British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

23/07/2018 - Premiership - Swindon V Leicester (Live on BT Sport)

RR Match Report v Leicester

Highlight - Nope

Lowlight - Dusty Springfield Track

Morris - Can’t remember the last time he won heat 1. Something not quite right this season. 

Bellego - Seems to thrive when everyone else is struggling with track, back to his best.

Ellis - Another good scoring meeting for the young Brit, improving all the time.

Musielak - Good partnership with Ellis. Showed massive courage to win in heat 14 despite aggravating his knee. 

Batchelor - Another high score, will be riding at 1 sooner rather than later. 

Berge - Super fast, sign him up.

Smith - Has lost any little confidence he had. Bring in Max Clegg.

Visiting Rider MOM - Connor Mountain

It was like watching the last rites being given. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Great to see the Robins being innovative again. This time trialling ‘desert speedway’ in an attempt to lure in a big spending Arab. Lots of sandstorms with the track drier than a nun’s chuff. I think its fair to say this meeting will have gone down well with the first time viewers on Al Jazeera television tonight.

In truth, a very poor meeting and this was like watching a faster version of The Tour de France. The French Foreign legion revelling in the sandy conditions led from the front with Berge particularly impressive. If there isn’t  a 2019 contract in the offing for the lad after this then ‘je ne comprends pas’. If only the French had shown this much effort in fighting the Germans...

The hole, or rut, that I pointed out in my last missive showed it’s face again tonight and something seriously needs to be done. It’s been there for several weeks now so there are no excuses.

Finally, on my way through the car park I noticed the club had rewarded those loyal patrons that parked their vehicle close to the action with more than liberal helping of the shale, which I thought was a really nice touch from the club.

PS. I look forward to my forum buddy STR report on Josh 002Y’s performance this evening.

It was very very poor blueboy but i would say it has to be one of the worst tracks i have ever seen bloody awful.

Have i ever watched a worst meeting than that last night i can't remember one the track was an absolute disgrace.The racing over the past three years has been really dire and i don't know what others think but i have got to the stage of do i really want to go everyweek.The tractor was the star of the show and i ended up going home looking like Michael Jackson the dust was horrendous on bend two.The track now is unrecognisable to the one that hosted England v USA test matches a bad day for the sport last night and god knows what BT Sport think.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Have i ever watched a worst meeting than that last night i can't remember one the track was an absolute disgrace.The racing over the past three years has been really dire and i don't know what others think but i have got to the stage of do i really want to go everyweek.The tractor was the star of the show and i ended up going home looking like Michael Jackson the dust was horrendous on bend two.The track now is unrecognisable to the one that hosted England v USA test matches a bad day for the sport last night and god knows what BT Sport think.

What do BT Sport think?

I suspect they must scratch their collective heads and try to work out how what they show on Saturday nights from various parts of the World, can be in any way, shape or form related to what they show on Mondays from tracks around Great Britain....:unsure:

The last three nights have shown us in one meeting exactly the HUGE potential the Sport has, but in the other, completely why it can never fulfill that potential in British domestic racing....

With such 'raw materials' with which to work, it really is a disgrace, and in equal measure, a travesty, the way the Sport is ran in Britain...

It can never change though if the same people, who have 100% brought British Speedway to exactly where it is today, remain in sole charge of the future of the Sport too...

Its a crying shame....

It really is..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

read troy on twitter not happy at all awful

Edited by ray c

30 minutes ago, ray c said:

read troy on twitter not happy at all awful

But then Troy is never happy and never misses an opportunity to pass and unpleasant remark

• Like 1

What a pity Rosco doesn't put as much interest with his track as he does his hair.   Cant remember seeing a track as bad as this.       This meeting was a disgrace,. proving a health hazard to the riders and the fans.   Never seen so much dust and the spectacle of bike racing was a joke..   Every race was over by the second bend.  When Rosco was interviewed he seemed oblivious of the appalling track and  conditions... 

The biggest problem of all was that it was being televised.    There could never have been a bigger turnoff  of British Speedway then this.    If fans had witnessed the programme  last night,  they would be put off for life.   Its all very well saying the television  can advertise the sport to millions of new fans,  but in the same light it can have a damaging effect too.  For all the good the SGP did when showing the meeting at Cardiff,    Last night was the biggest turn-off I have ever seen.  

Had the truth be known probably the BSPA should've paid BT sport to stay away...…         Least that way would have preventing  such an horrendous  advert gong live....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

But then Troy is never happy and never misses an opportunity to pass and unpleasant remark

Normally I would agree but regarding last night he was spot on

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

What a pity Rosco doesn't put as much interest with his track as he does his hair.   Cant remember seeing a track as bad as this.       This meeting was a disgrace,. proving a health hazard to the riders and the fans.   Never seen so much dust and the spectacle of bike racing was a joke..   Every race was over by the second bend.  When Rosco was interviewed he seemed oblivious of the appalling track and  conditions... 

The biggest problem of all was that it was being televised.    There could never have been a bigger turnoff  of British Speedway then this.    If fans had witnessed the programme  last night,  they would be put off for life.   Its all very well saying the television  can advertise the sport to millions of new fans,  but in the same light it can have a damaging effect too.  For all the good the SGP did when showing the meeting at Cardiff,    Last night was the biggest turn-off I have ever seen.  

Had the truth be known probably the BSPA should've paid BT sport to stay away...…         Least that way would have preventing  such an horrendous  advert gong live....

Just been thinking the same thing...

Maybe it would be better for the GP's on BT, the SEC on Eurosport, and the domestic Leagues of Poland and Sweden on Premier to 'showcase' the Sport?

And British Speedway then 'hoover' up any inquisitive non Speedway followers and ex fans who decide to 'give it another go'...

Now don't get me wrong. ..

Anyone attending for the first time, or maybe after a long sabbatical from the sport, are probably more than likely never going to set foot in a Speedway Stadium again when they see what British Speedway serves up to them, however..,

It would at least mean a few more admission fees being paid in to the Sport that 100% wouldn't be there if people judged whether it was worth attending by watching British Speedway on TV regularly....

Incredibly and contradictory as it sounds....

A Sport could actually (and uniquely) benefit itself by NOT 'promoting' itself on TV!!!

Instead just live off the backs of those who can do it well and build a business around your obvious linkage to them...

"When The Seagulls Follow The Trawler" and all that...;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Come on. He is making fair comment. Everyone who watched last night's meeting is saying the track was poor.

Troy got stick and was sacke for saying things about King's Lynn last year, but I bet if that meeting had been televised people on here would have made the same criticisms as they are about this one.

At least he still raced and rode in heat 15. He is entitled to comment after seeing two of his team mates hurt.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Normally I would agree but regarding last night he was spot on

Got home last night thinking god that was bad embarrassing but it looked ten times worse on the TV. My oldest son was  p.....g himself laughing when he saw the smoke on the TV he said there was more chance of passing on the M4.It is  the worst tv event i can remember since the EBDON farce at Ipswich in the England test match.

What are the chances of substantial numbers of complaints from the new local residents (encouraged by the developers) being lodged with whatever relevant authority to the effect that Swindon speedway is a serious environmental health problem, and that it should be immediately closed down at least temporarily but also possibly permanently.

They will now have plenty of substantiating evidence, especially as the residents will have had windows open, and today they will also probably be plastered in brown dust.

Had it not been for the TV coverage I wonder if the meeting would have even gone ahead, to judge by the track's condition and lack of watering equipment.

Total rubbish, except for a brilliant, determined effort from the Robins’ team in awful circumstances. Well done, lads!