British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Scandinavian GP Malilla Saturday August 11th

10 minutes ago, Terry said:

I think Zmarzlik's brilliant, easily the most exciting rider in the series. Although he does tend to get himself in a muddle when he misses the start, as was the case on Saturday..He goes too fast for his brain to keep up!

He's like a young Zenon Plech who seemed to be out of control most of the time in his early years, but he calmed down (a bit) as I'm sure the Bart-man will.

I would rather watch him than the likes of Hancock, Dudek, Todd Wiltshire etc who are/were just start tarts!

The young lad reminds me of Gollob, fast, exciting and entertaining.....just what the sport needs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

thugs?....ffs petal there was little more than words thrown at each other, the only person who "may" of been out of order was Huffy, Huffy, Huffy who tried to flick his back wheel at Pedersen...

Talk about being a 2018 drama queen!

If you believe any pit crew have the right to get physically involved with other riders, i would suggest you rethink your perception of right and wrong. It has no place in speedway and would be severely punished in other sports. Maybe you should stick with WWF  :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

If you believe any pit crew have the right to get physically involved with other riders, i would suggest you rethink your perception of right and wrong. It has no place in speedway and would be severely punished in other sports. Maybe you should stick with WWF  :rolleyes:

as this is in Saturdays GP you must be referring to the Pedersen/Woffy incident, if you honestly think that riders or their crew get bans for that then then the games gone.

I dread to think what the pc brigade thought of Boyce lumping Gollob ...I bet most of them were on gardening leave for weeks after that!

17 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Lindbäck already qualified and I think Lindgren is pretty safe for top 8 unless injury which is the Swedes sorted. For Denmark, we have a qualified rider in Iversen.
As for Nicki, I'd think that he would be considered for a wild card if he finishes 9th but not if he finishes 10th or worse. It depends on how much FIM/BSI
feel that they need two danes. I personally hope that Nicki finished top 8 but I don't think he will.

Both Nicki and Greg received wild cards for this season and I am not fond of giving out wild cards to the same riders two years in a row.

I think it will be 3 in/3 out, unless there is a voluntary withdrawal in which case BSI will be tempted to invite Lambert. Along with Pawlicki and Cook, I think that Holder is likely to make up the three departures.

18 minutes ago, Odds On said:

I dread to think what the pc brigade thought of Boyce lumping Gollob

Not one for cliches then, Odds On....

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

as this is in Saturdays GP you must be referring to the Pedersen/Woffy incident, if you honestly think that riders or their crew get bans for that then then the games gone.

I dread to think what the pc brigade thought of Boyce lumping Gollob ...I bet most of them were on gardening leave for weeks after that!

No, there have been quite a few incidents with aggressive pit crews, eg Sayfutdinov, Holder, Masters to just three. If riders want some handbags, then let them get on with it, but third parties have no right to get involved. Do that in any other sport and you are in hot water, and rightly so. An idiot pumped up on steroids is never going to make a wise decision is he ... 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

An idiot pumped up on steroids is never going to make a wise decision is he ... 

generalisation or fact in regards to Saturdays so called physical situation?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

I think it will be 3 in/3 out, unless there is a voluntary withdrawal in which case BSI will be tempted to invite Lambert. Along with Pawlicki and Cook, I think that Holder is likely to make up the three departures.

Cook  you must be joking,there are  a more deserving than him he has been woeful in the GPs this season.Gating tart got him 4 th in challenge. Very  interesting who will get the picks though .

Edited by Fromafar

On 11 August 2018 at 9:31 PM, Mark said:

Pro dive by Bartosz

Definately a jump off. IMO , Freddie and NP putting themselves about but that's GP racing.Woffy should have seen that move from Niki coming.

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Cook  you must be joking,there are  a more deserving than him he has been woeful in the GPs this season.Gating tart got him 4 th in challenge.
Very  interesting who will get the picks though .

I think you misread his post. What Al said was that Cook together with Pawlicki and Holder would be the three riders from this season that
would not ride in next years Speedway GP season.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

I think you misread his post. What Al said was that Cook together with Pawlicki and Holder would be the three riders from this season that
would not ride in next years Speedway GP season.

Thanks your are right .

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Apologies misread your post

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Lindbäck already qualified and I think Lindgren is pretty safe for top 8 unless injury which is the Swedes sorted. For Denmark, we have a qualified rider in Iversen.
As for Nicki, I'd think that he would be considered for a wild card if he finishes 9th but not if he finishes 10th or worse. It depends on how much FIM/BSI
feel that they need two danes. I personally hope that Nicki finished top 8 but I don't think he will.

Both Nicki and Greg received wild cards for this season and I am not fond of giving out wild cards to the same riders two years in a row.

Pedersen puts bums on seats.  I think he'll get top 8 with Laguta and hopefully Hancock dropping away.

If it stays as is surely 9-11 get a wildcard. Bottom 3 drop out. And then between holder and Lambert, at a stretch Fric ke or Milik, for the final wc. I'd say Holder most likely, but wouldn't be surprised by Lambert.

Like others I can see Laguta dropping out of top 8, but surely deserves a wildcard if it happens.

Hampel, Drabik, baby Pawlicki all unlucky in that if they were not Polish they would be right in the mix for a wildcard.

23 hours ago, woofers said:

Am I alone in thinking that Zmarzlik is a throttle jockey and isn't really in control of his bike? I agree that he is very fast and has a lot of bravery in riding high and wide, but I'm not sure he has the all round skill levels that the commentators were on about.

He gives the impression of having an 'on/off' or 'stop/go' switch rather than throttle control. 

Don't think Zmarzlik is  a throttle jockey and he is entertaining,pay money to watch riders like him giving 100%.My definition of a throttle jockey is Jason Garrity and that is the reason he spends most of the season injured.

• Like 2