British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

I for one certainly hope Hancock's back next year. It will be nice to see some craftsmanship from the old master.

I'm getting fed up of watching Dudek (what's happened to him?!) and Kolodziej scrabbling around at the back, and Laguta, with his usual starting like a train and then doing nothing routine.

14 minutes ago, Terry said:

I for one certainly hope Hancock's back next year. It will be nice to see some craftsmanship from the old master.

I'm getting fed up of watching Dudek (what's happened to him?!) and Kolodziej scrabbling around at the back, and Laguta, with his usual starting like a train and then doing nothing routine.

I wonder if Dudek wants to be in the series next year. According to the captions when at the start Dudek stuck to the same bike all 5 races, even though that one did not perform well at any time. A rider serious about his raving would have changed somewhere in the meeting, other riders did. Too much of a hater and if he doesn’t gate then he is so good at racing from the back. So I hope he and Kolodzeij are out of it next year. 

24 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I wonder if Dudek wants to be in the series next year. According to the captions when at the start Dudek stuck to the same bike all 5 races, even though that one did not perform well at any time. A rider serious about his raving would have changed somewhere in the meeting, other riders did. Too much of a hater and if he doesn’t gate then he is so good at racing from the back. So I hope he and Kolodzeij are out of it next year. 

Yes the Poles (Zmarzlik excepted of course) haven't been so dominant recently, even Janowski who usually does well at Cardiff, faded after a bright start.

You're right, I certainly wouldn't miss Dudek and Kolodziej. Or Laguta for that matter.

4 hours ago, Haza said:

What was the attendance like last night ? 

OVER 4,000 up on last year ... you could tell just sitting in the stadium that it was an increase. More Poles than ever.The upper tiers were packed. Dump Cardiff? Are you mad? What other speedway event could attract that sort of crowd. It isn't just the actual racing on the day. Having the stadium slap bang in the middle of town *unlike Warsaw for example) is a huge plus. Most people there had had a fabulous time before even entering the stadium. Terrific atmosphere. The actual racing will never match Wroclaw 2019 (was there too) but what a day ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Cardiff has always been about the occasion rather than racing, came over ok tonight on tv, better than some previous GPS.

HUNDRED times better when you are there. Appreciate not everyone can go or afford it.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

£50 cheapest available! Kin,ell' !!!

I needed 5

My experience too. £50 as the 'walk up' price is too much. Last minute decision to go with my son. Luckily(?) I bought cheaper tickets from a tout instead.

Short sighted pricing policy in my opinion that could/should deter those thinking of attending as a 'walk up' next year.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HUNDRED times better when you are there. Appreciate not everyone can go or afford it.

I have been many times to Cardiff but give it a miss now and again to regain the enthusiasm  or to travel to overseas GPs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeff said:

My experience too. £50 as the 'walk up' price is too much. Last minute decision to go with my son. Luckily(?) I bought cheaper tickets from a tout instead.

Short sighted pricing policy in my opinion that could/should deter those thinking of attending as a 'walk up' next year.

Surely tout tickets will be more expensive they not going to sell at a loss?

• Haha 1

Can't really say I saw anything last night that would entice me to spend the kind of money involved to go to next years GP 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Surely tout tickets will be more expensive they not going to sell at a loss?

They buy tickets off of punters at below face.

2 hours ago, Dornier fixer said:

I thought he said he wanted a wild card.     I think he would be better  off calling it a day now I dont think he will be competitive enough 

after his long lay off.   Better to finish now in one piece for his familys sake

Have to say that to come back at 50yrs old will be a big ask but if anyone can do it he can and do love that style of his which many moan is boring but IMO merely super smooth armchair style  makes it look easy .

27 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

OVER 4,000 up on last year ... you could tell just sitting in the stadium that it was an increase. More Poles than ever.The upper tiers were packed. Dump Cardiff? Are you mad? What other speedway event could attract that sort of crowd. It isn't just the actual racing on the day. Having the stadium slap bang in the middle of town *unlike Warsaw for example) is a huge plus. Most people there had had a fabulous time before even entering the stadium. Terrific atmosphere. The actual racing will never match Wroclaw 2019 (was there too) but what a day ...

Well numbers don't lie. 4,000 plus up.

Has there been another Speedway meeting in the Uk this year that actually got 4 000 in the first place ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

It said during commentary that Dudek was tired certainly Nicholls & Hancock were a bit miffed about it when they were talking about it. Could be why his performances have dropped so badly though?

37 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

So for some people, it appears that it’s just about the crowd size and “occasion” then rather than the actual racing itself! ......Count me out then as I thought speedway was about RACING and excitement, not about dancing girls, flashing lights and stupid little flags! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1