British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hot Shoe

British Youth Championship - Scunthorpe 22nd July

1 hour ago, Hot Shoe said:

No. You obviously misunderstood what i wrote. The rider i was referring to was a multiple British grasstrack champion at adult level plus pro speedway rider for over 15 years which included seasons with 10+ point averages and competed in the World Longtrack Championships numerous times.

i've seen the Thompsons many times and they have a bright future in the sport and are excellent riders and deserve their place in the British Championships. They've worked hard and practiced to get where they are.

Ooh its like guess the rider......Donkey?

5 hours ago, Hot Shoe said:

No. You obviously misunderstood what i wrote. The rider i was referring to was a multiple British grasstrack champion at adult level plus pro speedway rider for over 15 years which included seasons with 10+ point averages and competed in the World Longtrack Championships numerous times.

i've seen the Thompsons many times and they have a bright future in the sport and are excellent riders and deserve their place in the British Championships. They've worked hard and practiced to get where they are.

As in he started off being not very good ie not qualifying for finals, just riding around as you put it then progressing to be better than his peers. Obviously the Thompsons haven’t gone as far as your friend but the basic principle is similar. Ask their dad, he chucked them into the gb youth  champs very early and they were getting lapped regularly but hasn’t particularly done them any harm. 

Would still like to know your thoughts on where the cut off point is for the Championship? 

Edited by alkadera

On 7/30/2018 at 3:50 PM, alkadera said:

Obviously the Thompsons haven’t gone as far as your friend but the basic principle is similar. Ask their dad, he chucked them into the gb youth  champs very early and they were getting lapped regularly but hasn’t particularly done them any harm. 

I find it hard to believe that you actually read what i post without reading them first.

The Thompsons could well go as far as my 'friend' although i didn't actually say we were friends (it helps to read what i've written before commenting) but that wasn't my point.

I realize that this is just going around in circles so i'll just carry on what i've done for years and that's helping out and seeing kids enjoying the sport at whatever level they feel comfortable with without any pressure on them until they feel the time is right to move up a level.

Maybe we'll meet up at a track somewhere where you will be doing a similar thing?

6 hours ago, Hot Shoe said:

I find it hard to believe that you actually read what i post without reading them first.

The Thompsons could well go as far as my 'friend' although i didn't actually say we were friends (it helps to read what i've written before commenting) but that wasn't my point.

I realize that this is just going around in circles so i'll just carry on what i've done for years and that's helping out and seeing kids enjoying the sport at whatever level they feel comfortable with without any pressure on them until they feel the time is right to move up a level.

Maybe we'll meet up at a track somewhere where you will be doing a similar thing?

Snap. What does that first paragraph actually mean? 'read what I post without reading them first'. Maybe you could read what you post just to be sure it makes sense lol.

I also have enough experience of the youth scene to feel able to have an opinion. If you have been around as much as you claim then we probably have seen each other. 

PS it's not going around in circles just because we have different opinions on how to reach the same point ie more British riders.