British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

14 hours ago, Cj69 said:

I hope it's because the stadium is not available and not other reasons (whatever they are).

Schools are back so my son won't be able to attend the pairs on Fri (if it's still night before) and would be a rush home on the Sunday.  

That along with the university unlikely to have many rooms available.  Means I won't be there and no doubt many others too. 

I think this date makes the Pairs unlikely to be the day before as has become the norm, kids back at school, weather at that time of the year makes it a real gamble as is the GP.

I think the GP will take a hit as well, a big one as well.

My god British speedway fans love to moan.... honestly anyone who says the BSPA, Doubling  Up etc are the worst things about British speedway are wrong... its the fans 

• Like 6

Football clubs can make special requests to be away on a particular weekend.  Assuming Cardiff City are aware of the GP, I would imagine this would happen.   Having said that, they've coped with 3 football play offs on consecutive days, not all of the fans will have travelled straight in and out on the actual day their club is playing.

I have missed the last 3 at Cardiff and was wondering about going again next year, but I am also now faced with the football dilemma. I'm not actually that fussed about missing a home match, and I only go to certain away games now, but you can guarantee that it will be the same day as one of the ones I actually want to go to!!

I don't understand some of the grumbles about kids being back at school.  When Cardiff was in June and early July, that was in school time as well.  (I realise Scotland is different, before anyone points that out)

thought the new belle vue national speedway stadium was built for a  world  speedway purpose,

or are they booked in july for something else

38 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

I don't understand some of the grumbles about kids being back at school.

It's just whinging for the sake of whinging.

Cardiff is a Saturday.     Are kids really in school on Sunday?

Do these people never let their kids out on a Saturday because they have school the following Monday?

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

My god British speedway fans love to moan.... honestly anyone who says the BSPA, Doubling  Up etc are the worst things about British speedway are wrong... its the fans 

Some of the fans. :D

But if they gave all the tickets away for free one year these fans would probably find a reason to complain about that.

They are so frustrating and so draining.

• Like 3

Guest GiveusaB

Liking the new marketing idea? 

Being able to buy the same seats for next year ? :t:

Just had it confirmed by the University that Student accommodation WILL NOT be available in 2019. :cry:

Just had my email- thought i was getting it yesterday - and it looks as if price has gone up for a cat 1 ticket to £110 which is a serious amount of money !!!

anyone else seen an increase ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Just had my email- thought i was getting it yesterday - and it looks as if price has gone up for a cat 1 ticket to £110 which is a serious amount of money !!!

anyone else seen an increase ?

Yes, Cat 2 have gone up too. We won't be buying tickets until the footy fixtures are out  next year now anyway! We certainly don't feel the need to have the same seats....

Pffft, September? I'll still go but 6 of my usual party have suggested they'll give it a miss as it'll be too cold. The other member of our group watches Corinthian Casuals and simply refuses to miss a game home or away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

I was watching the gp draw, and someone moaned big time about the "balls" being a cube and being picked out from a round fish tank!!!

If it is te last round next year that would be very cool 

Whats with the moans? Kids dont go to school Saturdays or Sundays so no problems there. The excuse it will be too cold is an imbecilic comment. Septembers can be balmy and Julys wet. Not much difference.  

As for football, as someone else has pointed out, the GP is a one off. Crowd could be bigger than normal. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1