British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

Great Britain v Australia - Glasgow, Saturday August 4 - 3pm

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You obviously feel far more strongly over this matter than I do which is why Im less inclined to defend a position 

Ultimately there are far more important things to get worked up about than 1 rider missing a hastily arranged friendly, even one tagged as a test match

im not going to get involved with whose riding or not. Frankly if the riders named wont get people to attend I don't think the addition of Robert lambert would make a difference.

However I do think your a bit harsh suggesting this is a hastily arranged friendly. Some thought has gone into this . fans have said they want weekend meetings so they can travel, not miss work or whatever - tick. don't want there riders to miss a league match cos they are representing there country - no Premiership or Championship meetings on Saturday, so tick; want to see riders ride in the UK who currently only race abroad - Tai and Chris, so tick; want to get back home at a reasonable time -3pm start, so tick; want to see proper test matches - tick.

so to sum up the Glasgow promoters, the GB and Aussie management have done a brilliant job to get this meeting on, so get your tick(ets) while you can!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You obviously feel far more strongly over this matter than I do which is why Im less inclined to defend a position 

Ultimately there are far more important things to get worked up about than 1 rider missing a hastily arranged friendly, even one tagged as a test match

A friendly?  Ya stupid Pom -- we don't do friendlies against your lot.      Never have, never will.

This is a Test Match, long overdue -- and Australia are going to humiliate England, just like always.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I have been “lambertlasted” by mostly Kings Lynn fans for having the temerity to say Lambert should cancel his “holiday” to ride in the meeting. To cry off as tired is feeble in the extreme, especially for a kidof his age. Very poor imo.

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No we are both wrong, judging by the stick I have been given on the Poole v KL thread. :rolleyes:

Not just Lynn fans though is it? So don't make it about clubs and allegiances. It's more about common sense and seeing the bigger picture, and considering and discussing the circumstances rather than just seeing things in black and white.

The lad has been riding four or more times a week almost all season, more experienced riders than he have suffered burn out at this stage of the year and some have even opted out of the SWC to prevent it happening. I expect this was his only window to have a short battery recharge hence why a holiday was booked probably weeks and weeks ago.

As I have said all along it is disappointing and less than ideal that he won't be there but understandable. And the positive is that somebody else gets an opportunity to show what they can do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Doyle’s pulled out ........

Who is riding? What are the team lineups? The Glasgow website nor the Great Britain Speedway Team have them listed as of this morning.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:55 PM, Noodles said:

Maybe speedway can reach a whole new low - Schlein to ride for GB & Australia to use rider replacement for him. 

Seems quite likely to happen. How hard would Schlein try if riding for GB against Australia? With no Doyle and no Lambert ( for various reasons ) it looks more and more like a Championship lineup. Issue the teams , as known today please. We know that riders can be injured at any time so why do we not know of the "squad" members? 

27 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Who is riding? What are the team lineups? The Glasgow website nor the Great Britain Speedway Team have them listed as of this morning.

Clearly you are a stirrer or not very good at finding information on Web sites. The website has info on the full gb team and rossiters thoughts. It also gives the name of the first 4 Aus riders Chris Holder, Fricke and Brady kurtz and Doyle subject to a fitness test. You can also look at the Facebook site.

• Like 3

Doyle tweeted saying 14 day rule means he can't ride until Sunday. Very naughty Glasgow...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Seems quite likely to happen. How hard would Schlein try if riding for GB against Australia? With no Doyle and no Lambert ( for various reasons ) it looks more and more like a Championship lineup. Issue the teams , as known today please. We know that riders can be injured at any time so why do we not know of the "squad" members? 

Now that is total bull

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Doyle tweeted saying 14 day rule means he can't ride until Sunday. Very naughty Glasgow...

I`m not sure that Glasgow are being deliberately untruthful- This 14 days is purely because Torun used R/R(Z/Z) last Sunday for him and their rule(Poland) is that the rider has to be going to be out for 14 days from when the injury occurred for R/R to be sanctioned. If Mark Lemon hasn`t told them yet then they won`t know.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

im not going to get involved with whose riding or not. Frankly if the riders named wont get people to attend I don't think the addition of Robert lambert would make a difference.

However I do think your a bit harsh suggesting this is a hastily arranged friendly. Some thought has gone into this . fans have said they want weekend meetings so they can travel, not miss work or whatever - tick. don't want there riders to miss a league match cos they are representing there country - no Premiership or Championship meetings on Saturday, so tick; want to see riders ride in the UK who currently only race abroad - Tai and Chris, so tick; want to get back home at a reasonable time -3pm start, so tick; want to see proper test matches - tick.

so to sum up the Glasgow promoters, the GB and Aussie management have done a brilliant job to get this meeting on, so get your tick(ets) while you can!

Fair comment re my titling - perhaps just a little naughty :lol:

Dont get me wrong Im dont want to knock it and I am very much in favour of the new set up (and how Glasgow are attempting to drag the sport up from its boot straps generally)

Just dont see it as outrageously terrible that Lambert misses it in the circumstances

Given that the set up only came into play just before the SON any other plans were only ever going to be last minute this season - and for that effort I applaud them

Hopefully next year with full planning an exciting new programme can be integrated and fully supported

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I`m not sure that Glasgow are being deliberately untruthful- This 14 days is purely because Torun used R/R(Z/Z) last Sunday for him and their rule(Poland) is that the rider has to be going to be out for 14 days from when the injury occurred for R/R to be sanctioned. If Mark Lemon hasn`t told them yet then they won`t know.

What has Poland got to do with it?

Others have missed UK meetings with mandatory concussion suspensions yet still ridden abroad

That said I was amazed he was even announced as having a chance to be fit for it in the first place!

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

What's naughty?   Glasgow learn this morning -- presumably Jason Doyle notified MA of his unavailability before, or at the same time as he tweeted -- and have it on their Facebook early this morning that he won't be fit.      Presumably having waited for MA to confirm it.

Now we need three more Aussies to fill our roster and whup youse Poms.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What has Poland got to do with it?

Others have missed UK meetings with mandatory concussion suspensions yet still ridden abroad

That said I was amazed he was even announced as having a chance to be fit for it in the first place!

I wish you had read my post properly- it has everything to do with Poland !!!! nothing to do with mandatory concussion and all to do with Torun.

Torun used R/R for Doyle last Sunday- for them to do so Doyle must have agreed that he couldn`t ride for 14days from the Cardiff crash- which means the first date is Sunday 5th when he is due to ride in the Polish Extraleague riders championships in Gdansk.

• Like 1

Yeah,but does a frantically arranged friendly in Glasgow count?He could maybe ride as Sean O’Malley or something so they don’t know