British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

Great Britain v Australia - Glasgow, Saturday August 4 - 3pm

Hope Doyle is fit and both Australia and GB put out their strongest sides possible.

Hope it's a great success for Glasgow and speedway in the UK in general.

I was up in Glasgow anyway to see the (now postponed) Glasgow v Newcastle meeting on Friday night along with some Track Cycling and Football. Very excited about this and already bought my ticket. Was just thinking at the GP on Saturday that a proper Test Match was long overdue. 

Hopefully next year there will be a few more up and down the country. Can't make this one but it's certainly a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

Full international at a tier 2 track...when did that last happen? Glasgow deserve it...wish we had similarly excellent promoters and track down south..

• Like 1

Wonder what everyone would consider the best GB & Aus 1-7's actually are right now?

Woffinden, Lambert, Cook, Bewley, Worrall (S), Ellis got to be nailed on - maybe the likes of Garrity/Howarth be thereabouts?

vs

Holder (J) and (C?), Batchelor, Morris, Masters, Kurtz,  Doyle

Edited by JCookie

Note from info on this that the stadium has only a capacity of 2,500 only! Thought it was larger than that?

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Woffinden, Lambert, Cook, Bewley, Worrall (S), Ellis got to be nailed on - maybe the likes of Garrity/Howarth be thereabouts?

vs

Holder (J) and (C?), Batchelor, Morris, Masters, Kurtz,  Doyle

Has Max Fricke retired ?

• Haha 1

GB:

1. Woffinden
  2. S Worrall
  3. Cook
  4. R Worrall
  5. Lambert
  6. Ellis
  7. Bewley

Aus:

1. Doyle
  2. J Holder
  3. Batchelor
  4. Masters
  5. Morris
  6. Fricke
  7. Kurtz

Would be an exciting line-up

Edited by Welwyn

I'm sure I read somewhere they would be 6 man teams?

Which side is Schlein going to ride for?

Edited by Noodles
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Noodles said:

I'm sure I read somewhere they would be 6 man teams?

Which side is Schlein going to ride for?

Saw Glasgow tweeted that after I had posted potential teams. That would marry up with my thought that this is a joint venture between the new 'Team GB' ownership & Glasgow as an experiment for future Tests. Denmark use 6-rider teams and might be easier for the likes of Sweden to come over with 6-man rather than 7-man teams.

As for Schlein, :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Welwyn said:

Saw Glasgow tweeted that after I had posted potential teams. That would marry up with my thought that this is a joint venture between the new 'Team GB' ownership & Glasgow as an experiment for future Tests. Denmark use 6-rider teams and might be easier for the likes of Sweden to come over with 6-man rather than 7-man teams.

As for Schlein, :rofl:

Test matches are always 6 rider teams. 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1