British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

Due to circumstances beyond my control I will need to buy tickets on the day from the WRU office.

I've seen conflicting posts on here regarding this in that some have said they buy the cheapest on the day and now I've seen that there are no cheap ones on the day.

Okay 'cheapest' and 'cheap' are  2 different things I accept, but how much generally are the cheapest on the day?  Also is the ticket office open right up to start time as I don't know what time I will get to Cardiff.

Thanks in advance if anyone can offer advice based on previous experience. 

25 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Due to circumstances beyond my control I will need to buy tickets on the day from the WRU office.

I've seen conflicting posts on here regarding this in that some have said they buy the cheapest on the day and now I've seen that there are no cheap ones on the day.

Okay 'cheapest' and 'cheap' are  2 different things I accept, but how much generally are the cheapest on the day?  Also is the ticket office open right up to start time as I don't know what time I will get to Cardiff.

Thanks in advance if anyone can offer advice based on previous experience. 

I'm in the same boat, needing 2 tickets at short notice so interested in any advice provided. 

Also, is there any obvious place anyone with spare tickets would be found? Fan zone? Outside the Cardiff ticket office?

I paid £19 on the day last year from the ticket office. They will have thousands of cheap tickets. Always do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, falcace said:

Fantastic.

They have re-recorded the commentary though! Odd :blink:

Bizarre idea to lose the immediacy of their live commentary. One of NP/KT's best.

Mind you Kenneth Wolstenholme's 'They think it's all over' would probably be dropped today by some snowflake who thought it could be 'improved'.

On 9/19/2019 at 4:17 PM, SR1953 said:

Going to Cardiff for the first time in a few years. The Principality Stadium website security section says small bags are allowed - 35x40x19cm, which actually seems quite a decent size to me. Can anybody who's been in the last year or two tell me if they have had any issues entering the stadium with bags or backpacks?

Bag search..they dont allow water bottles.

6 hours ago, falcace said:

Fantastic.

They have re-recorded the commentary though! Odd :blink:

I was in the pits for that one.  Was mental.  The noise was off the chart. 

40 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Bag search..they dont allow water bottles.

What about beer or vodka bottles ?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, iris123 said:

What about beer or vodka bottles ?

Drink the half litre of vodka before you go into the stadium lol

• Haha 1

Just now, soupy said:

Drink the half litre of vodka before you go into the stadium lol

I had a colleague who done that with a small bottle of whiskey when one of the bosses stopped him and told him he couldn’t bring it on the factory premises lol

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

I had a colleague who done that with a small bottle of whiskey when one of the bosses stopped him and told him he couldn’t bring it on the factory premises lol

Truth, did get a very good bottle of pinot noir in to the stadium last year, security just thought I was very well endowed! :D 

• Haha 1

Nothing to do with the gp but a Asian friend went to Pakistan for hols had a coke bottle full of whisky when he got to Pakistan the security guy wanted to see into the bottle my friend said his son had a pee into the bottle on the plane off u go sir