British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

23/07/2018 - Premiership - Swindon V Leicester (Live on BT Sport)

Is that Abi in the pits a one off or a new eddition she sounded like she had a peg over her nose lol, nice girl though.

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

But then Troy is never happy and never misses an opportunity to pass and unpleasant remark

Have you read it? He is doing far more than that

34 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Come on. He is making fair comment. Everyone who watched last night's meeting is saying the track was poor.

Troy got stick and was sacke for saying things about King's Lynn last year, but I bet if that meeting had been televised people on here would have made the same criticisms as they are about this one.

At least he still raced and rode in heat 15. He is entitled to comment after seeing two of his team mates hurt.

He didn't get sacked for saying the track was crap,  he got the sack for walking out on the fans,   saying he was injured, then riding the next night for Swindon at Belle Vue.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good comment....

21 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Is that Abi in the pits a one off or a new eddition she sounded like she had a peg over her nose lol, nice girl though.

Did a fair job i thought...

The peg might have been being used to keep the dust out of her nostrils....:D

11 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Its amazing anyone gave you any sympathy considering what a complete dick you are 

Perhaps you fancy a trip to the sin bin as well then.;)  Many Swindon fans cant be wrong re the track, but im very sure you know better... Not.

Is threatening to get people banned your latest thing? 

Maybe it's about time the sport tried to act a bit more professional and employ a full time track men, that can work on it all week

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, g13webb said:

He didn't get sacked for saying the track was crap,  he got the sack for walking out on the fans,   saying he was injured, then riding the next night for Swindon at Belle Vue.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good comment....

Maybe I got the facts slightly wrong (I'll have to take your word for it that the actual reason he was sacked was because he guested for Swindon - although, personally I doubt it), but the basic principle is the same. He (and Chris Holder) were outspoken about the track that night too, and would probably have had the backing of the fans had the meeting been televised.

Surely riders deserve to be given a track that is at the very least safe to ride on -and that includes at King's Lynn.

Awful dust bowl of a track, very little passing, but our first time speedway visitors bloody loved it surprisingly! Great weather and nice cold coiderr made it bearable just.

Need to get this sorted otherwise crowds will be even lower in future. Was around half of crowd that attended Zummerrzet match, even though free and reduced admission was on offer. A few hundred missing as it was on BT. 

Hope Morra is ok. Great comeback for Dave Bellego, and good display from fellow Frenchie Berge. sign him up, Adam and Troy excellent, and good recovery by Tobi.

Leicester, apart from Hansi, offered very little, only 3 heat wins.

Swindon have ridden 2 more meetings than anyone, still all to play for all 7 in with a shout.

Could well be last season for Robins if it carries on like this.

Edited by auntie doris

12 hours ago, Shale Searcher said:

In weather like this, moisture needs to be delivered overnight, between the hours of midnight and 5am, otherwise its got no chance to get into the track..  Then its just top-ups during the day.... Bet anyone that hasn't been done. 

This is the first sensible post on here re watering.  Years ago the track was watered or if really dry flooded one or two late nights before the meeting so that water soaked into the track overnight and was not burnt off by the sun.

The sun and continual grading is turning the track to dust and I doubt if it was watered overnight.

Another issue is that often the water pressure in the area has been reduced a lot and since the house building getting enough water at sometimes has been a nightmare.

Something I do not know but it may be a possibility that Swindon has also had a batch of iffy shale, the same as other tracks recently, that has less of a clay content.

Then there is the problem of not being able to get on the track when the dogs are running up till 2.30 ish, and watering a bone dry track full of dust during the day where most of the water evaporates is a bit of a waste of time.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

The track watering equipment looked a bit on the basic side, like it had been borrowed for the night from a local pig farmer.

They cant water the track because of the dogs? I didn't know the dogs liked to use the speedway track and doesn't the dog track get watered?

Poor excuse from Swindon

12 minutes ago, marko said:

They cant water the track because of the dogs? I didn't know the dogs liked to use the speedway track and doesn't the dog track get watered?

Poor excuse from Swindon

While the dogs ar running no they cannot water the speedway track

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, marko said:

Poor excuse from Swindon

Isn't that one of speedways biggest problems...all excuses and never solutions.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, marko said:

Poor excuse from Swindon

There is no access to the speedway track whilst dog racing in taking place....

You do realise that the people looking after the dog track and speedway track are totally different ? Or, perhaps not, as greyhound racing doesnt take place at the Arena Essex raceway, as its used exclusively for motorsports.

Orlov is also correct, the building of the nearby houses has placed a strain on the water mains within the area, greatly reducing the pressure.

All that said, something should have been done, its not like yesterday / last night was a freak one day hot spell !

Reading Troy on twitter, he said that 16 people, the teams and team manager,s wanted remedial track work done, but the track man (who has probably never ridden a speedway bike !) wouldnt listen to them !

Shale Searcher is also bang on, watering needs to be done very late at night / in the early hours of the morning, otherwise water is burnt off by the sun and just evaporates.

As an advert for speedway, last night was absymal, certainly glad I never wasted time, effort and money to make the 100 mile round trip from Bristol.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Isn't that one of speedways biggest problems...all excuses and never solutions.

WINNER :t: