British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not in the rule book? I’ve seen it happen several times in my speedway watching lifetime. 

As said many times. Try to imagine this accident with Woffy and Pedersen. Roles are switched, Woffy locks up amd Pedersen hits him from behind. D R A M A

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not in the rule book? I’ve seen it happen several times in my speedway watching lifetime. 

Correct, Its not in the rule book and on the other hand I've seen plenty of riders lock up and nearly do a 360 and the poor rider behind is the one who gets excluded. 

• Thanks 1

Thought it was quite dull.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Thought it was quite dull.

That's being kind 

• Like 1

I'm glad i saved my money. To be honest i lost a lot of interest in the GP's when Crump, Gollob & Rickardsson retired. 

What a complete and utter load of rubbish that was!...again!!. Sick to death of the shouty twins building up the British GP for weeks beforehand every year, only for more times or not, it turns out to be a waste of time! The sport builds a “National Speedway Stadium” which is a proper speedway track that produces good racing most of the time, yet doesn’t use it! It prefers the razzmatazz and all that crap, that this temporary track provides and to hell with actually being interested in providing some good racing! Still, as long as the punters continue to take their brains out and pay the stupid prices to watch such dross each year, then nothing will change.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Should make Monday and Thursdays meeting at Poole and Ipswich look exciting......

Well, they WILL be compared to that rubbish tonight! :) 

Emil done it again. Given first choice of gate in semi final and he picks blue. At that point he had 4 wins and a 3rd, blue was third. More than that picking blue let Madsen choose red, Emil drops a point. More then that Emil only has third pick for the final and comes 2nd behind..... Madsen. So he dropped two points, if he chose the right gates and beat Madsen in semi and final he would now be 5 points behind Zmarzlik and two more points ahead of Madsen, AND he would have won Cardiff, which he hasn’t done since 2013. Bad choice.

Charles Wright did well, rode very well.

• Like 4

Sadly there was indeed little to get excited about. Some close racing but overtaking at a premium. The light show before the racing seemed to go on and on and the riders were invisible during the introductions. Have to agree the hype surrounding this event has overtaken reality. Warsaw is by far the best event on the calendar now for atmosphere, but speedway should be on proper tracks in the fresh air.

• Like 5

This years series has felt as stale as I can remember a GP season being. They won’t because of the £’s but it needs a complete revamp and taking to the best racetracks in the world wherever they may be. 

• Like 2