British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Glasgow 22.7.18 5.00pm

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

I'll pay you in to the next Berwick Glasgow match seeing as you seem to be a deserving case and you can stand in amongst the Glasgow fans and enjoy the banter 

And I`ll buy a gum shield....and a programme.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

I'll pay you in to the next Berwick Glasgow match seeing as you seem to be a deserving case and you can stand in amongst the Glasgow fans and enjoy the banter 

thanks very much iwill be therebehind the lads mmmmmmm tasty lollol

3 minutes ago, concessionscol said:

thanks very much iwill be therebehind the lads mmmmmmm tasty lollol

And you can`t back out, now you have made it public.:t:

52 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

You won't have to pay anything for him as under-12's go free

Edited by BigBoaby
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

You won't have to pay much for him, think its a reduced rate for the under-12's

At Berwick its free.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

At Berwick its free.

Even better.  SharpenRake won't be out of pocket then  B) 

• Like 1

Great meeting, massive away support, just losing out on the last corner of ht15. We were looking out of it until the Cook TS/Harris 5-1 in ht 9. Unfortunately Vissing lifted at the gate in all but his first ride impeding himself and Pickering rode beyond all expectations as a guest. Hopefully this kick starts our push for a play off place, it cant wait any longer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GWC said:

Pickering as a guest not r/r ?

Good point. Arriving late I never questioned it. I've given up on keeping up to date on the alleged rulebook but thought guests could only be for a No1 unless two riders in the same team were injured?

1 minute ago, MD said:

Good point. Arriving late I never questioned it. I've given up on keeping up to date on the alleged rulebook but thought guests could only be for a No1 unless two riders in the same team were injured?

Thanks MD, that’s my question Fizzie?

6 minutes ago, MD said:

Guest allowed for top 3 in averages this year

Cracking meeting. Scunny just shading a tight battle. Speedway isn't always the best spectacle in blisteringly hot weather, however, this meeting proved that theory wrong. The inevitable dust didn't spoil the proceedings too much. After a bit of a slow start, the meeting simply got better and better. Heat 15 was something special, Auty, Garrity and Harris giving it their all... True Grit!

Cookie was awesome after his first outing.. was wondering if his exploits in Cardiff had taken its toll but thankfully that wasn't the case. The Bomber and Cookie partnership looks like it will crucial to Glasgows push for the play-offs. Being able to pair them in three heats is frightening for the rest of us. They team rode brilliantly today (albeit ht15...but that was special race). Glasgow guys were consistently fast out the gate, The Scorpions had to dig deep to achieve the win.  Some of starts were a tad questionable though imho.

For the Scorpions, a great guest performance from Josh Pickering.. Stevie Worrall continues his comeback trail, a few more meetings and he'll be right back in the groove... Garrity and Auty put in solid performances...  but the match winning performance for me was Gino Manzares. Looking a bit out of sorts in recent weeks, his first three rides only produced a solitary point but then crucial second places in heat 12 and 14 proved so important... Onwards and upwards Gino.

The second half British Youth Championship deserves a mention too... those that stayed to the end would have witnessed a fantastic Youth 500 Final... Take a bow the Thompson Twins and Leon Flint..  Superb race to end the day. Dan Thompson getting the verdict from the fast charging Flint... Could've thrown a blanket over all three of them, great stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GWC said:

Thanks MD, that’s my question Fizzie?

Nielsen is 3rd in averages behind Worrall and Auty and you can use a guest for any of your top 3 no rules broken