British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

39 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

can you get tickets on the day?

Well worth going, the atmosphere is amazing.

20 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Looks as if Cardiff ARE at home that day- not changed for TV 

That is ridiculous

For so many years Cardiff is the one SGP I have always wanted to attend but I will be honest the hotel prices have put me off, but this year I will be attending, flying to and staying Bristol. I know there is threads on best tickets, seats etc for just one more time guys, where is the best place to sit, not to bothered on price.

2 minutes ago, screm said:

For so many years Cardiff is the one SGP I have always wanted to attend but I will be honest the hotel prices have put me off, but this year I will be attending, flying to and staying Bristol. I know there is threads on best tickets, seats etc for just one more time guys, where is the best place to sit, not to bothered on price.

There isn't a bad place to sit. Pick a ticket price that suits your pocket. Personally I find the first tier on the bends to be my favourite.

• Like 1

At first glance it appears that there isn't a bad seat in the place BUT for my first visit to Cardiff (many years ago!) I was given seats at the front on the home straight under the over-hang of the stand above.

I suggest that you avoid those because although you are close to the track you lose a lot of the stadium atmosphere.

Edited by lastword

3 hours ago, screm said:

On your bottom 

Seriously, most years we sit upper tier on 1st/2nd bend about halfway up it's a cracking view for the racing and Polish Lasses  and prices are in the mid range.

Interesting to see the new BSI Boss at the NSS on Monday...

Maybe with Cardiff running in September,  if a success, then could there be another GP in the UK?

Maybe the first one so a large gap between them and it would set the series off with a cracking start as we know the racing will be "out of the top drawer"... ;)

With the additional seating I would think around 8000 -10000 would be possible,  wasn't it 7000 at the SWC?,  and I am sure more seating  or standing could be added to that..

I think September might actually benefit Cardiff given school holidays have finished and it's the penultimate one so, hopefully, everything to race for..

Be good to see two GP's in the UK to raise the profile of the Sport further, and the NSS and Cardiff would give a perfect balance between one delivering superb racing and the other providing the 'flagship event'...

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Interesting to see the new BSI Boss at the NSS on Monday...

Maybe with Cardiff running in September,  if a success, then could there be another GP in the UK?

Maybe the first one so a large gap between them and it would set the series off with a cracking start as we know the racing will be "out of the top drawer"... ;)

With the additional seating I would think around 8000 -10000 would be possible,  wasn't it 7000 at the SWC?,  and I am sure more seating  or standing could be added to that..

I think September might actually benefit Cardiff given school holidays have finished and it's the penultimate one so, hopefully, everything to race for..

Be good to see two GP's in the UK to raise the profile of the Sport further, and the NSS and Cardiff would give a perfect balance between one delivering superb racing and the other providing the 'flagship event'...

The downside of the September date is the fact that the University accommodation (at around £25 per night) is not available.

10 hours ago, Gambo said:

The downside of the September date is the fact that the University accommodation (at around £25 per night) is not available.

And Cardiff City are playing at home same day.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:12 PM, screm said:

For 3 years we sat on bend 3, highest level up (cheapest concession at £20), and I thought the view was really good. Could see all the track and action clearly. 

I don’t think there is a bad place to be Except where the press/tv cameras are,  it they lower down close to track level.

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

And Cardiff City are playing at home same day.

I assume that the early summer stagings of previous Cardiff GPs means that a clash with the football like this has never happened before, has it ?

Will the extra 18k+ folk (locals and those from Boro) in the town for it affect the plans for the GP festivities this year at all ?