British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

Great Britain v Australia - Glasgow, Saturday August 4 - 3pm

28 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I wish you had read my post properly- it has everything to do with Poland !!!! nothing to do with mandatory concussion and all to do with Torun.

Torun used R/R for Doyle last Sunday- for them to do so Doyle must have agreed that he couldn`t ride for 14days from the Cardiff crash- which means the first date is Sunday 5th when he is due to ride in the Polish Extraleague riders championships in Gdansk.

So basically Torun are calling the shots over British speedway.

Don't get me wrong, if medically 14 days is the preferred option fine but it should be universal and not just Poland.

Surely concussion is a subject on which the whole of world speedway should agree.

Edited by Star Lady
added words
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

So what`s new ;)

Nothing but given the subject matter i.e. concussion,  isn't it about time the FIM got involved and called for a consistent suspension time.  Shouldn't the SCB/BSPA be calliing on the FIM to do so.

They could hold a conference on the subject somewhere hot and sunny to discuss it so there should be a good attendance:P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Nothing but given the subject matter i.e. concussion,  isn't it about time the FIM got involved and called for a consistent suspension time.  Shouldn't the SCB/BSPA be calliing on the FIM to do so.

They could hold a conference on the subject somewhere hot and sunny to discuss it so there should be a good attendance:P

ACU concussion for aged 20 and over is 9 days off- where has this 14 days come from ?

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

ACU concussion for aged 20 and over is 9 days off- where has this 14 days come from ?

I have no idea. So why don't the British authorities challenge it with the FIM. Toothless comes to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I wish you had read my post properly- it has everything to do with Poland !!!! nothing to do with mandatory concussion and all to do with Torun.

Torun used R/R for Doyle last Sunday- for them to do so Doyle must have agreed that he couldn`t ride for 14days from the Cardiff crash- which means the first date is Sunday 5th when he is due to ride in the Polish Extraleague riders championships in Gdansk.

Thats my point - how can Poland insist he rides NOWHERE for 14 days

Yes not within 14 days in Poland but if his time out within UK rules has expired and he felt fit to ride then Poland should not be able to dictate

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thats my point - how can Poland insist he rides NOWHERE for 14 days

Yes not within 14 days in Poland but if his time out within UK rules has expired and he felt fit to ride then Poland should not be able to dictate

They can’t.But obviously if he does ride beforehand he and probably his club will face the consequences.If his club are sanctioned you can imagine what will happen to him.Guess he can always stick a good old Aussie two fingers up to them though lol

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 10:29 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Even Proctor is a better choice than Grajczonek

Josh is on a Polish licence.

6 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Josh is on a Polish licence.

Doesn't matter 

6 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Why not?

You can be on any licence and still represent your country.

Josh being on a Polish licence allows him to ride where he likes around Europe without the requirements of a work permit.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:33 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Doyle, C.Holder, Fricke, Masters, Kurtz, J.Holder

Batch is better than a couple of those but not sure if he gets on with the manager.

On 7/28/2018 at 8:47 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Is it televised? So remote for most fans to consider attending. Perhaps Pay per view should be set up.

So remote?

Are you for real?

• Like 1

Great Britain  
Tai Woffinden 
Craig Cook 
Dan Bewley 
Chris Harris 
Steve Worrall 
Adam Ellis  

Australia 
Chris Holder 
Max Fricke 
Brady Kurtz 
Sam Masters 
Rohan Tungate 
Jack Holder

The Final line ups. 

Tasty! 

5 minutes ago, stewmac said:

So remote?

Are you for real?

He is for real and correct. Anywhere in Scotland or deep south of England is remote.

Hopefully in 2019 there will be 3-4 of these international fixtures. 

Glasgow, Belle Vue, Peterborough and Somerset should be the venues.

• Like 1