British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

No one has disputed that the winner of the British final gets the wild card (or the next one down if winner is already in the meeting).

Dornier - you said “You just can’t go changing the rules just because it doesn’t suit you own preference”, yet just a couple of sentences earlier you said just as the winner of the British final gets the wild card it follows the next two should be the track reserves, then added “I would imagine those are the rules”, implying you don’t know the rules..... so how can you say “You just can’t go changing the rules”.

what a fine experience it would have been for Dan Bewley, plus another, to have of driving down to Cardiff, drawing up outside the stadium, taking bikes into the pits and soaking up the atmosphere, experiencing track time with the worlds best, being in the mix to hear the roar of the crowd, and possibly even getting a ride on the big night.

Moment lost.

Apart from anything else, it has been known speedway management has changed the rules to suit itself many times before.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Apart from anything else, it has been known speedway management has changed the rules to suit itself many times before.

No???  REALLY???  Not in British speedway... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Who exactly has decided the reserves? unbelievable decision.

Rosco???????????????????????????????????

Can someone confirm that the reserves at Cardiff are not every year 2nd and 3rd in the British Final- in 2017 Josh Bates was reserve and i`m pretty sure he wasn`t in the British final !!

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It should be Dan Bewley and Drew Kemp- ridiculous  decision. !!!!

I hope someone asks Tai his thought’s on that selection when he appears on the BT match at Wolves tonight.

Couldn't agree more. Absolute nonsence decision.

British Speedway at its finest (Oxymoron) 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Can someone confirm that the reserves at Cardiff are not every year 2nd and 3rd in the British Final- in 2017 Josh Bates was reserve and i`m pretty sure he wasn`t in the British final !!

Lambert was track reserve in 2015 and didnt contest the British Final

I'm fast giving up on this shambles of a sport well the idiots who run it anyway

Sure riders like Bomber and Danny will take something from the meeting, good experience to stand them well for the future in the sport.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Sure riders like Bomber and Danny will take something from the meeting, good experience to stand them well for the future in the sport.

Well, you learn more from your defeats than you do from your victories, so Bomber should come out of the meeting a genius!!! :t:

Did I say that??? :blush:

• Haha 1

Thought I was at the age now where I let everything go over my head especially in speedway but this decision has done my head in. Bonkers. Absolutely no point 

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Thought I was at the age now where I let everything go over my head especially in speedway

More fool you!

Never say they can't get any worse; some people will take that as a challenge...

Steve

• Like 1

If you dont have a format for choosing the track reserves there will ALWAYS be somebody who disagrees with

the chosen choice.  Therefore to go in order of finish at the British Final is  undisputable by anybody.

22 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

If you dont have a format for choosing the track reserves there will ALWAYS be somebody who disagrees with

the chosen choice.  Therefore to go in order of finish at the British Final is  undisputable by anybody.

Poland who might just know a bit about how to run the sport haven’ t ever picked riders such as Protasiewcz and Hampel as track reserves !! They have always picked youngsters to give them an experience of the big stage- just shows the light years difference between the sport in the 2 countries !!!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Poland who might just know a bit about how to run the sport haven’ t ever picked riders such as Protasiewcz and Hampel as track reserves !! They have always picked youngsters to give them an experience of the big stage- just shows the light years difference between the sport in the 2 countries !!!

But they do seem to have moved from picking the most promising young riders to just taking the local under 21 rider. ( e.g. Liszka in Wroclaw).