British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Glasgow 22.7.18 5.00pm

Are really really top speedway meeting yesterday,in what i think was the hottest temp ive ever watched a meeting

fair play to Glasgow for having a proper go,Cook was outstanding

How the hell does Josh Pickering have an average of under 5,what a racer he is

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, montie said:

Are really really top speedway meeting yesterday,in what i think was the hottest temp ive ever watched a meeting

fair play to Glasgow for having a proper go,Cook was outstanding

How the hell does Josh Pickering have an average of under 5,what a racer he is

Rides at the wrong home track for his riding style. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MD said:

Rides at the wrong home track for his riding style. 

Ha ha... Have you got your tin hat on..... 

5 minutes ago, montie said:

Ha ha... Have you got your tin hat on..... 

Think what MD is saying is Edinburgh is a small technical track and his riding style would be better suited were he keeps the throttle full on.

But he will become a far better rider riding Armadale weekly as it hones his skills.

Calmed down now after the initisl disappointment . Probably the best meeting i've seen all season , when the Scunthorpe track is like that there isnt many better tracks in the country . I feared the worst when Cook pulled up in heat 1 , after his Cardiff crash , but he was magnificent afterwards , Scunny were more solid throughout and probably just deserved to edge it . Wonderful large and noisy away support bolstered by my friends from Plymouth. Brilliant work by the track staff to keep the dust down on a scorching hot day and i must say , the steak pies at the food outlet are superb . 

• Like 6

I couldn't make Scunny on Sunday but when I was there last year a group of local fans told me that they accepted that the EWR didn't give any home team advantage but that they tolerated that because they watched great racing and close matches almost every time. I imagine they enjoyed this Glasgow match.

Just one point for the Tigers is a bit disappointing but I suppose it is a start in our final thrust for a play off place. At least we didn't throw away a lead this time!

We badly need a big away win next week at Berwick.

45 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Calmed down now after the initisl disappointment . Probably the best meeting i've seen all season , when the Scunthorpe track is like that there isnt many better tracks in the country . I feared the worst when Cook pulled up in heat 1 , after his Cardiff crash , but he was magnificent afterwards , Scunny were more solid throughout and probably just deserved to edge it . Wonderful large and noisy away support bolstered by my friends from Plymouth. Brilliant work by the track staff to keep the dust down on a scorching hot day and i must say , the steak pies at the food outlet are superb . 

This ^^, riders battling the heat as well as the opposition, also met up with ex-Hull Viking Bobby Beaton.  Didn't try the pies but I'm assured they are very palatable....

22 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

This ^^, riders battling the heat as well as the opposition, also met up with ex-Hull Viking Bobby Beaton.  Didn't try the pies but I'm assured they are very palatable....

Aye Bobby was driving our coach 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, scaramanga said:

great advert from a brown nosed so called supporter asking people not to turn up and add funds to his/her club

please everyone take ironscorpions advise and help there club towards a big big loss on this meeting 

Glad people did not take your advice because they would have missed a top notch meeting & the juniors later. Just see what other posters felt.

18 hours ago, Albert said:

The second half British Youth Championship deserves a mention too... those that stayed to the end would have witnessed a fantastic Youth 500 Final... Take a bow the Thompson Twins and Leon Flint..  Superb race to end the day. Dan Thompson getting the verdict from the fast charging Flint... Could've thrown a blanket over all three of them, great stuff.

Some good close racing (and some not so close) but surely whoever runs the championship (Great Britain Speedway?) could have made the effort in presenting it as if it meant something. It was run more like an amateur meeting instead of what should be a showcase for the future of British speedway. It just looked as if the people running British speedway didn't care.

One thing about the racing is that yes there were some excellent races but there were also at times two separate races going on in the same race. Surely there should be some criteria set for ability as being lapped isn't going to help either the person lapping of worse the person being lapped.

The racing was top drawer as always ,track was hard to keep the dust down due to the heat and as for Glasgows  following absolutely fantastic and loud.As for Glasgow Chris Harris did well  but the Cookie Monster wild smash this league up also great banter between both sets of supporters  and a proper meeting with a heat 15 decider 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should point out that circumstances meant myself & the 2 passengers I brought had to leave after main match.  We expected the car park to be empty but only few cars had left, so the majority stayed to take in the junior 250 / 500 event....

What a terrific meeting this was with a huge crowd.  A draw would’ve been a fair result. Heat 15 was a classic flat out race

We stopped off to support Josh (Pickering) and it was a bonus that Cookie made his debut. Neither one let us down and we went home very happy 

I think folks might see a rejuvenated Bomber with Craig in the team...... 

• Like 2

A

Edited by MD