British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

23/07/2018 - Premiership - Swindon V Leicester (Live on BT Sport)

The nearby residents will be wanting a free voucher for the local hand car wash :blink:

• Haha 1

In weather like this, moisture needs to be delivered overnight, between the hours of midnight and 5am, otherwise its got no chance to get into the track..  Then its just top-ups during the day.... Bet anyone that hasn't been done. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The nearby residents will be wanting a free voucher for the local hand car wash :blink:

They definitely won't want one for the Speedway. ..:rolleyes:

In just 48 short hours you go from Cardiff, which delivered exactly why so many of us fell in love with this Sport...

To Swindon, and why so many of us are now totally pissed off with it.....

A true microcosm of how to run exactly the same Sport, but with a world of difference in terms of capability and execution....

Maybe it is now time to just be kind and put Speedway (British Speedway) out of its misery?

Let's face it, it's not really going to get any better than this is it?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 7

Just caught the end of the press conference, Rosco said that the shale which is currently being used isn’t binding to the track & is becoming sand like. Said that Terry Russell has been able to locate some shale which will hopefully bind to the track & not discintragrate into sand. Rosco also mentioned this in the star & said that other tracks are having the same issues. Cited Wolves from last Monday. Pls don’t shoot the messenger as only passing on what was just said. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

They definitely won't want one for the Speedway. ..:rolleyes:

In just 48 short hours you go from Cardiff, which delivered exactly why so many of us fell in love with this Sport...

To Swindon, and why so many of us are now totally pissed off with it.....

A true microcosm of how to run exactly the same Sport, but with a world of difference in capabilty...

Maybe it is now time to be kind and put it out of its misery?

Let's face it, it's not really going to get any better than this is it?

Wonder what the tracks & dust were like at Kings Lynn & Wolves tonight as a matter of interest?.

Just watched this pitiful match on tv and get over the irony of Rosco calling Leicester Beaumont Park just a Gate and Go track ! All sorts of Pots and Black Kettles there I reckon !! Apalling and Dangerous !

• Like 4

What a disgraceful showing from Swindon tonight, with British Speedway needing all the help it can get at the moment, Swindon serve up what can only be described as a dire., dusty borefest.

The weather obviously doesn't help, but after attending the "Pairs" at Somerset on Friday  they too have had the hot weather just the same and the wind off the sea to contend with as well, and their track was well prepared.

No wonder fans are leaving in their droves, and that many riders don't want ride over here.

Considering this was a televised meeting you would have thought Swindon would have made an effort to provide a decent track but obviously not, even their own riders were critical, lets hope Rosco enjoyed his red wine as he seemed more interested in it than the state of the track.

Edited by Buttons
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shale Searcher said:

In weather like this, moisture needs to be delivered overnight, between the hours of midnight and 5am, otherwise its got no chance to get into the track..  Then its just top-ups during the day.... Bet anyone that hasn't been done. 

Exactly...

Should have been 'drowned' overnight....

I know the lads at the NSS do this if it's expected to be sunny and hot on the day of the meeting...

Then gets another good soaking during the afternoon and finally about 30 mins to tapes up...

Result? A grippy first half dozen races then the dirt gets turned over and 'proper racing' takes place...

• Like 2

Yet another dreadful boring live match. Lack of available and suitable shale and the dry weather is proving near impossible for most tracks and it’s becoming embarrassing. When well prepared tracks like Wolves are suffering then it’s becoming a real concern.

• Like 1

Absolutely appalling meeting.

3 home riders moaning about their own track.

any newcomers watching would be put off Speedway for ever

Was considering coming Down later in the season...not a chance of that happening now

Great to see the Robins being innovative again. This time trialling ‘desert speedway’ in an attempt to lure in a big spending Arab. Lots of sandstorms with the track drier than a nun’s chuff. I think its fair to say this meeting will have gone down well with the first time viewers on Al Jazeera television tonight.

In truth, a very poor meeting and this was like watching a faster version of The Tour de France. The French Foreign legion revelling in the sandy conditions led from the front with Berge particularly impressive. If there isn’t  a 2019 contract in the offing for the lad after this then ‘je ne comprends pas’. If only the French had shown this much effort in fighting the Germans...

The hole, or rut, that I pointed out in my last missive showed it’s face again tonight and something seriously needs to be done. It’s been there for several weeks now so there are no excuses.

Finally, on my way through the car park I noticed the club had rewarded those loyal patrons that parked their vehicle close to the action with more than liberal helping of the shale, which I thought was a really nice touch from the club.

PS. I look forward to my forum buddy STR report on Josh 002Y’s performance this evening.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Crazy robin said:

Wonder what the tracks & dust were like at Kings Lynn & Wolves tonight as a matter of interest?.

Wolves was really good tonight, no dust and fairly good racing, despite the ambulance being late through an accident the meeting started after 8 and was finished well before 10

• Like 1

Very rare I comment in here any more but tonight was the first time since speedway first came to sky way back in the day that I switched a meeting off before it ended.

What an absolute s**t show that was. On the strength of tonight alone I'd imagine BT Sport are seriously considering their options.

A valid point was made tonight by my dad (who I watch all televised meetings with) - besides the GPs, has there actually been an exciting meeting on bt sport this year?

• Like 1