British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

I'm now unable to attend so have 2 tickets for sale Upper tier third bend front row, I'm looking for face value or very best offer I've got the tickets so will post straight away first class... Pm me if interested please 

does anybody know if there is premeeting entertainment inside the stadium years ago it used to be very good  with well known artists performing don't no why they stopped this. have the park and ride details been released yet

10 minutes ago, gazz 50s said:

does anybody know if there is premeeting entertainment inside the stadium years ago it used to be very good  with well known artists performing don't no why they stopped this. have the park and ride details been released yet

I would think they stopped it because they couldn`t afford to do it. this is where any designated parking arrangements will appear https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/resident/Parking-roads-and-travel/Travel-advice-for-major-events/Pages/Travel-advice-for-major-events.aspx

19 hours ago, gazz 50s said:

My band offered to play but the stadium owners said it would be a danger if everyone went to the bar at the same time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, gazz 50s said:

does anybody know if there is premeeting entertainment inside the stadium years ago it used to be very good  

i think they got wind that supporters tend to take their seats quite close to start time in Cardiff :drink:

Not seen anything about fan zone etc, why do I get this feeling it's not going to be happening.

13 hours ago, Vonny said:

Thinking of parking in Newport and getting the train to Cardiff, any advice please?

U may have a problem finding parking unless u want to pay at a car park by the station for some time u could park on yellow lines no traffic wardens, but they are back big time. If u get to Newport early try the civic  centre area by the station plenty of free parking on the roads.ps be careful on m4 around Newport speed cameras are active.

Thank you for your reply Watkins, we don't mind paying but thought it would be easier than parking in Cardiff , also the traffic getting out of Cardiff is a nightmare after the GP. Have taken note of your warning of speed cameras, thank you.

Are there going to be park and ride available signposted from the motorway. have not seen any information about them yet or where they are

18 hours ago, gazz 50s said:

Are there going to be park and ride available signposted from the motorway. have not seen any information about them yet or where they are

Yes, it's always signed from the motorway every year.

19 hours ago, Vonny said:

Thank you for your reply Watkins, we don't mind paying but thought it would be easier than parking in Cardiff , also the traffic getting out of Cardiff is a nightmare after the GP. Have taken note of your warning of speed cameras, thank you.

The train station is heavily policed after the GP, so getting back onto a train may actually delay you more then driving out of cardiff.

The BBC weather forecast - for what it's worth - looks really good for Cardiff for Saturday.

Apologies as I am sure this has been asked already but do we know if the organisers see this scheduling as a (once every four years) one off due to the RWC and it is the intention to return the GP to it's traditional June/July slot?