British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Odds On

Swindon should be deducted points.

Last night was the dustiest meeting i have been to since the Wembley 1975 World Final ( Collins unlucky conditions changed).Last night it was so dusty people were laughing about it it was like being outside the Swindon Crematorium terrible.I notice now and even Doyley did it last week entering bend 1 people are shutting off the track is so unpredictable Morris has fell off twice in a week in the same place something is not right is it just the track or are bikes just to quick now I don't know the answer.

Racing so poor. I stopped watching it!  Virtually no over-taking, blame it on the track it was terrible. I suggest Swindon Manager have words with Mr Godfrey as;  Considering it was a very, very hot afternoon last Sunday at 5pm.  Scunny had a double header which ran without problems and us fans enjoyed one of the best meetings ever! Scunthorpe v Glasgow.

• Like 3

It's no use saying it's because of this and that. 

It's too hot, it's been raining, snow is expected, there is always an excuse why racing is rubbish.  I honestly can't remember the last good meeting I saw, apart from perhaps the GPs. 

There are far Moore bad tracks than good.  Regards the weather, they race in Australia and they seem to manage. 

33 minutes ago, June said:

Racing so poor. I stopped watching it!  Virtually no over-taking, blame it on the track it was terrible. I suggest Swindon Manager have words with Mr Godfrey as;  Considering it was a very, very hot afternoon last Sunday at 5pm.  Scunny had a double header which ran without problems and us fans enjoyed one of the best meetings ever! Scunthorpe v Glasgow.

Precisely :approve:

It was steaming hot at Scunny on Sunday - I can't recall being at a meeting when it was hotter - and yet the meeting was just brilliant.

Rob Godfrey doesn't have a magic wand - if he can do it, so can everyone else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Precisely :approve:

It was steaming hot at Scunny on Sunday - I can't recall being at a meeting when it was hotter - and yet the meeting was just brilliant.

Rob Godfrey doesn't have a magic wand - if he can do it, so can everyone else.

To be fair he almost certainly has 24 hour availability to the track(if wanted or needed) which  other tracks haven`t.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 4

With all this good dry weather we are experiencing some dust can be expected, but there is never an excuse for having a track with more bumps on it, than the combined maternity wards of the UK 

• Like 1

Most tracks could do what Buster did. Start putting the water into the track from 3.45 am for the Poole meeting. Surely most must have access to the track in the early hours? Is it lack of willing staff or just being lazy and not giving a fig?

Given the proximity now of housing at Swindon Id imagine any work involving heavy plant and/or possible noise couldnt start til a more reasonable hour than 3.45.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Given the proximity now of housing at Swindon Id imagine any work involving heavy plant and/or possible noise couldnt start til a more reasonable hour than 3.45.....

You may well have a point there. Maybe some other dust bowls then :t:

55 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Maybe it's time to move away from the shale tracks and try something else, for example what's used at show jumping or all weather horse tracks.

Has anything like this ever been trialled?

Tarmac!

If you deduct points from Swindon...then Stoke would end up on Minus 40 at least.

They should however be fined

Edited by Gunner85

2 hours ago, marko said:

The track looked more like a bigger version of Kent's, and with the same Len Silver preparation which is tarmac covered in a light dusting of shale, Dusting being the operative word.

Last night at Kent, they did a much better job at keeping the dust down than at Swindon. The water bowser is excellent at Kent, and was out virtually every heat. It chucks out a fair amount of water at speed, although the track itself still needs improving.

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Rob Godfrey doesn't have a magic wand -

I'm not sure his wife will agree with that statement :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Last night at Kent, they did a much better job at keeping the dust down than at Swindon. The water bowser is excellent at Kent, and was out virtually every heat. It chucks out a fair amount of water at speed, although the track itself still needs improving.

But  they didn’t manage to get the meeting run till the end again!!!12 heats raced and you pay the full whack for the pleasure?Rip off speedway whatever way you look at it

Edited by iris123

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Last night was the dustiest meeting i have been to since the Wembley 1975 World Final ( Collins unlucky conditions changed).Last night it was so dusty people were laughing about it it was like being outside the Swindon Crematorium terrible.I notice now and even Doyley did it last week entering bend 1 people are shutting off the track is so unpredictable Morris has fell off twice in a week in the same place something is not right is it just the track or are bikes just to quick now I don't know the answer.

That is exactly what I thought, was waiting for the guy in white shirt and tie to appear with a hose pipe on turn 1.  Not a good impression with plans for the new stadium still apparently not 100% finalised and the need to demonstrate to the new local residents that speedway won't cause any problems....