British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leicester Lions 25/7/18

3 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

Strange meeting by the sounds of it with the lions doing ok early on, then all went very wrong after the interval. 

I hate to admit but I have not really missed my speedway since the Brandon fiasco. The way you look at the sport changes and all meetings I see on the updates page I always look at the reserves to see what impact they have had, far to many meetings have one set scoring 4 and the others 10+. I know you can only beat what's in front of you but come on the Poole reserves will wipe the floor with any team, so effectively your main riders can score what they like as anybody having an off night you throw in an in form reserve. 

Hope to to see a major shake up next season and teams have a window to make changes as it's impossible to keep up. 

God to give credit where due as the only bit of luck Poole have had is when the unfortunate Stefan got injured allowing them to bring in Klindt & then Rye Houses demise saw them get Bomber.

The other 6 teams did nothing until it was to late.

To think Rosco keeps faith with Wobbler Smith.

5 hours ago, scottyfan said:

One thing we agree on ... should never have signed Sundstrom and kept Hans instead, as you said, he scores good points on all tracks.

I would love to have kept Hans

5 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Worried when the cheating average manipulation period ends the Knobs will get found out. . . .can't wait personally.

Very unsportsmanlike. But then again, so is your entire profile.

• Like 2

pooles season starts from tonight,good crowd, great atmosphere  developed as the meeting progressed,the riders seemed well pleased and rode as a team and loved the support they were getting.great nite

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well I havejust got back from a buzzing Wimborne Road. 

Arrived an hour before tapes up and everything was as usual. But up to 7.30 the crowd kept coming in and it was easily the biggest crowd of the season. Full grandstand, people all the way around the place. Excellent. Spoke to Robbo in the pits and he said the track looked good. No comparison to Swindon where if you were not in front you couldn’t see anything.

The first 4 heats were a but tentitive fir the riders. It was clear the track staff had worked late last night putting down thousands of gallons of water and had continued to water during the day. After the first 4 races the track settled down and we were treated to some excellent racing. After an enforce sun break, the Poole boys came out and attacked hard. Leicester just crumbled. They tried, and produced some thrilling heats, Andersen and Nicholls giving everything, but Pirates were just too good. 

Harris, who ran a poor last in his first, showed what he was about by having two sensational races, shoving Andersen to the fence to allow Jakobsen through in one, then bombing Nicholls in another to allow Brady through. This is what we have been missing all season. Someone who can take the fight to the opposition, and boy did Harris deliver.

A great night, some great racing and three points to Pirates in our quest for the playoffs. As Middlo said in the press conference, no team will want to pick us in the playoffs.

Next stop is Leicester next Monday. Hopefully 3 more points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

we were on fire after a slow start track was good some good passing all round performance special mention hans and josh auty racing each other for third place classic onward and upward:t:

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Harris, who ran a poor last in his first, showed what he was about by having two sensational races, shoving Andersen to the fence to allow Jakobsen through in one, then bombing Nicholls in another to allow Brady through. This is what we have been missing all season. Someone who can take the fight to the opposition, and boy did Harris deliver.

Thought you said "Chris Harris would add nothing to the team"? More sides than a 50 pence you have ginge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Very unsportsmanlike. But then again, so is your entire profile.

Nothing on my profile Poo face man :t:

At the press conference Brady said the track was spot on after the first few heats. Just as they wanted it.

The Pirates buzz is back. Time for the other teams to get a little worried.

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Nothing on my profile Poo face man :t:

I'm sorry you lost your team. And I'm sorry you've been unable to find another team to support. I hope you're still able to enjoy the sport, even if your entire concept of pleasure is based on the failure of another team.

5 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I'm sorry you lost your team. And I'm sorry you've been unable to find another team to support. I hope you're still able to enjoy the sport, even if your entire concept of pleasure is based on the failure of another team.

Sorry, where do you think i'm from?

For Poole.

Brady was excellent. Led from the front. Nicholls gave him a brilliant race to get by. 9/10

Josh started poorly but got better as the meeting wore on. 7/10

Kacsper. Identical to Josh. 7/10

Richie  had one bad ride and was attempting to come from 3rd to first when he lost it on bend three.  6/10

Harris started with a poor last, then a defensive paid win, before stuffing Andersen and Scotty. 8/10

Freddie is a very good reserve and improving. Lots of bike skills and one for the future. 7/10

Nicolai was rock solid, dropping just one point. 8/10

For Leicester Nicholls started very well as did Hans but they just couldn’t live with Pirates tonight. Stu Robson also tried. Wells got a win in heat 14 but Worrall was about to have him when he slid off.

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Well placed interval break by the cheats, let the track dry out a bit, take the sting out of Leicester & there set ups. Just wrong, how do they get away with it?

what are you on about idiot

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Worried when the cheating average manipulation period ends the Knobs will get found out. . . .can't wait personally.

Your constant accusations of cheating and average manipulation, indicate that you have concrete proof. I would, therefore, be very interested to read your evidence and let the visitors of this Forum make their own judgement.