British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Cardiff 2019 Saturday September 21st

2 minutes ago, Boothers said:

Is anyone else having problems with buying their 'own' seats again for next year?

Mine worked fine.

Absolute borefest again and the reason why i dont part with my hard earned cash.

Irrelevant to me is the buzz beforehand i want to be entertained by what goes on on the track and Cardiff this year same as most years is boring racing.

Anyone who went wide looking for grip just went backwards.....riders just stuck to the white line and the riders behind couldnt pass.

The only real overtaking was going down the back straight of lap one going into bend 3 with riders having the drive off of bend two to either hold the outside or shoot up the inner

Emil got over Madsen but rode wide and Madsen kept it low and got back

Lambert was so much slower then Madsen but as long as he rode tight Madsen was never going to pass him

I think the razzamatazz of the occasion clouds peoples judgements.... was possibly the worst gp of the season

• Like 2

13 hours ago, falcace said:

I would love the thought of a 'second GP' here some place... a "European GP." Or whatever, at another venue. I would be up for that concept. 100 percent.

If it's at the NSS then Bring It On! If it's anywhere else in the UK. then it would be pointless. Increasing the number of tracks where good racing is part of the event should be the aim of the organisers. Especially if the idea is to help make UK speedway more buoyant.

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Absolute borefest again and the reason why i dont part with my hard earned cash.

Irrelevant to me is the buzz beforehand i want to be entertained by what goes on on the track and Cardiff this year same as most years is boring racing.

Anyone who went wide looking for grip just went backwards.....riders just stuck to the white line and the riders behind couldnt pass.

The only real overtaking was going down the back straight of lap one going into bend 3 with riders having the drive off of bend two to either hold the outside or shoot up the inner

Emil got over Madsen but rode wide and Madsen kept it low and got back

Lambert was so much slower then Madsen but as long as he rode tight Madsen was never going to pass him

I think the razzamatazz of the occasion clouds peoples judgements.... was possibly the worst gp of the season

This may mark me as not a proper speedway fan but it's the buzz, the social side, the atmosphere that I mainly go for...I know the racing is more than likely not going to be the best due to it being a temporary track so if it's not, it is no surprise and if the racing does turn out to be good....bonus!

Plus the fact I don't get out much,  so any day out is a momentous occasion to be celebrated :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jeff said:

This was approx 13.30. Told all cheaper tickets had sold out.

I understand why they do this. I'm just saying that it's a short term policy. I wouldn't go again on the spur of the moment.

I always buy from "See Tickets" well in advance

21 hours ago, bluebee said:

Agree racing was not great but a good atmosphere and it had the feel of a special event. Took a newbie (duaghter's partner from Amsterdam) and he commented on the first our of the gate nature of the racing. Unfortuantely, Cardiff reinforces the stereotypical view of speedway and that can't help the sport. I've been to 5 Cardiff GPs and seen this one wasn't the best but OK.

My major gripe was the traffic. We travelled down from the Midlands and the traffic around Newport and Cardiff was horrendous. With a major event on why was there no good Park and Ride set up from East Cardiff? Seems to me that the GP organisers should consider  possible alternatives and remind Cardiff of the value of 40000 hungry and thirsty speeday supporters. There are good stadia now in other UK cities that might offer a more comfortable experience.

Sad to say glad Zmarzlik didn't win. Poles around me were pains. If English supporters had behaved like them there would have been complaints galore.

It was Brits in U15, the lady immediately to my right and I had our backs doused with beer from the drunk lads behind me ! I think there were from south Wales judging by their accent, but not entirely sure !

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

They don't though , there has been some decent GP's at Cardiff in the past , this however wasnt one of them 

I’ll be honest mate I’m struggling to remember the last decent Cardiff meeting. 

I didn’t miss one from 2001-2014 and the social side was always the highlight of the weekend. Certainly wouldn’t want it removed from the calendar but as a general point sone of the poor tracks do as we’ve had too many boring rounds and not enough exciting ones. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Well done to Charles Wright, didn’t let anybody down with that performance.

Agree well done Charles, would probably have got one or two more points if the ref had not made a big error.

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Excellent. What could be better then Mums and Dads taking kids to the GP, or even kids mythering mums and dads to take them. Isn’t that what speedway needs, more youngsters. Well the opportunity is on a plate. The speedway nation should be embracing it, not whinging about it. I’m convinced a lot of this forums members are happy to be moaners.

Think the point might be fun and games just getting there ie traffic.

Took me over 4 hours Saturday from Reading!!!!

I think if you paid money to go to a concert and the sound or lighting was sub-standard, irrespective of the atmosphere, you would have good cause to 'whinge'  I see no difference here.  Apart from one or perhaps two isolated instances, the 'racing' was processional and boring.  My grandson who has only ever been to one other speedway meeting before (at Lakeside) actually asked me during the meeting why the riders were going so slow.  This was an evening of speedway riding.  What I thought I was paying for was speedway racing.

3 minutes ago, pine490 said:

I think if you paid money to go to a concert and the sound or lighting was sub-standard, irrespective of the atmosphere, you would have good cause to 'whinge'  I see no difference here.  Apart from one or perhaps two isolated instances, the 'racing' was processional and boring.  My grandson who has only ever been to one other speedway meeting before (at Lakeside) actually asked me during the meeting why the riders were going so slow.  This was an evening of speedway riding.  What I thought I was paying for was speedway racing.

A concert is a scripted, stage managed show. This was sport... perhaps you'd be better off with the WWE Wrestling

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Excellent. What could be better then Mums and Dads taking kids to the GP, or even kids mythering mums and dads to take them. Isn’t that what speedway needs, more youngsters. Well the opportunity is on a plate. The speedway nation should be embracing it, not whinging about it. I’m convinced a lot of this forums members are happy to be moaners.

My kids are begging me to take them next year as the GP fits in with the holidays. I've already conceded! 

As for people complaining about the parking prices, I use one of those websites that lets you pay to park on someone's drive. £4.50 for the whole day and only a 20 minute walk to the stadium. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

My kids are begging me to take them next year as the GP fits in with the holidays. I've already conceded! 

As for people complaining about the parking prices, I use one of those websites that lets you pay to park on someone's drive. £4.50 for the whole day and only a 20 minute walk to the stadium. 

I parked on the street for free a little further on from the Cardiff City FC stadium (where I usually park, but couldn't this year due to them playing at home). A 20 minute walk instead of the usual 15

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

I had family and friends round Saturday evening, half way through the GP they were all asking 'do we have to watch this rubbish'. I was cooking, but was it that bad ?

Really wasn't the most engaging for a newbie to watch on television. It just isn't a good track. Slightly too small, favours gaters and lane three is a total no-no.