British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

Category Six and it's £7.00 cheaper next year :D

8 happy people

Edited by Cagey
Wrong info

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

Yes, Cat 2 have gone up too. We won't be buying tickets until the footy fixtures are out  next year now anyway! We certainly don't feel the need to have the same seats....

Just checked mine, looks like they are £10.00 cheaper?

16 hours ago, flagrag said:

Worst case scenario next year football wise  would be a Cardiff vs Swansea match, Although I don’t think the Police would let that happen depending on which league they are in they may allow a 3pm kick off on this Saturday 

I`d wait to see if they are in the same league come next September.

Has anyone got hotels sorted for next year finding it difficult to book that far ahead... 

People moaning it's too cold at that time of year, brilliant :lol: last 2 year's in Cardiff on 21 st September temperature has been in high teens and sunny...lovely. if that's too cold then sit inside a pub beforehand, should be plenty of room now loads of people crying off!!

The football thing makes me laugh as well, footy season goes on for ages and folk complaining about one date :D

Looking at the date first made me think again about going in 2019, especially the start time, hope that is still 5pm, if they can go for 4pm that would suit me even better, 7pm start time would rule me out, stop the Polish supporters from getting smashed out of their heads in the bars, I too am worried about any clash of fixtures from the football, but I think we should all bear in mind that if Cardiff City were to play Swansea, or any other "big club" that surely would be on Sky TV on the Sunday kick off 4pm, just maybe the FIM have got other plans for Grand Prix's circuits elsewhere, maybe Stockholm may come back into the reckoning  and the Friends Arena may become available in July next year, I personally think we are all going to have to wait until the FIM conference in October to find out more.

Is there a link to book hotels once you've bought your ticket this year? 

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Whats with the moans? Kids dont go to school Saturdays or Sundays so no problems there. The excuse it will be too cold is an imbecilic comment. Septembers can be balmy and Julys wet. Not much difference.  

As for football, as someone else has pointed out, the GP is a one off. Crowd could be bigger than normal. 

Steve as in a lot of your posts you manage to include some provocational bolleaux. I'd say crowd this year was a few thousand down . The minority sport of association football will knock a fair few more off  as will even less accommodation being available. I already know of nearly 20 people who won't be going until they find out 2019/20 football fixtures in mid june. 

The only saving grace will be if it's the last GP and title still on the line.

5 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Steve as in a lot of your posts you manage to include some provocational bolleaux. I'd say crowd this year was a few thousand down . The minority sport of association football will knock a fair few more off  as will even less accommodation being available. I already know of nearly 20 people who won't be going until they find out 2019/20 football fixtures in mid june. 

The only saving grace will be if it's the last GP and title still on the line.

For me and hubby, Cardiff is a weekend away with our mates, it's not just about the Speedway. We don't have any interest in Football, but a lot of our friends do, so with five of them already saying it will depend on the Footy fixtures, or a flat " No, I won't be going" which I completely understand, it's going to be a damp squib, cheaper no doubt, but it isn't that attractive at the moment. I'm sure when we know what the proposed schedule is and it when it gets nearer the time, people will jump on board, but for now, my enthusiasm level is non existent........

• Like 1

Since the closure of Oxford the day out at Cardiff for me has become so much more important. It's not just about the Speedway which lets face it has only improved greatly in the last 6 or 7 years. The social aspect is very important. 

• Like 1

I'm confused all these so called football fans on here moaning about Cardiff playing Swansea..  they in different division

Why can't people be happy they have a gp to attend 

3 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

I'm confused all these so called football fans on here moaning about Cardiff playing Swansea..  they in different division

Why can't people be happy they have a gp to attend 

There's another football season between now and then.So they could be in the same division. 

But trust me now Cardiff City will not be at home on the 21st September 2019.

21 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

There's another football season between now and then.So they could be in the same division. 

But trust me now Cardiff City will not be at home on the 21st September 2019.

Some trusted you on the 7pm start  ;)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

I seem to remember that at one time The individual world finals were held in  September and nobody ever complained about it

And on a thursday too.