British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ShrewsburyWolf

Wolves vs Belle Vue . 23/07/18

First meeting of the season for me tonight leaving Shrewsbury at 3 for some pre meeting beers and bringing along two newbies. Hopefully a Wolves can carry on from last Monday, Heeps could be the key man at reserve again for us tonight. 

Cook and Bewley should be flying after the weekend so hopefully see some good racing. Going for a 48-42 home win. 

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Aces to win and hopefully, some decent racing.

Another hot day here doesnt bode well for a good race track i fear !!  Heeps is the key to a wolves win here given the strength of the aces top 5 around monmore green !!

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

I noted the updates site reporting numerous falls and a rider withdrawal (possibly due to bending his bike and not being hurt at all like last time?) at the last meeting, I hope the great work and massive effort to improve safety compared to last season  hasn't all been undone.

#putridersafetyFIRST!!

I believe the track staff are struggling to get enough moisture into the track at present due to the unprecedented dry spell we are having

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the first time in a league meeting this season we have our full 1 - 7. Steve Worrall obviously needs a few more meetings to be back to full race fitness but should still score enough tonight to get us some points. The racing was dire on our last visit so the track surely can't be as bad as that this time.

6 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I believe the track staff are struggling to get enough moisture into the track at present due to the unprecedented dry spell we are having

Same at every track, you only had to watch the BT to see how all tracks appear to be struggling.

But typical of the Belle Vue troll to only mention one track. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fred Flange said:

If Wednesday at Belle Vue is as bad as that dogrubbisht track tonight you might have a point. 

Chances are it isn't "the same at every track" but you may be right for once, lol!

I see the ignored creep is around for some reason?

We're you there tonight? or talking through your a---e again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fred Flange said:

If Wednesday at Belle Vue is as bad as that dogrubbisht track tonight you might have a point. 

Chances are it isn't "the same at every track" but you may be right for once, lol!

I see the ignored creep is around for some reason?

Feel free to point me to the many tracks who are currently providing good racing due to weather and shale issues. Right again most likely.

Well known racers tracks like Somerset have had issues this year and it’s only somewhere like the NSS that has been the exemplary so its very much one on its own.

Chances are I’m right again. :drink: