British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Scandinavian GP Malilla Saturday August 11th

Never write him off.

The last half dozen heats were really good.

8 hours ago, Pinny said:

Fancy Pedersen for this one , usually goes well at Malilla does he not?

Fantastic shout, hope you lumped on.

Not a NP fan, but showed what it meant to him . Well done. No fault in the Woofy clash.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

Looks like zagar and Pedersen saving the bubbly. Last time they were together they were throwing punches at each other!

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Looks like zagar and Pedersen saving the bubbly. Last time they were together they were throwing punches at each other!

Was thinking similar, that had to be the most disjointed podium trio of recent years, Zagar just wanted it over with I think.

That was more than enjoyable. Never thought the meeting would go ahead when the first TV pictures were shown, what a job the track staff did to get that on.

Pedersen was inspired, fully deserved for how much he gives to the sport, whatever personal opinions he attracts.

• Like 3

Not seen a GP for quite awhile. Seemed to me just right that Nikki - my kind of rider - should bring some fire into the meeting 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

No chance ! imo..........

;)

1 hour ago, nw42 said:

Fantastic shout, hope you lumped on.

Cheeky $100 at 17/1 , would of been rude not to!!!! Had that feeling.

• Thanks 1

Well done Pinny, you got that call Pederson to win dead right.

However they managed to turn that track into a race circuit I don't know, but however they did it British track curators need to take note.

As for the racing, obviously early to mid races were a bit predictable, but towards the end some fantastic racing given to us. Like others I not too keen on the moves that particularly NP and Freddie do, but tonights moves by them were just about ok IMO. Certainly TW was winging about something which was ok. Interesting how the 2 top Poles crumbled in the semis, they could easily have been 1-2-3.  Well done Zagar, just wish he could be consistently good, he has a good style and he is clean.

Roll on the next meetings, it will take some to catch TW but sure is a lot of interest in positions 2-10. Unless things change Artum, Greg and Emils places are looking dodgy.

• Like 1

turned out to be a good meeting surprise winner in nicki but well done .  doyle looks a shadow of himself this year may have to rely on a wild card next year ?

Edited by ray c

I was thinking about the 2019 wildcard situation this morning. 3 riders minimum will have to go and within the context of the GP field we wouldn’t miss Cook and Pawlicki- however that still leaves one other which will be a difficult decision.

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I was thinking about the 2019 wildcard situation this morning. 3 riders minimum will have to go and within the context of the GP field we wouldn’t miss Cook and Pawlicki- however that still leaves one other which will be a difficult decision.

FRICKE for Holder must be on the cards

• Like 2