British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

Guest GiveusaB

bit  disappointing as part of the weekend is enjoying the weather, socializing outside with a 'brew' ???

What's the chances of that in late September ?

Warm coats and brolly's at the ready ! :drink:

The rugby World Cup is next September in Japan, so they won’t be having their usual autumn internationals later in the year. I imagine the stadium will be hosting World Cup warm up matches in July/August.

The September date will be a one off I’d think.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marksman said:

The rugby World Cup is next September in Japan, so they won’t be having their usual autumn internationals later in the year. I imagine the stadium will be hosting World Cup warm up matches in July/August.

The September date will be a one off I’d think.

Why not hold the challenge final 24 hours later at the stadium.

• Like 2

Three of my group have already pulled out. It's the new Football season, more will follow no doubt. I think it's a terrible move unless it is down to stadium a availability? 

This is absurd. A lot of speedway fans are also football fans and this is now going to be right in the football season.

They'll lose thousands off of the attendance scheduling this in September.

Big football fan myself but must admit I’ve often thought about the last GP of a season being held in Cardiff, imagine Tai being crowned World Champion in Cardiff at the last GP. I can only assume those who run the show have thought about the clash with football. As pointed out by others perhaps the stadium is not available for next July, they must have known about that when extending the deal to stage the event the other year.

• Like 1

Also another thing is Speedway is likely to be less higher placed with broadcasters so on BT will not be on BT sport 1 and won’t get UHD coverage which I hear was brilliant last night. 

This is of course unless this is an international break weekend for football, it does seem a strange decision and will be interesting to hear the official thinking behind this date.

I suspect it’s due to stadium availability but could this possibly be the final round in 2019 so champion will be crowned and will there be an English GP earlier in the season as well ?

Cannot see this being the last round as Torun is always first weekend in October.  

Edited by Mark

It's also annoying and frustrating that they haven't bothered to explain why they've come to this decision. It' not hard! 

58 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

bit  disappointing as part of the weekend is enjoying the weather, socializing outside with a 'brew' ???

What's the chances of that in late September ?

Warm coats and brolly's at the ready ! :drink:

There were a number of People who were complaining about the heat yesterday,so i think it is good BSI have taken their complaints seriously and moved it to a cooler time of year.But of course there are now complaints about that.You can't win sometimes

• Haha 1

Apologies for being utterly selfish but I am happy Cardiff is going to be later next season, all we need now is successful talks between BSI and the Prague major, get Prague back in the 2019 calendar and here`s one happy bunny.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

Cannot see this being the last round as Torun is always first weekend in October.  

Probably not the last GP,but could it be the last UK meeting of the season?:P