British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Scandinavian GP Malilla Saturday August 11th

7 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ZAGAR maybe, Vaculik probably not. Whether we like it not, nationality will always play a part. If Greg doesn't qualify I doubt personally that he would expect or want a wild card. Lambert will be in the frame. If NP remains as competitive as he was on Saturday but doesn't manage the top eight will he get one? The series needs new blood but also requires Danes and Swedes.

I'm sure monster will have a say:wink:

Guest GiveusaB
19 hours ago, Pinny said:

;)

Fair play to you pal......you called it !

I need a drink of whatever you're having :D

Well done.....great shout!

9 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ZAGAR maybe, Vaculik probably not. Whether we like it not, nationality will always play a part. If Greg doesn't qualify I doubt personally that he would
expect or want a wild card. Lambert will be in the frame. If NP remains as competitive as he was on Saturday but doesn't manage the top eight will he
get one? The series needs new blood but also requires Danes and Swedes.

Lindbäck already qualified and I think Lindgren is pretty safe for top 8 unless injury which is the Swedes sorted. For Denmark, we have a qualified rider in Iversen.
As for Nicki, I'd think that he would be considered for a wild card if he finishes 9th but not if he finishes 10th or worse. It depends on how much FIM/BSI
feel that they need two danes. I personally hope that Nicki finished top 8 but I don't think he will.

Both Nicki and Greg received wild cards for this season and I am not fond of giving out wild cards to the same riders two years in a row.

3 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Lindbäck already qualified and I think Lindgren is pretty safe for top 8 unless injury which is the Swedes sorted. For Denmark, we have a qualified rider in Iversen.
As for Nicki, I'd think that he would be considered for a wild card if he finishes 9th but not if he finishes 10th or worse. It depends on how much FIM/BSI
feel that they need two danes. I personally hope that Nicki finished top 8 but I don't think he will.

Both Nicki and Greg received wild cards for this season and I am not fond of giving out wild cards to the same riders two years in a row.

Although I agree in principle that a wild card shouldn't be awarded to the same rider two years in a row,there is a big difference between Greg and Nicki,Firstly,Nicki is a GP winner this season and that should count for a bit.Secondly and possibly more importanty Nicki has major popularity in Denmark.No other Danish rider comes near him and basically Greg has very little importance,especially in his homeland. So I could imagine Nicki is in line for a wc if he fails to make it.Iversen will probably be a flop yet again and a not too popular flop at that,so Denmark and BSI need Nicki

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Although I agree in principle that a wild card shouldn't be awarded to the same rider two years in a row,there is a big difference between Greg and Nicki,Firstly,Nicki is a GP winner this season and that should count for a bit.Secondly and possibly more importanty Nicki has major popularity in Denmark.No other Danish rider comes near him and basically Greg has very little importance,especially in his homeland. So I could imagine Nicki is in line for a wc if he fails to make it.Iversen will probably be a flop yet again and a not too popular flop at that,so Denmark and BSI need Nicki

I definitely think that the circumstances have to be taken into account, and I agree with your views on Pedersen.

The problem is that we see so many ridiculous posts on here!  Wasn't it only a few weeks ago that people were saying that Pedersen and Hancock should "retire with dignity" (or words to that effect).  Are the pair "past their best"?  Of course they are.  BUT, while they do not perform with the same consistency as they did a few years ago, they have proven that they can still compete at the highest level.

As far as the "circumstances" I mentioned above...  Let's just say that both Nicki and Greg get injured before the end of the GP season, and both fail to make the Top Eight.  While we would never KNOW what MIGHT have happened, it is fair to say that without injury, both would have qualified for next year!  Even if they finished outside the Top Ten, I think there would be a strong case for both to receive a Wild Card.  Again, this is just to illustrate that the circumstances can make a difference...  Thing is, nobody can deny that, even though they are not at their peak, both Pedersen and Hancock add to the SGP.  Unfortunately, that cannot always be said about others who have qualified for the series by right, although if they are there on merit, good luck to them!

Steve

12 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

FRICKE for Holder must be on the cards

No. I don’t believe Fricke is anywhere near GP quality. Much better options out there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Iversen is slowly getting there and i believe he can still be a top eight rider he still wants it and can still mix it at the top level.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. I don’t believe Fricke is anywhere near GP quality. Much better options out there. 

Who?        do you just go on Wimborne Rd appearances? you must do he is knocking on the door now with Lambert and Jack Holder is another who is not far behind.Holder and Fricke are quite a way in front of Kurtz now and if Fricke can get consistently he will make the series the ability is there for all of us ( except you) to see.

I would put Milik, Jack Holder and Lambert before Fricke. I could well be wrong but don’t think Fricke is going to make the big step up. Guess we will know in the next few years.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:21 AM, BluPanther said:

It's time these pit crew thugs started getting bans for their attacks/attempted attacks on riders...

thugs?....ffs petal there was little more than words thrown at each other, the only person who "may" of been out of order was Huffy, Huffy, Huffy who tried to flick his back wheel at Pedersen...

Talk about being a 2018 drama queen!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I agree. He has yet to develop a ruthless streak and you cannot hack it in the GP without that.

Am I alone in thinking that Zmarzlik is a throttle jockey and isn't really in control of his bike? I agree that he is very fast and has a lot of bravery in riding high and wide, but I'm not sure he has the all round skill levels that the commentators were on about.

He gives the impression of having an 'on/off' or 'stop/go' switch rather than throttle control. 

16 minutes ago, woofers said:

Am I alone in thinking that Zmarzlik is a throttle jockey and isn't really in control of his bike? I agree that he is very fast and has a lot of bravery in riding high and wide, but I'm not sure he has the all round skill levels that the commentators were on about.

He gives the impression of having an 'on/off' or 'stop/go' switch rather than throttle control. 

I think Zmarzlik's brilliant, easily the most exciting rider in the series. Although he does tend to get himself in a muddle when he misses the start, as was the case on Saturday..He goes too fast for his brain to keep up!

He's like a young Zenon Plech who seemed to be out of control most of the time in his early years, but he calmed down (a bit) as I'm sure the Bart-man will.