British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

The light show at the current World Championship Athletics from Doha is what is needed at Cardiff, spectacular but on a “quieter” level then Pittsburgh as shown above.

Park Inn Cardiff City Centre currently £94 a night with free cancellation on trip.com. Thought it might help someone.

Edited by Noodles

Noticed that someone on Facebook has quoted the attendance at this year's Cardiff to be 33,583 ... He says this has come from the Stadium.

A figure of approximately 40k has been mentioned the last couple of years and the last figure that looked like an 'official' one that I can come up with was 2016 at 40,974.

And yet PR said here that this year was 4k up on 2018.

Any one able to 'square the circle' here ?

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 11:29 PM, Grand Central said:

Noticed that someone on Facebook has quoted the attendance at this year's Cardiff to be 33,583 ... He says this has come from the Stadium.

A figure of approximately 40k has been mentioned the last couple of years and the last figure that looked like an 'official' one that I can come up with was 2016 at 40,974.

And yet PR said here that this year was 4k up on 2018.

Any one able to 'square the circle' here ?

So the Autumn date didnt work then!

42 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

So the Autumn date didnt work then!

The change of date wasn't through choice though was it ? I thought that the stadium wasn't available at the usual date 

4 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

The change of date wasn't through choice though was it ? I thought that the stadium wasn't available at the usual date 

Correct, Wales had at least two Rugby World Cup warm up matches during the summer months so a SGP then was a non starter to be honest.