British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

15 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Wife and I went 3 years running 2013-2015 and sat in £19 seats, yes they were in the 3rd tier on the 3rd bend, got a splendid view. We did the stairs, but there is a lift.

Cheers, didnt know there was a lift.19 quid sounds reasonable.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, mickthemuppet said:

I seem to remember that at one time The individual world finals were held in  September and nobody ever complained about it

That was before the internet 

18 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Just checked on the go website, the senior concession has gone up to £20. I think that is a bargain for a go, never mind a go at a great stadium. Don’t think you get a seat on the start gate area, but I was always a 3rd bend Belle Vue fan. There is lots of choice and I used to phone to book my seats and ask for end of row seats so ease of getting out to go to loo. Mind, I used to book very early so had that choice available.

re the lift, they not going to stick seniors up on the 3rd tier without easy access. As I said, the lift was their, but we could make the stairs, I appreciate others can’t.

you could always phone to book your ticket and make an enquiry.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 8:21 AM, racers and royals said:

Fully booked Saturday September 21st !!!!!!! Available Friday 20th

2 night minimum stay, so is available if you stay both Friday & Saturday night. IMHO there are better options than this anyway.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, auntie doris said:

There is also an escalator near the main gates which right up to level 3 we use it every year, it really is a great view

• Like 1

Has the start time been announced yet, need to plan our travel.

Looking forward to it this year, last time we left straight away after final to head back to Sheffield but this time staying over for 2 nights so can enjoy without having to think about the drive home :t:

On 3/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, orion said:

That was before the internet 

How did the British public moan anonimously on every subject possible before the internet.

Cardiff City playing at home on 21st September at 3pm v Middlesbrough.  Not sure what that means for the parking which was at the stadium last year?

On 6/20/2019 at 9:08 AM, Iggy said:

Cardiff City playing at home on 21st September at 3pm v Middlesbrough.  Not sure what that means for the parking which was at the stadium last year?

Yes I noticed that. No issue with the GP being moved to Sept but couldn't the GP organisers have worked with Cardiff City FC to avoid a clash? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gresham78 said:

Yes I noticed that. No issue with the GP being moved to Sept but couldn't the GP organisers have worked with Cardiff City FC to avoid a clash? 

SGP date was established months ago. Would have thought that someone from Cardiff, either the city or the football club, would have informed the soccer authorities not to give Cardiff City a home game on September 21st. Utter stupidity.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SGP date was established months ago. Would have thought that someone from Cardiff, either the city or the football club, would have informed the soccer authorities not to give Cardiff City a home game on September 21st. Utter stupidity.

From a speedway point of view it does seem ridiculous.

BUT if you figure out how many sell-out events are held at the stadium every year it would be impossible to avoid clashes with the football at some point (playing at home every two weeks).

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I've not looked myself but maybe rugby clashes with football?

18 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

With the greatest respect Phil it's Speedway that has moved the date of this event into the football season. Surely the first thing for them to consider was what other events are going on in the City on that date? I think it was the responsibility of the Speedway authorities to approach Cardiff City FC and request that they avoid having a home fixture on 21st Sept. As you say the date was fixed months ago so they could have given the football club plenty of notice.