British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Scandinavian GP Malilla Saturday August 11th

Ljung as a wild card is a complete joke. Berntzon would have been the obvious choice since he so far is having a good season, especially
at his hometrack in Målilla. Ljung haven't shown anything that warrants a wild card. IMO it's really boring when old has-beens like Jonsson
and Ljung are given the wild card.

• Like 3

Like Ghostwalker has said why are wildcards given to ex-GP riders?? Surely the place would be better given to the hosting countries top under 21 rider or next buzzing youngster so that way keeping an eye on the future and the next potential talent that could be in the series proper

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Richspeedway said:

Like Ghostwalker has said why are wildcards given to ex-GP riders??

AC/DC explains it well.... Money Talks. BSI want to have riders that they think will attract more people to the race.

24 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BUT the wild card was chosen by SVEMO ...

Quoting from Article 3.5 of the Speedway GP regulations...

In each SGP Meeting, 1 Wild Card Rider will be nominated to take part.
All FMNs may propose riders. Proposals must be made in writing to the FIM not later than 1 month prior to the meeting.
The SGP Commission will make the final approval and nominations.

But I'm sure you already know this. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It is the same with the SGP Challenge. For tonights meetign at Landshut, the German DMSB had wanted and even promised to give the local wildcard to Kai Huckenbeck, only to be overruled by the SGP commission, who refused Huckenbeck and gave the Wildcard to Martin Smolinski instead. There are a lot of people unhappy about this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Quoting from Article 3.5 of the Speedway GP regulations...

In each SGP Meeting, 1 Wild Card Rider will be nominated to take part.
All FMNs may propose riders. Proposals must be made in writing to the FIM not later than 1 month prior to the meeting.
The SGP Commission will make the final approval and nominations.

But I'm sure you already know this. :rolleyes:

AS I said, SVEMO chose Ljung which I am sure you already know. The SGP Commission simply rubber stamp it. Which I am also sure you already know. Is pedantic your middle name?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AS I said, SVEMO chose Ljung which I am sure you already know. The SGP Commission simply rubber stamp it. Which I am also sure you already know. Is pedantic your middle name?

You know as well as I do that they don’t have to rubber stamp a local nomination, and as Bavarian as just pointed out, have done otherwise in the past.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

You know as well as I do that they don’t have to rubber stamp a local nomination, and as Bavarian as just pointed out, have done otherwise in the past.

WHAT has the GP Challenge got to do with it? It was suggested that BSI wanted Ljung in Malilla. He was chosen by SVEMO and why would anyone think, with respect, that Ljung would put people on the gate? Theoretically the SGP Commmission don't have to rubber stamp a FMN nomination but if you know of any occasions that they did not please let me know.

IMO Ljung showed some good meetings this summer. Let him race tomorrow and give your verdict after the GP.

Furthermore in Sweden and Denmark seems to be a shortage of promising young talent. Look at the top 3 from the Landshut challenge. ......

3 hours ago, Navigator1900 said:

IMO Ljung showed some good meetings this summer. Let him race tomorrow and give your verdict after the GP.

So has Berntzon  and Berntzon (2nd) was ahead of Ljung (3rd) last Saturday in the Swedish CH final. My opinion is that wild card should be given to up
and coming riders and not riders like Ljung who have passed zenit already, especially when the younger rider is having a good season like Berntzon is having.

So respect your opinion, in the swedish final Berntzon and Ljung were about level ... anyway your opinion about the lack of up and coming swedish riders compared to the UK. I‘m positively surprised that they have not only Lambert, but also Dan Bewley making a good impression. Which swedish world class rider after Lindgren and Lindbäck will show up?

Best regards from neutral Switzerland.