British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

25•07•18 - Premiership - Kings Lynn v Swindon -

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Swindon really are falling apart as we approach the business part of the season. Love the loyalty Rosco gives his team. Long may it continue.

I remember once Rosco saying you don’t win anything without strong reserves.

Shame he forgot it as we all got slaughtered by him at the start of the season saying we were too weak at reserve.

2 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Shame he forgot it as we all got slaughtered by him at the start of the season saying we were too weak at reserve.

I said at the start of the season, signing Bellego on a 7.30 average was a bad idea, especially with weak reserves. His form at the end of 2017 was poor.

Seems as though many fans enjoyed tonight's racing and R.Lambert was in spectacular form?

Very pleasing to read and long may it continue, so the AFA can deliver entertainment, what was the difference to the usual meetings??

17 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Keeping Smith seems a very strange one as last after last does him no favours. The lad is trying hard but is it doing him any good? 

Swindon have Zach but he is returning from injury. And he needs backup. Nothing has been done to strengthen. In comparison Poole started with Spanner and Shanes. Shanes was and still is popular but was replaced by Neilsen who banged in bigger scores until injury. Then replaced by Klindt who is stronger still. Fredie Jakobsen is a step up from Spanner. Improvements.

Swindon have stood still while other clubs have improved. Could bite them on the jacksy. But their fans can be happy with the loyalty shown.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Keeping Smith seems a very strange one as last after last does him no favours. The lad is trying hard but is it doing him any good? 

Swindon have Zach but he is returning from injury. And he needs backup. Nothing has been done to strengthen. In comparison Poole started with Spanner and Shanes. Shanes was and still is popular but was replaced by Neilsen who banged in bigger scores until injury. Then replaced by Klindt who is stronger still. Fredie Jakobsen is a step up from Spanner. Improvements.

Swindon have stood still while other clubs have improved. Could bite them on the jacksy. But their fans can be happy with the loyalty shown.

Good old loyalty gets you 1 point from 8 away meetings. 

Bring on the Loyalty Trophy 

• Like 1

Robert Lambert....wow!!!!! Stunning display. All round solid display from the rest of stars. 

According to twitter garrity has broken bone in his hand so Kyle Newman guesting on Monday and Wednesday. Hope he's not out long or it's back to drawing board for a replacement....

The Robins did their best but had no answer to Robert Lambert who looked in a class of his own. 

Batch, Nick and Adam all did their bit but unlike last season the Budgies don't seem to all click on the same night. Another wretched night for Jack who fell in his first ride and was withdrawn from  the rest of the meeting. 

No doubt some will continue to call for Rosco to make changes but that's not always the answer - look at Leicester.

4 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

The Robins did their best but had no answer to Robert Lambert who looked in a class of his own. 

Batch, Nick and Adam all did their bit but unlike last season the Budgies don't seem to all click on the same night. Another wretched night for Jack who fell in his first ride and was withdrawn from  the rest of the meeting. 

No doubt some will continue to call for Rosco to make changes but that's not always the answer - look at Leicester.

Well you have to make the right changes

How much longer are we going to keep Smith. Is there no one better than him available ? I thought we were in with a chance of a point at one time but not to be.

Swindon have a massive problem.

The reserves are far too weak and this team relies heavily on every single member of the 1-5 scoring consistently well week in and week out.

If 1 member of the 1-5 struggles on the road then the whole team falls apart.

51 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Robert Lambert....wow!!!!! Stunning display. All round solid display from the rest of stars. 

According to twitter garrity has broken bone in his hand so Kyle Newman guesting on Monday and Wednesday. Hope he's not out long or it's back to drawing board for a replacement....

If Kyle does well, he could be your replacement, he’s looking for a new Premiership team.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole have made endless changes but the  side is not that much better no in/out number 1  ok Jacobsen is the real plus.And yes the loyalty  thing should be the norm and if a new rule was put in place that you could only stick with the original 1/7 and change only if a rider got injured your side would be nowhere.That is because they  got it wrong building  there team, also people forget about Swindon that we are weak at reserve but our top five need to be clicking at one time that has not happened for a long time now but if it does the side is a match for anybody.

5 hours ago, scottyfan said:

If Kyle does well, he could be your replacement, he’s looking for a new Premiership team.

Thought had crossed my mind. Give him a couple of guest appearances to see how he goes. Smart move...

29 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Thought had crossed my mind. Give him a couple of guest appearances to see how he goes. Smart move...

I would rather they sign Kenneth Bjerre and a two point Englishman like  josh Bailey and replace Garrity and Simon Lambert should just fit now Iversen has a new average I think. The league title would then be coming  to Norfolk 

• Like 1

It will be interesting to hear from Swindon riders and Fans  (and promoters)  when making comparisons between their homes meeting on Monday and of that we saw last night.  The two occasions were a world apart.  Basked in the hot weather we have endured  Buster prepared a track that was fitting for any  meeting and not one speck of dust was to be seen.   The meeting flowed with efficiency and the good crowd went home happy.  I thought Swindon battled well,  had no answer to the Stars strength in depth.  By only supplying 4 heat winners, in the end, Swindon were never going to find enough points to inflict any damage.  

The star of the show was undoubtedly Robert Lambert.  In all my years this was as good performance I have ever witnessed by a Stars rider.  Even comparing him with the likes of Lee, Crump, Henke, Rickardsson,  this was comparable with them all .    Back in the years when Lee ruled supreme,  I sometimes thought he missed the gate on purpose to demonstrate his brilliance from the back,   and last night the thought again crossed my mind.   Lambert's  heat seven win was something else,  utterly spellbinding..    In heat 11, against the fast starting Morris,  he  hunted him down before executing the move as they stared the last lap.  another exhibition of his ability.   Even against riders of the calibre of Batchelor, Morris, Ellis, and Musielak, when Lambert made the gate, he cleared off in front, sometimes 50, 60 mtr  ahead as if in another race.    He was that good.

All in all a good night,  decent crowd,  good racing and the right result.     Watching Lambert on this form was worth the admission  fee alone... 

• Like 5