British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Just looked and either they've updated the page or as I'm using my phone which is being painfully slow maybe I had a ghost image so part of another page over the main page. Should've took a screenshot at the time. It definitely said 21st September at 19:00

Ok thanks lets say 5pm as in recent years

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I`m not sure he is right at all !!!

Hey even team managers make mistakes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Hey even team managers make mistakes

Nothing as bad as yesterdays ref! ;)

I hope it's because the stadium is not available and not other reasons (whatever they are).

Schools are back so my son won't be able to attend the pairs on Fri (if it's still night before) and would be a rush home on the Sunday.  

That along with the university unlikely to have many rooms available.  Means I won't be there and no doubt many others too. 

Years ago BSI said they always wanted Cardiff towards end of the calendar but could never do it due to rugby fixtures, with the rugby world cup in Japan in September maybe they have taken the chance available to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, noaksey said:

Hope Cardiff City aren't at home that day.

Exactly!

In any case a clash with the football season can't be good. I hope it won't affect attendance.

I know there are people on here that hate football and think speedway is the be all and end all but unfortunately for the sport they're a minority and there are going to be a lot including me with divided loyalties.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Exactly!

In any case a clash with the football season can't be good. I hope it won't affect attendance.

I know there are people on here that hate football and think speedway is the be all and end all but unfortunately for the sport they're a minority and there are going to be a lot including me with divided loyalties.

You can watch Bournemouth 40 times a season but there is only 1 Cardiff GP.

Edited by Mark

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

You can watch Bournemouth 40 times a season but there is only 1 Cardiff GP.

I do, and have done for over 40 years so it will be hard for me. Bournemouth have been my passion since childhood but my wife has no interest in football so Cardiff will win no doubt but it's a shame that so many will face a conflict of interests 

12 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I do, and have done for over 40 years so it will be hard for me. Bournemouth have been my passion since childhood but my wife has no interest in football so Cardiff will win no doubt but it's a shame that so many will face a conflict of interests 

Plus Cardiff isn't quite as nice on a bluebirds match day in my experience 

7 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Plus Cardiff isn't quite as nice on a bluebirds match day in my experience 

Absolutely! Hopefully the powers that be will see to it that there's not a clash but we had to go to Liverpool on grand national weekend last season so I won't hold my breath. 

Much better to have Cardiff towards the end of the series, better still if it was the last GP and we get to see the world champion crowned.

Also being in September means the British GP at Cardiff won't be too close to the June English GP at Belle Vue.

Just now, AFCB Wildcat said:

Absolutely! Hopefully the powers that be will see to it that there's not a clash but we had to go to Liverpool on grand national weekend last season so I won't hold my breath. 

I'd imagine the Police will ensure there's no clash 

• Like 1

Worst case scenario next year football wise  would be a Cardiff vs Swansea match, Although I don’t think the Police would let that happen depending on which league they are in they may allow a 3pm kick off on this Saturday 

Cardiff highly unlikely to be at home. Doesnt matter what league they are in the authorities i suspect will ask for an away fixture that weekend