critical is usually enough to get you thrown off.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Guest GiveusaB
2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

That might be your view. I merely suggested that if you do use words like that you are asking for a ban. Merely being critical is usually enough to get you thrown off.

I'd agree with you if I was criticizing a 'poster' ? but I'm criticizing the subject matter ? which, imo, is totally different !

Changing the subject .... hoping Halifax make a return !

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

To turn the argument around, you'd think that a reputation as an utter incompetent would become common knowledge and the person concerned would never get another post anywhere, wouldn't you ? 

'I must express my thanks to Laurence Rogers for stepping in on both occasions (as team manager  at Sheffield's meetings at Peterborough and Lakeside) and doing an excellent job.....and his decisions and motivation of the boys was spot on'.

I think you know that I trust and respect your judgement above pretty much any other on this forum. I remember that first fans forum in 2004 when Mr Rogers first addressed the Lynn faithful, he came across extremely well and left a great impression. I'm sure standing in here and there he is an excellent man to have around due to his positivity but I'm not sure how the Flint episode amongst others can be justified defended. Perhaps it is an absolute desperation to succeed in his roles at clubs.

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Courage to air their thoughts' ? You mean stick the boot in on a public forum after someone else had raised the matter hiding behind a pseudonym. Very brave, that. 

On the other hand, I have chosen to stand up for someone I count as a friend because I believe that he is being harshly and vindictively treated. I have done so alone and in the face of every other comment on this thread. 

I'll let others decide which of us have shown the 'courage' here.

I have done so alone and in the face of every other comment on this thread.    doesn't that speak volumes . ? it should .  you are swimming against the tide .and so is Laurence Rogers . it's taken a long while but the cat is well and truly out of the bag now , and that in my opinion  is a good thing for speedway  and B.ham speedway especially 

• Like 1