British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Kent v Brummies Easter Cup Mon 23rd July

KENT: Luke Bowen, Taylor Hampshire, Alfie Bowtell, Anders Rowe R/R, Jack Thomas, William O’Keefe, Alex Spooner.

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Callum Walker, Dan Greenwood, Leon Flint, James Shanes, Arran Butcher, Adam Sheppard.

Brummies won 1st leg 51-38

Note sure why Stoneman is missing and presumably Rowe riding for Swindon tonight? 

How much has James Shanes improved, how good is Flint, which Greenwood will turn up, will Sheppard fall on the first bend and Bowtell in a Kings jacket. 

I can see the 2 legs being decided on heat 15.

Edited by whistlegang

Guest GiveusaB

I'm hoping that 'we' just get through this without any more injuries !

The result is immaterial imo.....

1 hour ago, screm said:

Easter Cup in July.:blink:

And you see why Speedway is going to the dogs. :nono:

Still feeling sick about the injury to Luke Bowen.

No blame attached to James Shanes - boy was he as good as I remember.

19 minutes ago, whistlegang said:

Still feeling sick about the injury to Luke Bowen.

No blame attached to James Shanes - boy was he as good as I remember.

Has there been any further update on the extent of Luke's injury? Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery

Guest GiveusaB

Best wishes to Luke Bowen....hope he's ok!

How did Greenwood perform? I know he notched four 2nd places, but he didn't really beat anyone that he shouldn't have ?

Edited by GiveusaB

I see that Blueharb 777 reckons that "Speedway is going to the dogs" because the Kent v Brummies match was the 2nd leg of the original

Easter Cup.  Has he forgotten the torrential rain we suffered at Easter time ?  Where is this guy's brain ?  Personally, I think it was highly

commendable that this fixture was staged to keep faith.  Very sorry to learn of Bowen's injury. The boy must be gutted as he was riding so

well.  Kent will miss him for sure. Will they use guest riders for the rest of the season ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Has there been any further update on the extent of Luke's injury? Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery

apparently no break but serious ligament damage

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Best wishes to Luke Bowen....hope he's ok!

How did Greenwood perform? I know he notched four 2nd places, but he didn't really beat anyone that he shouldn't have ?

Greenwood looked fast and was certainly pushing for the wins

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

I see that Blueharb 777 reckons that "Speedway is going to the dogs" because the Kent v Brummies match was the 2nd leg of the original

Easter Cup.  Has he forgotten the torrential rain we suffered at Easter time ?  Where is this guy's brain ?  Personally, I think it was highly

commendable that this fixture was staged to keep faith.  Very sorry to learn of Bowen's injury. The boy must be gutted as he was riding so

well.  Kent will miss him for sure. Will they use guest riders for the rest of the season ?

Boxall was there last night but i don't think his average will fit. Bowtell is a busy lad but he could do more than a job at number 1 (same goes for Ben Morley - love that guy). Jake Knight goes well at CP.

If Kent need to replace Luke (impossible i no) Boxall or Knight would be good choices & both averages fit.  As for guests, Bowtell was a good guest yesterday but i don't think there is anyone better & more reliable than Ben Morley he always delivers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Very rude,I am very offended.

The fixture was meant to be a warm up for the season.

Kent have not had the Brum Home League fixture yet,why not last night?

The sparse crowds shows Speedway has to change,no chance as things are.

Just look at the SS articles,telling the state of Speedway in this Country.

But trouble is the few people that go are so blinkered.

Anyway, enjoy.:D

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Very rude,I am very offended.

The fixture was meant to be a warm up for the season.

Kent have not had the Brum Home League fixture yet,why not last night?

The sparse crowds shows Speedway has to change,no chance as things are.

Just look at the SS articles,telling the state of Speedway in this Country.

But trouble is the few people that go are so blinkered.

Anyway, enjoy.:D

The Prime Brum league fixture is booked in for august 27th which is a bank holiday when a large crowd will be expected, why would it make any sense to bring it forward?  Should this be rained off there is still plenty of time to run it.  Kent promotion like to have a home meeting every Monday (unlike some teams), this was a blank date so what better than the 2nd leg of a tie that has previously been rained off twice against one of the strongest teams in the league.   Don't think that is being blinkered! 

• Like 1