British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, Fromafar said:

can you get tickets on the day?

yes you can buy them on the day

• Like 1

I see that King and Harris are the track reserves, surely they should change the track reserves to be a nomination rather than who finishes 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.

With all due respect King and Harris have been to Cardiff multiple times before, and experience for our younger riders would be more beneficial. Cookie has obviously declined this and it's passed down to Harris next in line.

Winning the British Final is a different matter, if Harris wins obviously he deserves to be there etc.

Surely if it's a nomination, common sense will prevail, i.e If say Danny Ayres finished top 3, although he can't be classed as younger rider he would deserve at least one shot at Cardiff based on the British Final result.

It makes GB Speedway look a mockery to the rest of the speedway world IMO, and looks like we have no talent coming through.

Edited by Marksman
  • Like 3

Nominating King and Harris just about sums up the way British Speedway is run....head, feet and everything else rooted firmly in the past.

What the hell will giving those 2 track time do to benefit British Speedway...answers on a postage stamp!

• Like 1

Clearly the SON debacle has been erased from the memories of the  'powers that be'.

It should be Dan Bewley and Drew Kemp- ridiculous  decision. !!!!

I hope someone asks Tai his thought’s on that selection when he appears on the BT match at Wolves tonight.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 6

Terrible choices both been there done it and heading backwards riders. Give Bewley & Worrall a crack (obviously i wished it could have been Danny but now he is crocked it won't be the same without him)

I didnt believe Marksman a few posts ago when he said King and Harris are the 2 meeting reserves for Cardiff GP. 

That is unbelievable.

Obviously the powers that be dont believe in giving youngsters a chance to get a feel for the atmosphere at one of these big events and encourage them to reach out

British speedway may as well drop the shutters now and close the shop.  Its as good as finished here.  Recovery of British speedway was going to be tough, but with management decisions like that there is no hope.

• Like 2

Perhaps Chris Harris qualifies as the highest average British rider in the latest GSA issue after Lambert and Cook (apart from Rory Schlein) ;)

Edited by Midland Red

Just as we were starting to move forward seemed to have taken a backwards step recently. This being one of these backwards steps. Least cook made the sensible decision of declining it unlike the other two looking to grasp on to any chance at high level speedway they can get.

• Like 4

Seeing as the Cardiff  wild card is decided by the winner of the British Final it follows on that the track reserves

should be the next riders in order of finish at the British Final namely  King.  Cook. Harris.  I would  lmagine those are

the rules.  Personally think King fully deserves his chance at track reserve,  he was as good as Wright on the night.

You just cant go around changing rules just because it doesn`t suit your own preference.

15 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

Seeing as the Cardiff  wild card is decided by the winner of the British Final it follows on that the track reserves

should be the next riders in order of finish at the British Final namely  King.  Cook. Harris.  I would  lmagine those are

the rules.  Personally think King fully deserves his chance at track reserve,  he was as good as Wright on the night.

You just cant go around changing rules just because it doesn`t suit your own preference.

No rules whatsoever !!! winner gets the wildcard- that`s it !!!!!

Edited by racers and royals

19 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No rules whatsoever !!! winner gets the wildcard- that`s it !!!!!

They may not be written but it seems to be the way its been done in the past !!!!!!