British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

ok i tried it directly with seetickets.com and it works but when i go to  speedwaygp.com and choose Cardiff from the calender it says "tickets off-sale". thats weired, but hey i still managed it.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, Grand Central said:

Well I read what Torben had to say ...

1) Cardiff would be more attractive nearer the business end of the Championship where the meeting could be more 'vital' in the title race

2) moving away from the 'holiday season' will allow more fans to attend and this would be specifically the case for 'locals'

3) the later date should have a 'positive effect' on accommodation price.

I cannot help being sceptical about his words though ....

I have never heard anyone say they avoided attending Cardiff due to it being too early in the title chase but would suddenly do so if it were only 'more vital'.

Most Cardiffs have been last week June to second week July which is generally not holiday season for most people. 

Goodness know why 'local' Cardiff folk would suddenly start attending in September when they have studiously avoided doing so for 18 years before .

And I fully expect that the hotels will screw everyone in September just the same as July, especially as the Uni accommodation may be unavailable as well. 

I presume the Stadium is just not being offered to them any earlier than September for other reasons and he is just spinning it the best way he can.

PS

I am fine with September ... Just a little less BS from BSI would be nice.

With the one year to go to Cardiff 2019 having elapsed luckily more hotels have come on line with availability. Unfortunately nothing shy of 150 pounds per night on the main site I use, so much for the later date " having a positive effect" on accommodation prices  !

23 hours ago, iwright71 said:

With the one year to go to Cardiff 2019 having elapsed luckily more hotels have come on line with availability. Unfortunately nothing shy of 150 pounds per night on the main site I use, so much for the later date " having a positive effect" on accommodation prices  !

They were never going to be any cheaper.

1 hour ago, waiheke1 said:

It would be very nice if the real reason turned out to be a July GP at the NSS. We can dream at least...

DREAM but don't hold your breath. 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, topaz325 said:

They were never going to be any cheaper.

It was in the speedway star " a later date will have a positive effect on accommodation prices "

2 hours ago, iwright71 said:

It was in the speedway star " a later date will have a positive effect on accommodation prices "

And someone believed that?

6 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

And someone believed that?

It was a direct quote from Torben Olsen.

The Star published that and the rest of his nonsense verbatim.
Perhaps just for a laugh.

• Like 1

MY own view (nothing more) is that the later date is down to stadium availability with the rugby World Cup taking place in 2019 and possibly the Welsh team requiring the stadium more often.

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MY own view (nothing more) is that the later date is down to stadium availability with the rugby World Cup taking place in 2019 and possibly the Welsh team requiring the stadium more often.

So why not just give that as a reason instead of spinning some BS fairy tale.

I don't think anyone would have had an issue it being moved due to stadium availability. Noone sane would expect speedway to take priority over rugby in Wales. 

9 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

As did we all.
it's obvious.

But Torben's fertilizer was still spread.

For those looking for rooms in Cardiff for the Speedway GP, Premier Inn have just announced the launch of low cost rooms and Cardiff if the first place to offer them. Called ZIP rooms and from £19 per night for 2 persons. The Cardiff Zip hotel is on the east of the city centre, probably 30 min walk from the stadium.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/zip.html?rid=2783715&mid=123685200&CID=EMC_MKT_BAU_getmore_NULL_NULL_20190307_DM6847

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

For those looking for rooms in Cardiff for the Speedway GP, Premier Inn have just announced the launch of low cost rooms and Cardiff if the first place to offer them. Called ZIP rooms and from £19 per night for 2 persons. The Cardiff Zip hotel is on the east of the city centre, probably 30 min walk from the stadium.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/zip.html?rid=2783715&mid=123685200&CID=EMC_MKT_BAU_getmore_NULL_NULL_20190307_DM6847

Fully booked Saturday September 21st !!!!!!! Available Friday 20th

Edited by racers and royals

Where is best place to sit, if paying about 40 quid? Have sat in 29/39 quid seats but too high up for the couple we are going with who are 70. Looking to drive, but park in city centre not park n ride at CCFC.

6 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Where is best place to sit, if paying about 40 quid? Have sat in 29/39 quid seats but too high up for the couple we are going with who are 70. Looking to drive, but park in city centre not park n ride at CCFC.

Wife and I went 3 years running 2013-2015 and sat in £19 seats, yes they were in the 3rd tier on the 3rd bend, got a splendid view. We did the stairs, but there is a lift.

• Like 1