British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Retro speedway DVD`s

Just seen racing from Rayleigh for the 1st time on the Retro trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eY4J-kNv9Y   great to see and i`m sure happy memories for a lot of people.

There are to  many wonderful DVD`s to link individually so here is the link to the you tube page https://www.youtube.com/user/RetroSpeedway/videos

I will have to work my way through them !!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Just seen racing from Rayleigh for the 1st time on the Retro trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eY4J-kNv9Y   great to see and i`m sure happy memories for a lot of people.

There are to  many wonderful DVD`s to link individually so here is the link to the you tube page https://www.youtube.com/user/RetroSpeedway/videos

I will have to work my way through them !!

...Can't wait to get my hands on the recently released London Speedway DVD.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, steve roberts said:

...Can't wait to get my hands on the recently released London Speedway DVD.

It will be out next week, Steve.

• Like 1

MEMORIES OF COVENTRY SPEEDWAY DVD
On sale from Retro Speedway for just £16 at www.retro-speedway.com
Sadly, memories are all we are now likely to have left of this great, old venue.

It was a great pleasure interviewing Zenon Plech, one of my boyhood heroes at Hackney, in his home town of Gdansk a few years ago. Here's a sampler that might just whet your appetite for our ZENON PLECH DVD - £16 from www.retro-speedway.com

• Like 1

Our brand new DVD out this week.... all about a once top notch world event that the FIM diluted to nothing.
Love the emotive line from Chris Morton: "A couple of scraggy-arsed kids from Partington beat the world."
£20 for an epic 6 hours of action and candid interviews from www.retro-speedway.com

LONDON SPEEDWAY TRACKS & TEAMS

IT'S RAW, IT'S RARE, IT'S RETRO!

THANKS to very rare and previously unseen 8mm cine footage from the 60 and 70s, plus video film from the 80s, you can now relive magical memories of speedway at sadly defunct London venues Hackney, West Ham, Wimbledon, White City and Wembley on this unique double-disc set.

Featuring more than 200 races from 40+ meetings, plus 90 London riders and many other opponents, including:

HACKNEY
HAWKS v HAMMERS (1968)
WCQR (1968)
England v Poland (1974)
HAWKS v Oxford (1974 & 1975)
Oxford v HAWKS (1974)
GOLDEN JUBILEE (1978)
Berwick v HACKNEY (1985 & 1986)
Colin Pratt, Gerry Jackson, Roy Trigg, Les McGillivray, Malcolm Brown, Barry Thomas, Dag Lovaas, Dave Morton, Christer Lofqvist, Mike Broadbank, Dave Kennett, Steve Lomas, Laurie Etheridge, Ted Hubbard, Zenon Plech, Finn Thomsen, Bo Petersen, Vic Harding, Bent Rasmussen, Bobby McNeil, Jens Rasmussen, Toni Kasper, John Titman, Sean Willmott, Martin Hagon, Andy Galvin, Paul Bosley, Trevor Banks, Paul Whittaker.

WEST HAM
HAMMERS v Swindon (1966)
Rye House v HAMMERS (1966)
England v USSR (1966 & 1968)
HAMMERS v Newcastle (1968)
HAMMERS v Coatbridge (1969)
HAMMERS v Belle Vue (1970)
Ken McKinlay, Sverre Harrfeldt, Norman Hunter, Malcolm Simmons, Brian Leonard, Tony Clarke, Reg Trott, Ted Ede, Ray Wickett, Stan Stevens, George Barclay, Christer Lofqvist, Olle Nygren, Martyn Piddock, Garry Hay.

WIMBLEDON
DONS v Belle Vue (1960, starring Peter Craven)
DONS v HAMMERS (1965 x 2 & 1966)
DONS v HAWKS (1965 & 1982)
WILLS INTERNATIONALE (1966, 1974 & 1975)
Belle Vue v DONS (1977)
Oxford v DONS (1974 & 1975)
DONS v Poole (1983)
Arena-Essex v DONS (1989)
DONS v Ipswich (1989)
DONS v Eastbourne (1989)
Ronnie Moore, Olle Nygren, Reg Luckhurst, Trevor Hedge, Jim Tebby, Bob Dugard, Johnny Edwards, Barry Briggs, Tommy Jansson, Larry Ross, Bert Harkins, Graeme Stapleton, Barry Crowson, Mick Hines, Roger Johns, Colin Richardson, Stefan Salomonsson, Rudy Muts, Malcolm Simmons, Dave Jessup, Kai Niemi, Anders Eriksson, Brad Oxley, Kelvin Tatum, Mike Ferreira, Alan Mogridge, Ari Koponen, Todd Wiltshire, Ray Morton, Neville Tatum, Nathan Simpson, Rodney Payne, Scott Humphries, Paul Woods (guest).

WHITE CITY
World Team Cup Final (1976)
REBELS v DONS (1977)
Wolves v REBELS (1977 BL title decider)
REBELS v HAWKS (1978)
Mildenhall v REBELS (1978)
Gordon Kennett, Steve Weatherley, Kai Niemi, Trevor Geer, Marek Cieslak, Mike Sampson, Paul Gachet, Dave Kennett, Andrzej Jurczynski.

WEMBLEY
LIONS away to Leicester (1971)
England v Sweden (1973 inc Christer Lofqvist)
World Final practice sessions (1967, 1969 & 1981)
Bert Harkins, Sverre Harrfeldt, Brian Leonard, Brian Collins, Tony Clarke.

If you can spare 5.30 mins, please check out this preview . . . and to order for just £16 (UK post-free) please visit www.retro-speedway.com

Edited by tmc
  • Like 1

Just seen the trailer for the recently issued DVD " Great Races of the 70's & 80's"...looks to be a winner with some classic action. A must for all speedway connoisseurs!

• Like 1